GDT: US Open :: Raonic & Bouchard eliminated

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
He's the main reason I got into the sport of tennis in first place. I didn't follow/play before his career took off and now I'm doing both. :)

I never liked him early on because I was huge Agassi fan and when Andre's career was dwindling down and Roger was getting established Andrei could never beat him, so Roger really got on my nerves initially, but I've learned to love the guy after all these tears, special talent, a special person and he will probably go down as the greatest tennis player in history.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
4-6, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1.

The Fed Express rolls on

I like that Roger is rediscovering his slice backhand and using it to good effect. Stefan Edberg is a good fit as coach for him: very cerebral player in his day, also with a one-handed backhand. Roger is still moving beautifully too, as was evident with the cross-court winner against the dropshot yesterday.

That said, Djokovic looks formidable on hard courts again.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Out of top ten seeds on the mens side nine are in the 4th round (Ferrer being the sole exception)! Gonna be a good week for tennis fans!

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
That woman commentator (whoever she is) on TSN5 right now reminds me of PJ Stock the way she can't form a complete sentence without pausing. Very annoying. If you don't have a thought fully formed in your head don't try to stumble your way through it on national TV.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Bouchard is lucky to remain in the first set still as Makarova gifted her several very important points. Only down a single break as it stands.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Was hoping to see Bouchard break out of her US Open blues this match but looks like she'll need to battle herself again in order to go through to the quarters.

:(

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Ouch. 3 break points lost for Bouchard to get even in the set.

EDIT: And we're even at 5 in the first.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
Me love seeing Roger going to the net more often. Reminds me of him when he started as a pro.

For those who would like to have a good laugh, he said in 1998 that he wanted to go in the top 100 and the volley is the worst part of his game. :laugh: (Only in French, sorry)

Little did he know.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Only 13 winners to 21 unforced errors for Eugenie so far. Not pretty.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Is there a channel on TV showing this? Can't seem to find it and not enough a fan to watch online haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad