GDT: US Open :: Raonic & Bouchard eliminated

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
So, he's having his typical kind of a match then? :P

Pretty much... he does have two breaks but hes been pilling up errors and his mobility is always an issue... the chara of tennis!

On many points it just seems he could be doing a few steps more but he just stands still.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
With how much better Nishikori is at rallying right now, Raonic should've stopped 2nd-serving in that last service game and just gone for the ace every time.

Milos needs to pick up his ground game next set if it goes that far because he's getting owned in that regard right now.

I mean, you're the 5th seed and you're spraying 4 out of 5 rally shots past the baseline? Come the **** on, Milos!

CanadiensforLife

Sep 11, 2010
Montreal
Raonic is really frustrating to watch... can't keep a rally going, has trouble returning serves, stands still too much. Makes things a lot harder for himself than it should be... :shakehead:facepalm:

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
Why? Because he's from Ontario and la Quebecoise Eugenie got eliminated?

No because I don't really like Raonic's game. I don't want this guy to be the future of tennis. I don't even think he deserves to be the top 6th player in the world.

He only has 1 win on someone from the top 10 this year, it's ridiculous. The guy gets the luckiest draws which makes him look better than he really is. He has like 6 wins on the top 30...

There is absolutely no patriotism for me in tennis, I'm sorry. I don't dislike the guy, I just don't like how people overrate him.

Maffew

May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
This is a frustrating match to watch. How can Raonic be a top 5 player in the world and have such a terrible ground game?

CanadiensforLife

Sep 11, 2010
Montreal
No because I don't really like Raonic's game. I don't want this guy to be the future of tennis. I don't even think he deserves to be the top 6th player in the world.

He only has 1 win on someone from the top 10 this year, it's ridiculous. The guy gets the luckiest draws which makes him look better than he really is. He has like 6 wins on the top 30...

There is absolutely no patriotism for me in tennis, I'm sorry. I don't dislike the guy, I just don't like how people overrate him.

Convenient. If Bouchard was in a similar position, I guarantee your patriotism would sway towards Bouchard. I don't buy your reason for not liking his game at all. T 'es quelqu'un qui encourage juste du monde de Quebec. Point final.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Ok dude, get out with your patriot talk. We're watching a tennis match here. He's free to cheer for whoever he wants.

Milos has a serve and that's basically it. It's frustrating to watch.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
Convenient. If Bouchard was in a similar position, I guarantee your patriotism would sway towards Bouchard. I don't buy your reason for not liking his game at all. T 'es quelqu'un qui encourage juste du monde de Quebec. Point final.

What? I'm the last guy on this ****ing board who wants to have French players and I don't like Bouchard that much because you know what buddy? I don't even watch women's tennis.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maffew

May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Ok dude, get out with your patriot talk. We're watching a tennis match here. He's free to cheer for whoever he wants.

Milos has a serve and that's basically it. It's frustrating to watch.

That's all that's going through my mind this entire match. I honestly don't even understand how this has gone to 5 sets.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
Kei is a better player than Raonic, the guy has just been really unlucky with all the injuries he's had in the past.

He almost kicked Nadal's ass in Madrid. On clay btw.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Milos has almost double unforced errors compared to Nishikori... He will really need to round out his game, else he won't win ****.

Btw great post Lars :laugh:

Maffew

May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Good hold at 0 for Milos. A few errors on Ken's part is good to see, and hopefully they carry into the next game so we can see this match break a record.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
In the end, if you can hold your service with the best of them, you will always be a top player in the world. But the rest of his game sucks.

Another error... it was wide open.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Typical Raonic game...

Once I had hopes for him to rise to the next level, but it doesn't look like it's in the cards.

Maffew

May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
And there it is. Good job by Milos to run down every point in that final rally, but if he'd have done that more often during the match though, he'd have probably fared better.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
With how much better Nishikori is at rallying right now, Raonic should've stopped 2nd-serving in that last service game and just gone for the ace every time.

Milos needs to pick up his ground game next set if it goes that far because he's getting owned in that regard right now.

I mean, you're the 5th seed and you're spraying 4 out of 5 rally shots past the baseline? Come the **** on, Milos!

If not for his height and great serve, Raonic wouldn't come close to his seeding. If his first serve averaged only 120 mph he might not make the top 50. He's not a smart tactician, he doesn't win his share of backhand-to-backhand cross-court rallies, and he's prone to making careless errors. Grand slam winner? Not likely. Who comes to mind? Perhaps Greg Rusedski, another hard server from Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00