GDT: US Open :: Raonic & Bouchard eliminated

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
Milos Raonic won today 3-0 (6-3,6-3,6-3) which puts him in the QF for the first time ever at a major.

Eugenie Bouchard won today 2-0 (6-1,6-2) off to the QF.

Serena williams was eliminated by a huge upset in the 2nd round. Bouchard could do it! and Milos has a great serve you never know.

Go Canada Go

Wimbledon Posts Start @ Post 293

Last edited:

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Raonic has become a lot more well rounded a player than given credit for. His game is wooden and he had a relatively easy draw but getting this far against legitimate clay courters is always impressive.

TofoEmptyNt

Nov 10, 2013
Ontario
I've seen quite a bit of both so far.
Raonic is looking pretty good. Insane power, but he lacks that mobility and soft touch that the other top men have. I think he'll have a tough time if he runs into Djokovic or Nadal.
Genie looks really good right now. Dominated her match today. Not many women left who can match her power and her mobility is pretty good too. With a lot of the top women out already, she could make another run like she did in the Australian.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I've seen quite a bit of both so far.
Raonic is looking pretty good. Insane power, but he lacks that mobility and soft touch that the other top men have. I think he'll have a tough time if he runs into Djokovic or Nadal.
Genie looks really good right now. Dominated her match today. Not many women left who can match her power and her mobility is pretty good too. With a lot of the top women out already, she could make another run like she did in the Australian.

I'd love to see her play Sharapova. Would be and excellent match.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Raonic has become a lot more well rounded a player than given credit for. His game is wooden and he had a relatively easy draw but getting this far against legitimate clay courters is always impressive.

Raonic is moving around more swiftly than ever IMO. His body language seems to be better too. Looks confident. I now see raonic with a shot to go get into the 5-6 seeding consistently, whereas before, I was certain he would be no more than a 8-10ish seed.

Bouchard has a great future. She might be the most marketable Canadian in the world today, never mind her ability on the court.

Sined

The AndroidBugler!
Jun 25, 2007
Raonic is moving around more swiftly than ever IMO. His body language seems to be better too. Looks confident. I now see raonic with a shot to go get into the 5-6 seeding consistently, whereas before, I was certain he would be no more than a 8-10ish seed.

Bouchard has a great future. She might be the most marketable Canadian in the world today, never mind her ability on the court.

It's already happening, she's done a bunch of commercials.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
I think she has a shot at winning at Roland Garros. If she does, she could move into the top 8, certainly top 10. She'd be the first Canadian women to do so since Carling Bassett in '85.

I have a feeling she's going to win several majors down the road.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I think she has a shot at winning at Roland Garros. If she does, she could move into the top 8, certainly top 10. She'd be the first Canadian women to do so since Carling Bassett in '85.

I have a feeling she's going to win several majors down the road.

Isn't she in the top 10 already?

Hum, She's 16th for now, but she has reached 10th place before.

Also, it's crazy how many point Serena has.. wow.

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
She'll lose close to 2000 points since she was the defending champ and lost in the 2nd round this year. She'll still have a good lead over Li Na though.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
She'll lose close to 2000 points since she was the defending champ and lost in the 2nd round this year. She'll still have a good lead over Li Na though.

Yeah, I figured as much. But she has like 4000 points on Li Na at the moment. Crazy.

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
Only Wednesday for Bouchard?!?! 3 days off, wtf? :amazed:

Both matches will be tomorrow.

Court Suzanne Lenglen - 8:00 AM
Women's Singles - Quarterfinals
Carla Suarez Navarro (ESP) [14]
vs.
Eugenie Bouchard (CAN) [18]

Court Philippe Chatrier - Around 9:30-10 AM (after the Sharapova match)
Men's Singles - Quarterfinals
Milos Raonic (CAN) [8]
vs.
Novak Djokovic (SRB) [2]

tdecheno

Aug 18, 2006
Isn't she in the top 10 already?

Hum, She's 16th for now, but she has reached 10th place before.

Also, it's crazy how many point Serena has.. wow.

She never been top 10...16th is as high as she's been and only going up, I don't reall like tennis but am still damn proud. No Canadian has ever made me watch tennis like she has. #GenieArmy

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
Both matches will be tomorrow.

Court Suzanne Lenglen - 8:00 AM
Women's Singles - Quarterfinals
Carla Suarez Navarro (ESP) [14]
vs.
Eugenie Bouchard (CAN) [18]

Court Philippe Chatrier - Around 9:30-10 AM (after the Sharapova match)
Men's Singles - Quarterfinals
Milos Raonic (CAN) [8]
vs.
Novak Djokovic (SRB) [2]

Yep you are right , My bad

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
She never been top 10...16th is as high as she's been and only going up, I don't reall like tennis but am still damn proud. No Canadian has ever made me watch tennis like she has. #GenieArmy

Jeeze, the hell did I smoke :laugh:

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
Matches Today ::

Eugenie Bouchard v Carla Suarez Navarro :: 8:00am EST

Milos Raonic (8) v (2) Novak Djokovic :: 9:30am EST

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The betting odds on the match just to let you know what people think are the following.

Eugenie Bouchard 1.80 v Carla Suarez Navarro 2.00

Milos Raonic 8.00 v Novak Djokovic 1.08

MTLAzzurri

Mar 2, 2013
Is there anywhere I can listen or even watch the Bouchard/Milos games online?

TSN 690 is only playing clips. I'm not in Canada if that makes a difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad