Confirmed with Link: Update: JD resigns to take NYR gig (John Davidson Leaving for NYR?)

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I only got that sense from Bob. It sure seemed to me like he knew last September this was it. Maybe Bread did also, but I got the feeling he was happy playing here and having fun. I never got that Bread and Torts didn't mix well. I thought Davidson has represented Central Ohio very well and I thought he was very happy here.

I thought Dzingle was truly excited to be back in Columbus. But maybe it was just the fact that it wasn't Ottawa. Duchene seemed to embrace this. By July 4th we will know how much he embraced it. I have never heard a word about Zito not wanting to be in Columbus.

Maybe they all had a periodic secret poker game and bashed the hell out of Central Ohio and you are correct. A mass jail break awaits. I'll stick with my "league stripping assets" theory.
My post was simply a response to the phrase "league wants to strip its assets". These are individual decisions and not league orchestrated actions.

Other than Panarin and Davidson, I don't think that there's a remote chance that it's a slight on Columbus and in these two cases I'm pretty sure it's more about ego than the city.

Bob's issues were not with the city but with management. Duchene obviously enjoyed himself here and spoke glowingly of the city-he's played out his UFA card long enough that he'd be a fool not to see what all of his options are.

Dzingle is also playing the UFA card. He's not the type of player (soft and one dimensional) that the coach embraces:laugh:

Panarin is a 15 year old attention seeking girl trapped in a 27 year old man's body. He's a me me me diva who could very well be in a locker room issue. While no one can dispute his playing abilities, he leaves a lot to be desired in other areas. I would not take anything he does personally as against Columbus. He wants to be a "rock star". What a clown. Прощай Artemi!

Davidson loves his bright lights and big city just like Panarin. The Broadcaster has an ego the size of Manhattan. He's never been anything more than a mediocre executive. Good riddance to him!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'm honestly pretty surprised this hasn't been made official yet. I still think it happens, as the Rangers haven't opened up their president search for new names, but I find it odd that is hasn't happened yet.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I'm honestly pretty surprised this hasn't been made official yet. I still think it happens, as the Rangers haven't opened up their president search for new names, but I find it odd that is hasn't happened yet.

It was said that his family loves it here, wouldn’t surprise me if this is a really tough decision

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
It was said that his family loves it here, wouldn’t surprise me if this is a really tough decision

I wonder if there isn't a sense on his part that, with the expected player exodus, he doesn't want to appear to be a rat jumping a sinking ship.

1) This is not to suggest that JD is in fact a rat. Or at least, that I think so.

2) This is not to suggest that, despite the potential player exodus, the CBJ is a sinking ship. Or at least, that I think so.

But I do wonder if perhaps he doesn't want to give any appearance that this franchise is undesirable. That, if the timing was different, it'd be much easier. Or, if he's waiting to see if Jarmo can convince Duchene to stay.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
This was a Portzline comment. I haven't seen it anywhere else. The longer this drags out, the more I'm convinced he's gone. It doesn't take this long to tell NY he's staying in Columbus. It takes this long to work out details of a contract with responsibilities and control laid out.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Kutter

Jan 27, 2008
Dublin
Personally I'd be disappointed to see JD leave. He brought a tremendous amount of respect to the franchise outside Columbus. The CBJ are in a much better position now from top to bottom of the organization in comparison to prior to JD's arrival. However change is inevitable and he is not getting any younger. The "win" if JD leaves may that Zito stays long term. With Jarmo and Zito the franchise remains in solid hands and perhaps opens the option of bringing in another young hockey mind.

Reactions: Section311

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
The "win" if JD leaves may that Zito stays long term. With Jarmo and Zito the franchise remains in solid hands and perhaps opens the option of bringing in another young hockey mind.

Who is the young hockey mind currently with the Jackets?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

The Blue Jackets do not plan to hire from the outside to fill Davidson’s role, an indication that majority owner John P. McConnell and president of business operations Mike Priest believe the hockey operations department is now stable enough to operate without somebody above Kekalainen.

213 Sentinel

Jul 2, 2006
Marysville, Ohio
I'm extremely grateful for JD's time here. Much good has been accomplished that can be traced directly to him. He righted a heavily listing ship, which arguably saved the franchise in the long term. I personally would like to see Jarmo and Zito promoted to POHOP and GM, respectively, but would understand if they went with the status quo. I just think retaining Zito by making him GM is a smart move.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
So much for lip service. "Columbus is a hidden gem, players should be happy to be there, we are this, we are that..."

I don't care about him leaving, but that's not a good look.

Reactions: Iron Balls McGinty

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
As a ranger fan just wanted to say that that’s one of the most classiest statements a team as ever released for anyone let alone someone leaving to take the same role on a different team. PURE CLASS!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad