Confirmed with Link: Update: JD resigns to take NYR gig (John Davidson Leaving for NYR?)

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
This would be great , as I’m convinced that JD was responsible for Torts , and the total opposite of the players Jarmo is and has acquired . Question then becomes , who would replace JD

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Bill Zito is still with the club right? If Jarmo followed JD to NY I could see Zito getting promoted. He's pretty well respected.

Is Jarmo POHOP material are the POHOP and GM tracks separate tracks?

Reactions: CPTN71

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Bill Zito is still with the club right? If Jarmo followed JD to NY I could see Zito getting promoted. He's pretty well respected.

Is Jarmo POHOP material are the POHOP and GM tracks separate tracks?

Doubt jarmo gives up his seat. I’m not sure they’d even replace JD if he left as the position was made for him.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Just throwing this out there. If JD does go to the Rangers, is that a bad thing?

I have nothing but good things to say about the man but we have stalled out from a development perspective having not been able to get past the first round and they may not be able to do that this year either. I don't know how much control he has over that part but I feel like the organization is ready to take the next step. Can he lead us any further than he already has?

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Just throwing this out there. If JD does go to the Rangers, is that a bad thing?

I have nothing but good things to say about the man but we have stalled out from a development perspective having not been able to get past the first round and they may not be able to do that this year either. I don't know how much control he has over that part but I feel like the organization is ready to take the next step. Can he lead us any further than he already has?
Sounds like how he left St Louis (not that they have done any better since he left). He brought respectability to the organization but cannot seem to get it over the hump.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I'm fine with it, he has been a bit of an empty suit (albeit a well-respected one) here as of late. Don't hear much from him and he embarrassed himself during the Johansen saga. Don't think Jarmo would go running after him, GM jobs aren't just willingly given up for no reason. I'd be fine without ol' JD.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Will be kind of sad if JD leaves. He did bring some stability when he was hired, but he does seem to have fulfilled his duty.

Maybe Mac Jr will give Jarmo full hockey ops decision making. Zito being in Jarmo's ear.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
It's been a debate for years who calls the shots.... JD or Jarmo…. As long as Mike Priest keeps his ass out of the office I'm fine with JD leaving....

That said, JD did bring stability and honor to the organization..

Reactions: Jaxs

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Really hope he stays. Him and Jarmo took Columbus from Pinocchio to a real boy... Stuff like this and maybe Torts going with some UFAs going...

This could be the beginning of the end for our team for a bit.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'm fine with it, he has been a bit of an empty suit (albeit a well-respected one) here as of late. Don't hear much from him and he embarrassed himself during the Johansen saga. Don't think Jarmo would go running after him, GM jobs aren't just willingly given up for no reason. I'd be fine without ol' JD.

I do agree with the Johansen stuff, but I do think this is a tad harsh. I think he's been a wonderful pillar for the franchise. Not only with the turnaround on the ice but also with the reputation with the team as a whole. Yes, you still have stupid f***s on the mains who think Panarin hates it here, but by and large most people don't think of us like they used to. It started with his hands getting on the team, and I think he will be missed if he leaves. You don't hear much from the GM or president of any good team because they let the team do the talking, and usually when you hear from the manager its not a good thing (last we heard from Jarmo in an interview was when he said the team wasn't playing together. Not good) so that stuff doesn't really bother me. But yeah. the organization handled Johansen poorly.

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
That makes more sense with the all in at the trade deadline. He knew he could be leaving why worry about stocking the shelves, just push all in and if we win he looks great. If we don't leave the mess for someone else.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
He would be leaving the team in better shap than he found it but it was at rock bottom when he took over.

Whether he stays or goes, the org needs to set the bar higher as just being respectable is no longer good enough. Given the deadline moves that were made, I think the bar is being set higher but now it's a matter of clearing that bar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad