Confirmed with Link: UPD Morrissey Suspended One Game by DOPS

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Not even close. Crosby was going down and Niskanen was putting up his gloves and stick to protect himself. No intent at all. He could not have predicted Crosby was going start falling in front of him. Problem is people watch that in slow motion instead of full speed to see he didn't have a lot of options.

Disagree completely, and I'll leave it at that.

Bottom line is that refs need to make the calls on the ice. You shouldn't have hockey ops doling out punishment because the refs don't get things right the first time.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Kucherov with a high hit on Vatanen... no call, and Kucherov ended up with a 3 point night.

John Hynes Should go cry to the media like that fat f***

No way NHL suspends a deep south good player, you would have to be in the way of Vegas for that to happen. Kucherov is too important to Tampa's success.

Can someone point me to a video list of crap that hasnt resulted in susepension?

Nov 24, 2006
Kucherov with a high hit on Vatanen... no call, and Kucherov ended up with a 3 point night.

John Hynes Should go cry to the media like that fat f***

Boudreau looks like a Maître D’ to me. Or a chef. Or a car salesman. Or a driving instructor.

Anything but a hockey coach, lol. Most of those guys stay fit.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Take off the tin foil hat.
Have you even been stopped by a cop for speeding but because you knew him ... he just gave you a warning?
Well Parros played for Brodeau when he was with the Ducks plus the Ducks hate the Kings. If I was a betting man I'm sure that had something to do with his decision on suspending Doughty and Morrisey. Where's the player safety on body slamming Perreault or punching out Myers knee both are out or trying to take Trouba's head off?
You punish both teams and not just the team your buddy is coaching against.

Last edited:

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
Fair.. No complaints. Almost lucky it was one game.

Staal has been spotted pouting on the bench the whole series so no surprise he was in the post-game. Good job.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Death From Above The Cold Hard Ice of Bell MTS Center...

Bell-MTS-Place-Scoreboard_01.jpg

Go :jets Go

Reactions: Dayofthedogs

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I’m sure the media uproar didn’t help JoMo’s case but I think one game is fair.

If anybody did that to a Jet I’d want them suspended as well.

Onwards and upwards!
Well the problem is they did ... Body slamming Perrault to the ice on his shoulder put him out of the series (Even in football that's a penalty) ... Myers was punched in the knee and wiped out into the boards and missed a game ... where is the player safety?
I won't mention Trouba because he did not miss any time just like crybaby Staal.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah, I didn't take the 'IMHO' route in order to emphasize the point...fact is, I would be shocked if he isn't suspended and there is, understandably, a lot of denial and rationalization going on here.
I love Josh, and know the hit was accidental, but it will be impossible to ignore by the DoPS. If this had been the regular season, Staal would have been undergoing concussion testing. I wouldn't be surprised if he is having symptoms and not telling anyone. Didn't he miss a last year's playoff elimination in similar fashion?

But they still are way off on consistency. The Marchand cross-check was clearly worse. And it was Marchand ffs. Are they getting punched out punishing him?

My first reaction on seeing Morrissey's hit was 1 game, deserved. But the DOPS is all over the map. That does piss me off a bit, but it is no surprise. It is typical of them.

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Well the problem is they did ... Body slamming Perrault to the ice on his shoulder put him out of the series (Even in football that's a penalty) ... Myers was punched in the knee and wiped out into the boards and missed a game ... where is the player safety?
I won't mention Trouba because he did not miss any time just like crybaby Staal.

None of those cases were as clear cut as JoMo’s imo. There is no arguing about JoMo’s incident and everybody can see it. I don’t buy the Myers “punch”. I think that’s fans getting emotional and reading to much into something. I don’t think the body slam is suspendable. If it is every team should have had suspentions this season. I think the Trouba hit should have been one game and that they missed it. Consistency is a problem.

But just because they missed one call doesn’t mean they stop handing out suspensions all together. Josh messed up and was careless with his stick. He got one game just like I’d want any other player to get.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yes, all calls, made or not, influence a game. However, a non-call to the jets most important pk defender that would’ve made it a 5-on-3 in a 0-0 game is INARGUABLY influential.

Influence is situational - a missed call in a 5-1 hockey game with 2 min left is very different than in a 2-1 game with the same time left. A made call in that same situation is also going to influence the game more in the second scenario.

So if we can agree that calls provide different amounts of influence situationally, what I’m saying is this this was a particularly influential call per my comments above.

Not all calls or non-calls are created equal - that’s the key point I’m making and I’m not sure that we’re on the same page on, as you took issue with it being influential.

I agree the non-call was potentially influential. But all the other bad reffing was also influential in a 1 goal game. Most of all, the bad call that led to this whole thing in the first place. That bad call not only gave Minny the upper hand early in that game but now has put JoMo out for game 5 too.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Meh, Staal pouting and Boudreau's post game accusation got the suspension.

Honestly though, cross checking isnt penalized enough.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
****, I'm fired up about this, can't imagine how the Jets feel. I mean, probably more rational but I bet they're going to come out with a point to prove.

I'm really expecting this to be the case.

Honestly, I feel the narrative is perfect for the Jets with this suspension. They can come out with the us against the world mentality, down key blue liners and romp the Wild. We have always been a bit of a David and I enjoy that. City UFA's don't want to sign in, players won't waive to be traded to, Trouba fought to get out of at one point, No playoff wins, etc, etc.... Wheeler will have this team exactly where it needs to be. He's an astonishing captain.

It's the league against the Jets and wether its true or not it gives the boys that shot in the arm to go out and prove not only can they beat the wild missing 3 of 4 of their top 6 Dmen from the start of the season but that they can dominate with their depth.

The point that they are proving in my mind will be that they can loose any single player and the team doesn't break.... It just adapts with incredible depth.

We were without Chef, Lowry, MP, Toby and Kulikov for long stretches this year and although the wins weren't as pretty they still piled them up without ever loosing 3 in a row in regulation.

I'm expecting huge games from Chef, Wheeler, Laine, Ehlers, Connor, Statsny, Little, Roslovic, Copp, Armia, Tanev, Lowry, Buff, Trouba, Helle.

This team projects a quit confidence that gives me goosebumps.

Oh.... And f*** you again DOPS

Reactions: JetsFan815

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
I think the suspension of JoMo may work in out favor with the reffing crew that does game 5.

I can't see the stripes crew (whoever they are) being pleased with BB and the whole Wild team going apeshit for 2 days after last game.

BB was even trying to say that Buffs hits have been illegal.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I think the suspension of JoMo may work in out favor with the reffing crew that does game 5.

I can't see the stripes crew (whoever they are) being pleased with BB and the whole Wild team going ape**** for 2 days after last game.

BB was even trying to say that Buffs hits have been illegal.

Quite a few posts from Wild fans stating the same. Last I heard a player with puck possession was hittable.

I've thought Buff's hit have been well timed masterpieces thus far.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00