Confirmed with Link: UPD Morrissey Suspended One Game by DOPS

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011

Well I guess I was mis-informed then, and I was told Buff played forward a lot during his life. He is best suited to play as a defenseman. I still think Armia, who has the size, and is a great defensive puck handler, should be tried out if we're short on D-men.

He won his Cup playing forward, ask Luongo if he was effective :)

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
The only penalty they call objectively is delay of game. And I'm glad they do for that - because you can't get away with it you don't see nearly as many pucks over the glass. It makes a PKer's job way harder, but they've sucked it up and play within the rules.

If they started calling every cross-check for an entire season, you would see players change the way they play. You can play defensively without cross-checking, it's just a lot harder.

But it's the same thing with interference - one year the league will say they will call everything, and then they lighten up and then stop after the pre-season because people complain about too many penalties. Unfortunately it takes a while for players to change habits, and there is always an adjustment period. The NHL needs to have the guts to ignore the whiny media.

>99% of the time yes. Last game Boston got called for delay of game with the puck hitting the glass before going out.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So when Spanky was asked about the 1 game suspension of Morrissey he said the opposing team ,the Wild , are always wishing it would be more but DOPS has a tough job . So Spanky you think Morrissey should have gotten more than a game ? Give your head a shake you big baby . :shakehead

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Just saw the Kane double cross check on Bellemare , the second of the two crosschecks was right in the face. Given the new precedent that dops set with the Morrissey neck crosscheck, Kane has to get a game. Right?

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Just saw the Kane double cross check on Bellemare , the second of the two crosschecks was right in the face. Given the new precedent that dops set with the Morrissey neck crosscheck, Kane has to get a game. Right?

To borrow a turn of phrase from one of their dads: DoPS doesn't know how to spell the word precedent.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida

I think they used the new Morrissey precedent with the Kane suspension.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->