Confirmed with Link: UPD Morrissey Suspended One Game by DOPS

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Time for Maurice to start *****ing at the refs and the media so we get more favorable refing , pretty ****en sad If you ask me . And yes i'm fired up about this , i can't believe how stupid this makes the NHL and DOPS look . :shakehead

You want to whine to the media, fine, no one cares.... but you start laying into the refs every chance you get just because... odds are it going to go the opposite way that you want.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Buff
Can carry the whole Jets dcore for 1 game he has done it numerous times.
Still this game he has Trouba.
Plus Myers we hope.

Chairot and Morrow are doing fine with their role. But
Yeah missing Morrissey will sting.

Time for Trouba to show his stuff!!!
Go Jets go
A dirtbag coach like Brodeau will tell his players to take out a d man or who know maybe he asks Foligno to use his face as a punching bag for Buff's fist to get him off the ice.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
You want to whine to the media, fine, no one cares.... but you start laying into the refs every chance you get just because... odds are it going to go the opposite way that you want.
That's why i sad it pretty f***en sad , it should never be like this but apparently it's working for sunburnt Spanky .

Reactions: Ducky10

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Couldn't the NHLPA push for some reform?

I'm sure they could, but why would they. The stars tend to get far more leeway to pull crap then all the other players, the run of the mill grinders know that there is a better chance of them having a lower number of games suspended. The dirt bags like Marchand are never hit nearly as hard as they should. There is no set standard on what repeat offenders get. You insert standards and now their is no chance of limited suspensions on second offenses or for the NHL to turn a blind eye. The chance of zero will more likely then not be taken by players with money on the line instead of better protection.

It really should be the NHL that should want this. It gives them consistency and also clearly shows external parties that they take attempts to injure seriously. How much better would the NHL look right now in the face of the concussion lawsuit if they had a minimum standard for headshots and a very punitive scale for repeat offenders. Right now they look like a joke that seems to pull stuff out of their butt and deem certain headshots acceptable and others not and imo it will cost them in the lawsuit.

Reactions: Jets 31

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Kadri
Marchand
Marchand
Marchand
Staal

It's possibly an emotional reaction.

Homer's_Revenge_List - Copy (2).png

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
I'm sure they could, but why would they. The stars tend to get far more leeway to pull crap then all the other players, the run of the mill grinders know that there is a better chance of them having a lower number of games suspended. The dirt bags like Marchand are never hit nearly as hard as they should. There is no set standard on what repeat offenders get. You insert standards and now their is no chance of limited suspensions on second offenses or for the NHL to turn a blind eye. The chance of zero will more likely then not be taken by players with money on the line instead of better protection.

It really should be the NHL that should want this. It gives them consistency and also clearly shows external parties that they take attempts to injure seriously. How much better would the NHL look right now in the face of the concussion lawsuit if they had a minimum standard for headshots and a very punitive scale for repeat offenders. Right now they look like a joke that seems to pull stuff out of their butt and deem certain headshots acceptable and others not and imo it will cost them in the lawsuit.
Fair point. I was just thinking in the context of a normal employer-union relationship.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: