Confirmed with Link: UPD Morrissey Suspended One Game by DOPS

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

4JDMdg8.gif

Last edited:

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Saw that coming. Had that nasty hit at the end of the season as well. Probably going to get a game, and he should.

The hit at the end of the season was not-at-all his fault. Haggerty stated as much when he, presumably, inquired:

(So, a major penalty that shouldn't have been awarded--guess that must have cost the Jets that game, right? :sarcasm:)

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
If he gets a suspension, there should be a lot of them coming during these playoffs. Marchand should have already had a couple.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Boudreau is a smart guy. He has the whole world talking about how they lost the game because of this. I'm afraid that he is likely to get his way, even though DOPS precedent would say no suspension.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Expected. I don't expect any more than a game. You can't do that, Morrissey. You're a medium sized guy; you don't angle your stick up when "boxing someone out". This is quite likely to make up for him not being tossed last night. If he were tossed, there probably wouldn't have been a hearing.

Also, please quit whining about other shit that doesn't get noticed. If it's sneaky enough to fly under the radar, you deal with it. Morrissey's hit was blatant. The headbutt from Nino and the headshot from Foligno weren't. Deal with it.

Sammy225

Aug 9, 2011
Probably deserves a game, our defense is going to look ugly again Friday.

Nico sent back down to the moose so it would appear that either Toby or Myers is ready to come back so that is a bit of a silver lining.... Lets just beat them without our top Dman and make a statement.

Sir Erdinger

Jul 24, 2012
Manitoba
Would I want someone that did the exact same thing to Laine suspended? You’re damn right I would. If you are a Jets fan and say you wouldn’t you are lying. You can’t go around cross checking guys in the head/neck area unchecked and without consequence. “Accident” :rolleyes: or not, the league needs to take control of things like this.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Expected. I don't expect any more than a game. You can't do that, Morrissey. You're a medium sized guy; you don't angle your stick up when "boxing someone out".

Staal moved a great deal 'immediately prior to or simultaneously with' the crosscheck.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Department of Inconsistency hard at work.

Missed penalty for sure, but there was tons of other stuff that those dip ****s should have looked at that was missed. Knee punches, pile drivers, head butts & elbows.

Either enforce or do not, not pick n choose.

Yup. Going strictly on the amount of media attention.

Reactions: Evil Little

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
hopefully just a fine. It was bad but it was just a cross check that went wrong. Heck if PK can get away with a full blown forearm shiver to the head of McKinnon and furthermore say to the media he would do it again...... then this should be swept under the rug as an accident.

Reactions: Jetshockey

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
He meant to hit him in the shoulder, if you think Morrissey's intent was to injure him, I don't know what to say.
I don't think his intent was to injure him. I do think that what he did was really irresponsible. Also i really for the life of me cannot see how he meant to hit him in the shoulder. And if he did, then i'd be really worried because he obviously has no idea where the shoulder is located in a human body.

WiscoJet

May 3, 2016
Weird that we are reassigning Niku before the hearing, would think Myers and/or Toby are back then right? Or could they just reassign Niku if Josh get's suspended?

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Might see a game. No prior history, Staal not missing time, but hit straight to the head. With the media uproar and coach whiner whining to the media, we'll likely see something.

Reactions: snowkiddin

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Would I want someone that did the exact same thing to Laine suspended? You’re damn right I would. If you are a Jets fan and say you wouldn’t you are lying. You can’t go around cross checking guys in the head/neck area unchecked and without consequence. “Accident” :rolleyes: or not, the league needs to take control of things like this.
Sure they do. But they need to do it across the board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad