Confirmed with Link: UPD Morrissey Suspended One Game by DOPS

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I'm of the same opinion on this suspension that I was when Trouba chicken winged Stone last year.

Yes it's a suspension but Jets players have been on the receiving end of plays just as bad if not worse and there's nothing. I don't think it's a conspiracy, though, I just ****ing hate the DoPS and its rampant inconsistency.

Hopefully Myers is back on Friday to offset the loss. The fact that the Jets have last change on Friday will also help deal with this. Just gotta stay disciplined and hammer the Wild in game 5.

Guessing Myers will be good to go with Niku being sent down.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm of the same opinion on this suspension that I was when Trouba chicken winged Stone last year.

Yes it's a suspension but Jets players have been on the receiving end of plays just as bad if not worse and there's nothing. I don't think it's a conspiracy, though, I just ****ing hate the DoPS and its rampant inconsistency.

Hopefully Myers is back on Friday to offset the loss. The fact that the Jets have last change on Friday will also help deal with this. Just gotta stay disciplined and hammer the Wild in game 5.

This is why there needs to be a clear set of guidelines for what is suspend-able not have a bunch of ex players deliberate in secret for hours and come up with verdicts that don't seem to be based on set criteria or supported by past decisions by the department. It is quite frankly a joke that a multi-billion dollar entity has such a clear disjointed personal conduct and discipline policy.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
This is why there needs to be a clear set of guidelines for what is suspend-able not have a bunch of ex players deliberate in secret for hours and come up with verdicts that don't seem to be based on set criteria or supported by past decisions by the department. It is quite frankly a joke that a multi-billion dollar entity has such a clear disjointed personal conduct and discipline policy.
It really is a farce. The NHL should be embarrassed.

Reactions: SLAYER and Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Time for Maurice to start bitching at the refs and the media so we get more favorable refing , pretty f***en sad If you ask me . And yes i'm fired up about this , i can't believe how stupid this makes the NHL and DOPS look . :shakehead

Reactions: Ducky10

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011

I think because the refs blew making the call on the ice he got suspended but could easily be wrong.

What I'd like to know, and never will, is if the penalty had been called on the play, would he have been suspended?

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
I think because the refs blew making the call on the ice he got suspended but could easily be wrong.

What I'd like to know, and never will, is if the penalty had been called on the play, would he have been suspended?

I would like to think so.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Buff
Can carry the whole Jets dcore for 1 game he has done it numerous times.
Still this game he has Trouba.
Plus Myers we hope.

Chairot and Morrow are doing fine with their role. But
Yeah missing Morrissey will sting.

Time for Trouba to show his stuff!!!
Go Jets go

Reactions: GNP

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
How many games did they give Hertl for smashing Kuli's face into the glass from behind so hard that he got injured and missed multipal games?

And Staal didnt miss a shift.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Ducky10

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Well if that is there criteria then Nino should have received a call for his headbut that the refs missed. I'm sure it played a part, but I'm sure the media storm played a part as well. In the end the team will just have to go and win without him on Friday.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
No, rise above.
Totally agree with this. We are up 3-1 and were very calm and cool last game. Maurice just needs to nod, stay relaxed and focused with a business as usual approach. The team has responded very well to date, no need for the coach to go on tilt and risk throwing off the team. Cherry Cheeks is in desperate measures time we are not.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Couldn't the NHLPA push for some reform?

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Well if that is there criteria then Nino should have received a call for his headbut that the refs missed. I'm sure it played a part, but I'm sure the media storm played a part as well. In the end the team will just have to go and win without him on Friday.
I think that last sentence is key and what Maurice will focus his team on. Don't play the victim card, like Boudreau has, just business as usual.

You can't replace Morrissey's talent but this team is so good sytematically and positionally that it won't have aa big an impact as it might with other teams.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad