Confirmed with Link: UPD Morrissey Suspended One Game by DOPS

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
It was the media way more than Beaudreau. Morrissey's cross-check was the most dirty thing of all time, and deserved a strong punishment, but Foligno charging from the blue line and hitting Trouba right in the head is a "good hockey play"

And I quote from Sportsnet:

I'm glad Foligno targeted a smaller player.
Don't disagree but Boudreau cried like a 5 year old who just has his candy taken away.

It was pathetic. I hope they get pummeled.

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
fair suspension.
fridays game potentially without Enstrom, Kulikov, Morissey and Myers.... and Trouba has been awful. Game 5 is going to be tougher than some in here think

Reactions: GNP

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I think we have been awake and for the most part have played very well. I think this helps keep us focused and not jump ahead of ourselves. But Maurice seems to have this team on a real even keel so I really don't think it changes anything short term.
No, I mean like another level fire on all cylinders awake.
Thx for info on Myers you guys, good to hear he may be back.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
fair suspension.
fridays game potentially without Enstrom, Kulikov, Morissey and Myers.... and Trouba has been awful. Game 5 is going to be tougher than some in here think
Haven't played a game with Enstrom or Kuli yet, so who cares. Myers has missed one, didn't matter, and Trouba hasn't been awful.

Good grief.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Jetster231

Mar 6, 2018
fair suspension.

Not with home ice it won't. Jets got this.

Niku can play. Best defenseman in the AHL this year. Myers is ready for Friday per some reports.

Reactions: Moon Man

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
DoPS

Rules? Consistency?

giphy.gif

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Suspension is reasonable and I would have wanted it if the Wild did this to Laine for example. I also think Bruce was just gaming it and using every edge. So why do I want to pin that little pork chop Spanky down on the playground and dangle spit an inch from his face?

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
So Parros is on the Department of Player Safety who was coached by Brodeau ... conflict of interest??
Kings Doughty got a BS suspension too .... hmmmm.

Reactions: folix

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Gamesmanship guys. Bruce even said it himself after game 4 about Maurice haha. No big deal. If we win this one without him our team's confidence will only grow...

Reactions: GNP
Nov 24, 2006
Meh. He deserved the 1 game, no question. Onwards we go.

Hope Myers is back, this will be tougher with as many as 4 starting D out but probably helps Mo can try for the matchups he wants and the crowd will be urging the boys to victory.

Reactions: folix

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
I'm of the same opinion on this suspension that I was when Trouba chicken winged Stone last year.

Yes it's a suspension but Jets players have been on the receiving end of plays just as bad if not worse and there's nothing. I don't think it's a conspiracy, though, I just f***ing hate the DoPS and its rampant inconsistency.

Hopefully Myers is back on Friday to offset the loss. The fact that the Jets have last change on Friday will also help deal with this. Just gotta stay disciplined and hammer the Wild in game 5.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
****, I'm fired up about this, can't imagine how the Jets feel. I mean, probably more rational but I bet they're going to come out with a point to prove.
Totally agree , If the dirty f***en hit to Trouba's head and the absolute dirty punch on Myers's knee don't get anything how can Morrissey get suspended . Morrissey should have just gotten a fine because there was no penalty even called on the play , what the f*** are the Refs doing out there , who trains these f***en refs ? And on the punch on Myers's knee , who falls face first but never looks down ? If you watch the video he is only staring at Myers's knee to make sure he punches it . How does none of this dirty shit not get the guy suspended ? Bad hit by Morrissey but this is garbage , huge slant towards the Wild . :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad