GDT: UFC 229: Khabib vs. McGregor

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
I think McGregor is a punk who goes over the line way more often than not, but Khabib quitting the UFC because Dana cuts his dumbass friend for sucker punching Connor makes him looks ridiculous.

Reactions: Dbossman

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
The one thing I have to be careful with about Chael is that he's just so convincing with how he speaks and I just end up believing everything he says regardless of if it's true or not.

"I was in Las Vegas when the Nogueira brothers first touched down in America. There was a bus, this is a true story. There was a bus that pulled up to a red light, and Little Nog tried to feed it a carrot, while Big Nog was petting it. He thought it was a horse. This really happened. He tried to feed a bus a carrot, and now you're telling me this country has computers? I didn't know that!"

Reactions: Avs_19

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think McGregor is a punk who goes over the line way more often than not, but Khabib quitting the UFC because Dana cuts his dumbass friend for sucker punching Connor makes him looks ridiculous.
Pretty sure Conor posted his retirement tweet two years ago or whatever it was for a petty, stupid reason too. I can't remember what it was exactly now, but he didn't get his way on something and tweeted that he was going to retire.

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
Doesn’t excuse Khabib. There’s nothing to respect about

I think any man who gets beaten into an apology has less to be respected about.

McGregor in my opinion, went from highly respected and even feared, to a joke once he crossed the line and took the cowards ways out.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Pretty sure Conor posted his retirement tweet two years ago or whatever it was for a petty, stupid reason too. I can't remember what it was exactly now, but he didn't get his way on something and tweeted that he was going to retire.
I forget what fight it was for, but it was because he didn't want to do as much promotion as the UFC was asking him to do. He basically said, "You want people to pay attention to the UFC? Watch this." And he was right. It was everywhere.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I just saw the video of Khabib talking to Conor while smashing him on the ground.

It’s hilarious.

“Talk...” Smash, Smash “let’s talk now” smash, smash.

:)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I just saw the video of Khabib talking to Conor while smashing him on the ground.

It’s hilarious.

“Talk...” Smash, Smash “let’s talk now” smash, smash.

:)
"why you no talk now?"

At the end of the 3rd when Conor tells him "it's just business" and Khabib is all like "HEY! Let's talk." :laugh:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

McGregor in my opinion, went from highly respected and even feared, to a joke once he crossed the line and took the cowards ways out.

He got in the cage and took his beating against one of the toughest guys in the sport. I don't really care if you like Conor or not, but he's certainly not a coward.

Reactions: NYRKING30 and LSCII

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
He got in the cage and took his beating against one of the toughest guys in the sport.

He gets respect for this for sure.

However, apologizing?

Apologize before the match. After it.

During it is a cop out move.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ

That’s great and all but you keep deflecting. I’m not talking about Connor. I’m talking about Khabib not admitting that his dumbass friend is in the wrong for sucker punching a man.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Talk shit about someone's father, that was bound to happen. McGregor is a pimple on the ass of the UFC.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
He gets respect for this for sure.

However, apologizing?

Apologize before the match. After it.

During it is a cop out move.

I said this before, but I'll restate in case you missed it. I don't believe McGregor was apologizing. I believe he was pointing out to Khabib that it was an act, and was probably surprised he had to explain it. You know, it's all part of the show and why he sells so many tickets/ppv buys. He basically ripped off Muhammad Ali's shtick and has made a fortune off it.

Reactions: NYRKING30

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Talk **** about someone's father, that was bound to happen. McGregor is a pimple on the ass of the UFC.

Who's the dumb one here? The guy who does it as part of building up the hype to sell the show and make more money, or the guy who believes it's real? :laugh:

How anyone buys into McGregor's act at this point is beyond me. It's nothing more than showmanship.

Reactions: NYRKING30

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
I believe he was pointing out to Khabib that it was an act

If the bus part is an act too, I think he needs new acting classes.

Going to jail? An act?

Part of this was personal.

He got caught up in the act, and things got too real.

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
I’m talking about Khabib not admitting that his dumbass friend is in the wrong for sucker punching a man.

Connor didn't press charges as he knew it was deserved.

He pushed his act too far and paid for it.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Conor didn't press charges because it was kind of a nothing situation. It was a big deal in MMA, not a big deal in real life.

Reactions: LSCII

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Who's the dumb one here? The guy who does it as part of building up the hype to sell the show and make more money, or the guy who believes it's real? :laugh:

How anyone buys into McGregor's act at this point is beyond me. It's nothing more than showmanship.
I'd say the dumb one is the guy who talks smack and then goes and gets his ass beat. Also, never compare Conor McGregor to Muhammad Ali ever again.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'd say the dumb one is the guy who talks smack and then goes and gets his ass beat. Also, never compare Conor McGregor to Muhammad Ali ever again.

I'll compare whomever I want with anyone I want, thank you very much. Also, reading comprehension is your friend. I didn't say he was the same as Ali. I said he ripped of his act. Big difference.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC

THANK YOU! It's almost like he's in "kayfabe" mode all the time. Anyone who's followed his career should know this. On the flip side of it, I will admit to this one being a little bit more on the side of personal compared to business especially when you look at all buildups and pressers to his previous fights.

Reactions: LSCII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad