U17: 2014 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge — Nov. 2-8

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
Does Team Québec have a shot at a medal? Is it fair to say that the 2015 draft will be a good one for us? It seems like the team's strength is its' D, which is somewhat unusual :p:

Yes they have a good shot at bronze against the Russians.
I hope pacific can make it to gold medal game. Too bad Barzel was not here.
Serious snow storm here in cape breton today. Game may be cancelled but that would really screw up the schedule.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Yes they have a good shot at bronze against the Russians.
I hope pacific can make it to gold medal game. Too bad Barzel was not here.
Serious snow storm here in cape breton today. Game may be cancelled but that would really screw up the schedule.

Cape Breton don't cancel nothin' ! :laugh:

I remember a couple Q games in the last couple years that only had 300 people due to storms. I managed to make it to one of them.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Watching the Quebec/USA game is like watching men vs boys.
Even against Ontario it was the same.
I realize that the US is an actual team but their individual skills are far superior.
Hockey Canada better wake up because if this is the future of USA hockey, everyone's in trouble.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
I realize that the US is an actual team but their individual skills are far superior.
Hockey Canada better wake up because if this is the future of USA hockey, everyone's in trouble.

I wouldn't say the skill on USA was far superior to Ontario. USA had better depth, but I think Ontario had the very top end guys(Konecny, Day)

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Not harshing on The USA. I think the rest of the guys between the two teams are very closely grouped(White, Bracco, Strome, Marner, etc)

Aaaaaand I forgot about Hanifin. I'm dumb. He's obviously at the top with those two other guys I mentioned.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Gotta check the birth certificates of some of these guys. 6'4" 200 lb+ at 16? wow Maybe it's the wheaties or something:laugh:

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
I wouldn't say the skill on USA was far superior to Ontario. USA had better depth, but I think Ontario had the very top end guys(Konecny, Day)

I think the top 2 or 3 are equal, or very close.
You're right, the US depth is phenomenal.

Though, the individual skills by the US are superior. US training is tops.

hab 4ever

Mar 9, 2002
Montréal, Québec
Visit site
The thing is the Americans are not only very talented but many of their top guys are also big and strong, especially for 16 years old.

In the first period, I thought Meloche was Québec's best player. Liked Bell on the power-play and Nicolas Roy hockey sense, back-checking, etc.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
The three teams format is a smart move for Canada. I just wonder where the interest will be in rooting for one team over the other, as they won't be regional.

arsmaster*

Keep in mind that Canada could hand pick a few guys off each team and match up quite well.

USA is amazing, but Quebec is unlucky to be down 2-0, they've created quite a bit more than I expected them to do.

I think Canada would have more talent if all their top talents were on the same team, not regional teams. Don't forget we have the top 97' playing with the U20 team.

------

It's funny watching a stream that is about 20 mins behind live. Reading these posts above then seeing what takes place is funny.

I call that skating move Bracco did on White's goal the Shinkaruk. It's so fun to watch stuff like that. So impressed with the skill on team USA.

Quebec still trying hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
interesting way of calling the games a parade of Russians to the penalty box, yet a dirtiest hit yet wasn't even called on Pacific...sounds like a played out record but I guess they want a canadian team in the finals bad this time around.

J Murda

Oct 1, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
interesting way of calling the games a parade of Russians to the penalty box, yet a dirtiest hit yet wasn't even called on Pacific...sounds like a played out record but I guess they want a canadian team in the finals bad this time around.

Maybe go back and watch the hit again. It looked to me like the d man committed to block the shot and the Russian kid tumbled right over him. Hence the non call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad