U17: 2014 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge — Nov. 2-8

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Hopefully Konecny will mature to a point where he stops trying to skate through everyone. His game would be so much better if he could figure out when to keep it simple and when to be fancy. That'll seemingly be his knock until he figures it out.

Was nice to see Day walk through the US players like it was nothing in the first haha Hanifin had some nice rushes as well, he just has to work a lot harder when he takes off

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
Hopefully Konecny will mature to a point where he stops trying to skate through everyone. His game would be so much better if he could figure out when to keep it simple and when to be fancy. That'll seemingly be his knock until he figures it out.

Was nice to see Day walk through the US players like it was nothing in the first haha Hanifin had some nice rushes as well, he just has to work a lot harder when he takes off

Yeah these two are really something special. You can see their ability when they skate. Will be interesting to see how they track going on. Colin White looks really good as well

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
The announcers pronunciation of Tkachuk's name is absolutely brutalllll. Earpiercingly bad.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Yeesh. The Americans really took over in the 3rd. 6-2 final. Some suspect D zone coverage in the last half of the 3rd. This American team is a delight to watch. Excellent team chemistry.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Auston Matthews is a personal favorite of mine. Looks like a good crop of American forwards are coming up. Thought Jordan Greenway was a standout today.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
bracko? he was noticible in the 3rd. prob heard his name the most by the commentator. greenway and kirwan also seemed a threat to score everytime they had the puck in the 3rd.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
Was really impressed with McAvoy. thought he looked really good in his defensive zone and getting the puck up the ice. Had a great break out where he made a nice escape move and then just wheeled it out of the zone. BU got alot of skill on this team...then throw eichel in...wow

arsmaster*

Kirwan is a manchild. So strong, didn't like his reaction after he scored. Get some class. Very good NHL prospect if he continues.

Not more needs to be said about Collin White. Nice to see the US team in action, absolutely dominant. Ontario did well, and will some luck, better defense, and few reffereeing decisions could have helped, but that US team has so much depth. I didn't think Ontario's bottom of the lineup was as effective as USA's.

Sean Day needs to up his give a care quotient, his skating is flawless though.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Kirwan is a manchild. So strong, didn't like his reaction after he scored. Get some class. Very good NHL prospect if he continues.

Not more needs to be said about Collin White. Nice to see the US team in action, absolutely dominant. Ontario did well, and will some luck, better defense, and few reffereeing decisions could have helped, but that US team has so much depth. I didn't think Ontario's bottom of the lineup was as effective as USA's.

He's also a 15 year old boy. 15 year old boys tend to be arrogant, self-important, quick to anger, reactionary, swaggery bags of hormones.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
He's also a 15 year old boy. 15 year old boys tend to be arrogant, self-important, quick to anger, reactionary, swaggery bags of hormones.

But ye I don't really care how he celebrated the goal, I prefer watching how he scored it. Kid has such a quick release.

Ben Blacker was pretty impressive for Ontario between the pipes. Without him, that scoreboard could have been lopsided way earlier. I'll be interested to see if he sticks with the college route > OHL.

arsmaster*

But ye I don't really care how he celebrated the goal, I prefer watching how he scored it. Kid has such a quick release.

Ben Blacker was pretty impressive for Ontario between the pipes. Without him, that scoreboard could have been lopsided way earlier. I'll be interested to see if he sticks with the college route > OHL.

Getting in an opponents face and shoving him after a goal is unclassy, I understand they are kids. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

He scored a nice goal, celebrate with your teammates. Felt the same way about the Russians this morning.

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011

Nice to watch Usa.
Two short ihanded goals to decide the game and two face off goals.
Hanifin is a very strong player and one scout told me that his strong trait is that he wants to be the difference maker.
I thought ontario looked a little spent. Not enough jump. Afew to many goalposts and cross bars when they had opportunities
The ontario defence certainly backed off enough and basically the USA defence of werenski and Hanifin and mcavoy had lots of time to gain momentum.
As teams go this Usa team is formidable and cohesive.
Well done by Granato.
No one should beat them this year.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Getting in an opponents face and shoving him after a goal is unclassy, I understand they are kids. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

He scored a nice goal, celebrate with your teammates. Felt the same way about the Russians this morning.

Big deal? What did the Ontario player say to him?

Unless you're directly involved or close enough to hear/see exactly what happened, you're making assumptions. Leave calling Americans classless to Don Cherry :sarcasm:

What worries more than a goal celebration is the bonehead penalties/plays by Konecny. I see the skill but he just does so many dumb things. He tried to body check a player by throwing his head at the guys upper body in the first period, then he looked at the ref and complained. Then he had a penalty drawn against Hanifin but then decided to grab his stick & continue to tussle after the whistle. He had another bonehead penalty later in the game, Sutter would have benched him by now :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00