U17: 2014 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge — Nov. 2-8

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
What a horrible second period by Ontario.

They've scored two goals early in the third and are now taking it to the Russian. It seems like they're destined to tie it at this point.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
What? thats Pejorative Slured. Czechs reallllly got screwed then.

Anything more than the top 2 they'd have to lengthen the tournament.
As it is now, Sunday is the travel home day for teams.

Delay that to Tuesday or Wednesday might not be feasible for some teams. Starting earlier might not be feasible either.

I'm not privy to the decisions by HC and the respective teams hockey organizations.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Russians win in the shoot out. That's huge for them as they'd have been out of medal contention otherwise. Exciting game.

Sean Day's potential is really through the roof. The way he skates just can't be overstated. I've really been impressed with Chychrun as well. He doesn't look out of place at all with the OHL'ers on Ontario's blue line. I really wish they could/would play for the US.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I thought no. 1 tie-breaker between two teams was who won the game against the other?

It is but in the event of a three way tie I believe goal differential between those teams is the deciding factor.

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm talking about a three way tie where each of those three teams had won and lost a game against one of the other two teams they were tied with in the standings. It happened in the tournament two years ago and there was looking to be some potential for it happening tonight if the Russians had won in regulation.

Last edited:

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Mitch Eberle... I mean Marner with a hell of a showing. Might not be the best skater or most skilled on the team but definitely the smartest forward on Ontario.

Day did what he does, leaves you wanting more.

Blacker came in for the 3rd and did real well. I like the way he communicates with his D-men. Very agile little goalie and way better on his angles than Timpano.

Ilya Samsonov had a hell of a game. Without his saves in the first Russia would never have been able to get up the way they did. Not to mention some of the saves he made down the stretch & his save on the line in the shootout.

Artur Tyanullin is loaded with skill. Tiny player but the creativity, vision, & shot that kid has is pretty damn good. I thought he was going to pull a Granlund behind the net when he lifted it off the ice but it rolled off his stick. I wasn't expecting to be impressed by any Russians going in but he did it.

Denis Guryanov had the dirtiest goal of the tournament so far with his 2 loose puck dekes within half a second then driving it through the goalie.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Russians win in the shoot out. That's huge for them as they'd have been out of medal contention otherwise. Exciting game.

Sean Day's potential is really through the roof. The way he skates just can't be overstated. I've really been impressed with Chychrun as well. He doesn't look out of place at all with the OHL'ers on Ontario's blue line. I really wish they could/would play for the US.

I hope they don't:p::laugh:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Still not impressed with Konecny. Strome was just ok. Marner played well obviously and cracked me up with his jawing. Day looks like he's a year or two older than everyone else instead of younger, meaning more talented/stronger but also disinterested. Samsonov looks like a very competent goaltender going forward.

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
That last rush where Day went thru almost all the Russian would have been amazing had the puck not jumped over his stick. High upside for sure.

Very exciting game.
Ontario carried the play and pushed the pace but lost the handle a few too many times.
Did not like Timpano in this game.
I wish they would give Day the green light more often.
He looks pretty exceptional to me.
Four on four gives him so much ice.
Konecy tries so hard but held on to the puck too much on solo efforts.
Russians did not deserve this game.
Russian goalie was outstanding
The bounces of hockey don't always go your way.
Beating the USA is not going to be easy.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Still not impressed with Konecny. Strome was just ok. Marner played well obviously and cracked me up with his jawing. Day looks like he's a year or two older than everyone else instead of younger, meaning more talented/stronger but also disinterested. Samsonov looks like a very competent goaltender going forward.

Every time he tries to skate through everyone by himself it makes me question his hockey IQ. He doesn't seem to learn from the half dozen times he gets his pocket picked. His speed & skill is still the best on the ice but Marner showed tonight that smarts > skill (not saying Marner isn't skilled, just that he's smarter than the couple guys that are more skilled than him)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->