Tyson Jost

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don’t think the AHL instead of NHL would have made any difference to Jost’s development. I think an extra year or two of college would have.

I’m not a big fan of the NCAA route due to the minimal amount of hockey but it’s absolutely the way to go if you need time in the weight room.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Jost being sent down is good for him. He was in a massive funk and had lost a ton of confidence. You could see it all over his face when the camera would cut to him on the bench. He looked miserable.

Best case scenario, he finds his scoring touch in the AHL, gains back his confidence going into the off season. Maybe he gets called up or maybe not, but the important thing is he gains back his confidence, hopefully improves his acceleration in the off season, then comes to camp HIGHLY motivated to prove everyone wrong.

He needs to play like a buzzsaw out there to be successful. The slow the pace down, survey the ice, and make plays approach won't work for him at this level because the pace is too high for him to play that way with his speed. He needs to be more assertive out there, and that wasn't going to happen with him questioning everything he does in this funk.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think the lesson to be learned from Jost should fall to the scouts. You need to be wary of players like Jost... smaller players without a stand out skill and who don't skate well need to be treated with caution with regards to drafting. I'm not saying don't draft any of them because there are examples out there of players who end up succeeding, but be cautious and don't select them high. IE don't select Newhook in the 1st! 2nd by all means select him.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
I think the lesson to be learned from Jost should fall to the scouts. You need to be wary of players like Jost... smaller players without a stand out skill and who don't skate well need to be treated with caution with regards to drafting. I'm not saying don't draft any of them because there are examples out there of players who end up succeeding, but be cautious and don't select them high. IE don't select Newhook in the 1st! 2nd by all means select him.
Now that's a great lesson, thanks!

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Considering where they've played him and the amount of time they've given him, they have to see him as a top 6 to 8 forward on our club for the future.

I am probably no doubt reaching for that comment, but such a weird time to do it now. Lets ask a "what-if" scenario...would Avs have sent him down if he was producing at the same rate and looking as terrible as he has if Avs were winning games and were second in the division?

Haha had the same thought when I seen it, and posted it in the other thread.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
FTR I think this is too little, too late but at least they finally acknowledged that his game was not only not progressing, it was regressing a bit to the point where he was completely ineffective.

This might be one last-ditch effort to fix what ails Jost. If they don't see a noticeable pickup in his game at the AHL level the clock will officially start ticking.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
FTR I think this is too little, too late but at least they finally acknowledged that his game was not only not progressing, it was regressing a bit to the point where he was completely ineffective.

This might be one last-ditch effort to fix what ails Jost. If they don't see a noticeable pickup in his game at the AHL level the clock will officially start ticking.

I don't think the Avs have developed gene therapy yet, so all hope is lost.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The real loser in all this is Tyson’s bank account.

Jost will go from clearing over $20,000 every two weeks to clearing around $2000 every two weeks.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The real loser in all this is Tyson’s bank account.

Jost will go from clearing over $20,000 every two weeks to clearing around $2000 every two weeks.

Hope he saved his money while being over paid. I'm sure Compher and Kerfoot will still let him live with them though.

I bet in three years or so Jost is an HF poster telling us about his team sources.

Reactions: missionAvs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad