Tyson Jost

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Just for the record I'm a huge supporter of him and I liked the pick.

But, he hasn't developed as we hoped. I think we messed up his development by rushing him into the league after North Dakota instead of having him spend a year in the AHL. We brought him up and put too much on his table and it hasn't worked. He hasnt had the veteran leadership to learn from either which I think is a big problem.

Jost being demoted to the 4th line and getting 10-11 minutes a night is not helping his development.

So all that said, I would not be opposed to seeing if we can get a cost controlled top 6 forward for him. I think this team is ready to contend now.

I'd be calling Toronto and see if a deal can be made.

Jost and maybe our 1st and an add for William Nylander. We have the money and a spot for him. I think he is perfect for what we need.

Andrighetto - Nylander - Wilson

That's a nice looking 2nd line. Then Kaut can slot into the right side next year if he is ready.

Thoughts?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'm not ready to give up on Jost via trade yet, but he has been very disappointing so far this year. Very underwhelming offensively.

If things dont change by January I wouldn't be against using him as a piece to bring someone else in. Especially if Kerfoot and Compher keep playing at the levels they were this year.

Something like Jost + our 1st for a signed Stone in January could be good for both teams. I'd roll lines looking like this:

Landy - Mack - Rants
JTC - Soda - Stone
Sven - Kerf - Wilson
Nieto - Kamenev - Calvert
Bourque

Reactions: McMetal

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I know this is the easy answer but we should at least be seeing some flashes. He’s got 13 even strength points in 73 games and he’s been relatively sheltered. I just don’t see a ton of offensive upside. He struggles to get separation to get decent chances.

The one thing I’ll say is I think he looks real good defensively this year.

Reactions: MarkT

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Again, I'm not dumping on him but he may be a piece that we can use to add a better top 6 forward.

Lacroix used to trade players like him all the time to add guys like Blake, Bourque, Fleury and such.

I'd definatley be calling Ottawa and Tor to see if we can get Stone or Nylander. Either of those guys would instantly make us a contender.

And its not like we don't have young forwards ready to come up. Kaut, Kamanev, Bowers, Ranta, Shvyrev.

Last edited:

Avs44

May 16, 2011
He rather clearly should be on the wing. And if he is used as a trade asset, which I'm not opposed to, it should be for a quality #2 centre, not a winger. The Avs have a really massive gap there, and getting a quality centre is never easy.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I think his issue is still strength which I'd hoped he'd fixed over the summer.

Anyways, he isn't good enough to bring back a top six winger player at the moment. Sakic really missed out earlier when guys like Kane, Pacioretty, Hoffman, Skinner, Neal, etc. were available. Maybe Mark Stone will be now but it'd probably require a bit of an overpayment I think.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Anyways, he isn't good enough to bring back a top six winger player at the moment. Sakic really missed out earlier when guys like Kane, Pacioretty, Hoffman, Skinner, Neal, etc. were available. Maybe Mark Stone will be now but it'd probably require a bit of an overpayment I think.

I still think it's his skating. He just can't keep up at C. He can only really focus on one aspect of the game, and clearly he's focusing on the defensive side. And he's been fine defensively, but a literal blackhole offensively.

Reactions: cgf and Foppberg

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka

I'd seriously take a hard pass at most of those dudes, though. Maybe not Patches.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
He has been very disappointing this season, you have to admit that. It's still early in his career but it's fair to say he isn't taking any steps forward yet either.

Reactions: MarkT

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Its still too early in the season. I wouldn't mind giving him a shot on the wings though, next to Soderberg.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I said it at the time and I stand by it, Jost was rushed into the NHL too early.

And I agree with others that he should be a winger, he just suits that role much better.

Not writing him off just yet though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad