Tyson Jost

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Damn... didn't think that would happen. Now they should let him stay there for a good 15-20 games at very minimum to get into a groove. Only bring him up after if he is lighting the AHL up, otherwise finish the season there.
I don't expect him to light the AHL up, but hopefully he can make some improvements.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Probably won't see much improvement until he's had an off-season to work on his speed. That's hard to improve in season.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
My predictions before the season were that Jost and Kamenev will be busts and we will miss the playoffs by about twenty points. So everything is going like expected.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
My predictions before the season were that Jost and Kamenev will be busts and we will miss the playoffs by about twenty points. So everything is going like expected.
giphy.webp

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Damn... didn't think that would happen. Now they should let him stay there for a good 15-20 games at very minimum to get into a groove. Only bring him up after if he is lighting the AHL up, otherwise finish the season there.
I wonder if Sakic is perhaps slightly giving up on the season at this point? Not that Jost being in the NHL makes a difference, but considering how Avs view him internally.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I wonder if Sakic is perhaps slightly giving up on the season at this point? Not that Jost being in the NHL makes a difference, but considering how Avs view him internally.
Has anything suggested that how the Avs viewed him internally is how he should be viewed? Probably just finally came around.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

I don't think much can be determined on that, but I think they have admitted a mistake here and are trying to correct it. Now we will see if they end up learning from that mistake long-term.

Reactions: cgf

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Has anything suggested that how the Avs viewed him internally is how he should be viewed? Probably just finally came around.
Considering where they've played him and the amount of time they've given him, they have to see him as a top 6 to 8 forward on our club for the future.

I am probably no doubt reaching for that comment, but such a weird time to do it now. Lets ask a "what-if" scenario...would Avs have sent him down if he was producing at the same rate and looking as terrible as he has if Avs were winning games and were second in the division?

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Frobbo

Feb 21, 2008
This is the best option with Jost. He isn't an NHLer right now and with some of the hits he is taking I worry. He is SO EASILY knocked off the puck, its hard to imagine how he will ever be very effective. I don't buy the AHL move as blowing his confidence, he has none now. I agree with people who said leave him there long enough to develop whatever game he has. There isn't a short term solution for him.

Reactions: klozge

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Only about, ooh, 18 months too late

You'd think an organisation that had Mikhail Grigorenko in it would have had a better idea of how to handle someone in this position but apparently not

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Considering where they've played him and the amount of time they've given him, they have to see him as a top 6 to 8 forward on our club for the future.

I am probably no doubt reaching for that comment, but such a weird time to do it now. Lets ask a "what-if" scenario...would Avs have sent him down if he was producing at the same rate and looking as terrible as he has if Avs were winning games and were second in the division?
They played him all over the lineup. Of course they wanted him to be a top-6 forward, everyone did. That's where he's been projected all along. But I get where you're coming from.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
They played him all over the lineup. Of course they wanted him to be a top-6 forward, everyone did. That's where he's been projected all along. But I get where you're coming from.
That's where if I think the situation was different, such as winning games to the point we were 2nd in the division, he would still be with the parent club. My two cents.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
That's where if I think the situation was different, such as winning games to the point we were 2nd in the division, he would still be with the parent club. My two cents.
Sure. Those players like Jost who can't really get a grip tend to hang around better when the team's winning. Of course, if the team was playing better, Jost would probably be doing something worthwhile too. At least some of the time.

Reactions: S E P H

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->