Player Discussion Mason Lohrei

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I thought he was solid last night.

I definitely worry at times about his decision making, but I worry about that with the other 7 defensemen as well at times.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I love that he just dusts himself off after getting lit up at the redline(2nd period, IIRC) and just goes back to work.
Needs his giraffe body to mature and get stronger, but I don't think he is easily intimidated.
yep, I definitely voiced my concerns about pushing a kid into playoff action, he`s going to make mistakes but this kid has amnesia it appears

MartyLapointe20

Dec 20, 2023
Great sign to step up like that in a Game 7. Very confident play tonight. Lot of offensive upside with this kid - him and Hampus were our 2 best offensive defenseman in my opinion.

Reactions: zaYG and Alan Ryan

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Lohrei-McAvoy for the next decade will get several thousands worth of dollars out of me

What a stud. Played with confidence and poise all night and since he was slotted in. He won't sit another game again.
I have said many times this season that he might not be ready for the playoffs, because he is prone to mistakes not a good ingredient for playoffs, he is not making those mistakes now and I am glad he showed me up, I also said he was highly skilled but not ready yet, he is ready. I say keep him in there along with some of the younger players like Beecher and get that playoff experience.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
I have said many times this season that he might not be ready for the playoffs, because he is prone to mistakes not a good ingredient for playoffs, he is not making those mistakes now and I am glad he showed me up, I also said he was highly skilled but not ready yet, he is ready. I say keep him in there along with some of the younger players like Beecher and get that playoff experience.
By the end of the year it really seemed he was a complete player besides the stupid mistakes. Last night was an example of Lohrei without mistakes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad