Tyson Barrie Discussion

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
So how many points do you think hes gonna get this year? He got a good start yesterday.

And then ask yourself how big of a contract will a defender with those points will demand?

So his ask was 8 so DUBAS is gonna work him down to 7.5? Lol

The gm, who is notorious for over paying, is going to get barrie to lower his ask?

Rofl where do people get these ideas?

kb

Aug 28, 2009
The gm, who is notorious for over paying, is going to get barrie to lower his ask?

Rofl where do people get these ideas?
He's overpaid every single player?

This board gets dimmer daily.

Last edited:

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
He's overpaid every single player.

This board gets dimmer daily.

Nylander by 600k
Marner by 2mil
Matthew's by 1.4 mil
= 4 mil right there

KK and AJ are on decent contracts but not steals by any means.

His contract negotiations are poor. It's basically accepted as a fact except for select leaf fans.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Nylander by 600k
Marner by 2mil
Matthew's by 1.4 mil
= 4 mil right there

His contract negotiations are poor. It's basically accepted as a fact except for select leaf fans.
so why can't he get Barrie on a decent deal like he did with Tavares, Kapanen, Moore, Johnsson, Kerfoot, or Spezza? Why do the random amounts he supposedly overpaid by you pulled out of your ass carry any weight?

horner

May 22, 2007
Puck moving D are always a need. You currently have 2 elite ones on different pairings. To match up with our 2 elite first lines.

When everyone is healthy, the third line is Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Kapanen, and the third pairing is Sandin-Dermott.

Why would any team break that up for draft picks? C'mon..... seriously?
Yes I agree .
Strange thinking.
We know have our best d in years.
Finally a right that looks really good.

Reactions: kb

horner

May 22, 2007
Add kappy's cap hit as he will be traded as well

Kapanen's
We have Moore to replace him

AJ's replacement
Mikheyev is only going to get better this yr.

Its time to look after our d

Our core is locked up

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Feel free to check the historical comparables.

Worst case we have 10-13 million to spend on 2 d.
With about 10 going into ufa.

There are worse thing s

Yes, I guess I'm the only one also worried what our situation will be when Morgan rielly needs a new deal but yes your right.

Dermott is also up, sandin probably, etc...

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Nylander by 600k
Marner by 2mil
Matthew's by 1.4 mil
= 4 mil right there

Do you ever say anything positive about Toronto? I honestly don't even think you're a leafs fan.

And Dubas only has two minor overpays. Matthews and Marner. By a total of 2-2.5 million.

Reactions: stickty111

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Nylander by 600k
Marner by 2mil
Matthew's by 1.4 mil

= 4 mil right there

Do you have a source for this or are you just foaming at the mouth?

Reactions: bax

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Do you have a source for this or are you just foaming at the mouth?

Those numbers are pretty unanimous. Most experts and fans around the league all say dubas overpaid his rfas.

Its select leaf fand who try and cherry pick /60 stats to try and validate the crazy money. Not surprising that some leaf fans will defend dubas' every move.

so why can't he get Barrie on a decent deal like he did with Tavares, Kapanen, Moore, Johnsson, Kerfoot, or Spezza? Why do the random amounts he supposedly overpaid by you pulled out of your ass carry any weight?

Barrie will either get 8 mil or go to another team. He has no reason to take less and dubas has not shown to be good enough at negotiating to make me believe he will succeed.

All the players you mentioned are either rfa or are from Toronto,minus kerfoot who isnt even on that great of a deal.

You can believe what you want. As I said above, it is widely accepted that dubas overpaid all 3 of the amigos. Its only some leaf fans who say otherwise. Shocker, I know.

Do you ever say anything positive about Toronto? I honestly don't even think you're a leafs fan.

And Dubas only has two minor overpays. Matthews and Marner. By a total of 2-2.5 million.

Um yes? Just because I dont think everything is sunshine and daisy's doesnt make me any less of a fan. Maybe if more fans acting like me, we wouldn't have been trash for the last 50+ years. The team knows that no matter what the fans will still fill the arena and buy the merch.

Classic move though. Someone disagrees with dubas and they are suddenly not a fan of the leafs. As has been mentioned before, we are the Toronto maple leafs, not the Kyle dubas'.

Matthew's is not 1.6 mil and 3 years shorter term better then eichel. Nor is he worth 0.9m less then McDavid on a 3 year shorter term. The fact you guys have to go back 10 years to try and find comparables is hilarious.

Marner is severely overpaid. He is not worth that much more than aho, point, rants, etc.

Nylander is not overpaid by as much but dubas made it look worse by making sure willy still got 7 mil, even after holding out for 2 months.

If you guys honestly think dubas has done a good job with the negoitians, then I dont think there is anything I can say to change your minds. It is what it is.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
....Barrie is much better than Gardiner
Agreed but Leafs have a hard CAP for their defenders ... until Rielly gets his next deal they will not pay ANYONE over 5M AAV. It is their internal CAP. If Barrie wants to play here under 5M short or long term great if not see ya later baby.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Those numbers are pretty unanimous. Most experts and fans around the league all say dubas overpaid his rfas.

According to you, Dubas overpaid the big 3 by 4 million in total. If you think that most people agree on that then you sir, are very far removed from reality.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Agreed but Leafs have a hard CAP for their defenders ... until Rielly gets his next deal they will not pay ANYONE over 5M AAV. It is their internal CAP. If Barrie wants to play here under 5M short or long term great if not see ya later baby.
There is no internal cap. They can say goodbye to any remotely good Dman if that's the case.

Which would be monumentally stupid on their part when the time to win is now.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Aintboutdatlyfe

Oct 21, 2017
Honestly if we just offered Barrie the 8x8 right now I wouldn't hate it. Makings of a big season coming in and with term that's something we can fit in. Lose Muzzin though but giving Muzzin a big contract as his age is a bad decision cap space or not.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
There is no internal cap. They can say goodbye to any remotely good Dman if that's the case.

Which would be monumentally stupid on their part when the time to win is now.
Of course publicly there is no CAP for their dmen. But like I said talk to Jake and you might here another story. But no worries Jake is staying. Not sure of deal but I think you'll hear from Leafs on it.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Of course publicly there is no CAP for their dmen. But like I said talk to Jake and you might here another story. But no worries Jake is staying. Not sure of deal but I think you'll hear from Leafs on it.
I like Jake, v2. Big guy who is very underrated with the puck.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

Do you think muzzin signs for under 5....

Also the leafs were in on PK this year. How much salary would they have retained?

I just don’t see how this makes sense. If you could add a Josi/pie for 8. Or a Seth Jones. The leafs won’t do it?

MLSE

Jan 30, 2004
Windsor, Ontario
Nylander by 600k
Marner by 2mil
Matthew's by 1.4 mil
= 4 mil right there

Nope nope, nooooope. WRONG, wrong, i have the real numbers here:

Nylander underpaid by 500k
Marner overpaid by 900k
Matthew's fair
= 400k right there

*Data obtained from my noggin. I b smartz. Math wizard. Ultimate capologist.

Reactions: bax and kb

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Nylander by 600k
Marner by 2mil
Matthew's by 1.4 mil
= 4 mil right there

These over payment numbers are just projections,yes? Because this is the first of playing under those contracts! Maybe best to see how they finish the regular season...if points are your measuring stick ,perhaps you can put a value on how many points these players would need to appease said over-payments.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
I’d pretty much agree our 3 youngsters are overpaid by about 3M or so. And I’d split it up like this:

Nylander: 500k
Matthews: I don’t think he’s overpaid but for 5 years I would’ve liked 11M. Who gives a ****
Marner: 2M

It just bad because Marner knew what we had. If he signed for 9x6 we wouldn’t hear anything about anyone’s caphit. Too bad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad