Tyson Barrie Discussion

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
That's where I would gladly trade a pietriangelo for muzzin, Barrie and ceci...not sure what his demands would be but I doubt and hopeful it's not what barrie is talking.

A rielly pietriangelo duo would be the best top pairing in the league and that's where Dermonts and sandins and hopefully lilejgrin come in.

Again we can replace points but hard to get those good defenders.

Anything over 7 for alex and we gotta find another option

I'm not saying it's going to happen, it's just my preference and I didn't think it's totally idiotic but "some" might say so

It’s a pretty bad take.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'd rather have Gardiner than Marincin or Holl. I don't see one better Dman on the Marlies this year or in the next few who make Barrie expendable.

Please remember that rookies who look good in the A may take 3 years to be dependable at the NHL level.

I'm done, you have an NHL 20 mentality with no real explanation on how Barrie will be replaced this season when most definitely it is a cup window season.

My friend
If you say this team is a cup contender then just subtract Barrie and add demott. Or something can also come back on the trade to play bottom pairing, or sign a vet...were not winning or losing the cup based on our #6 D

kb

Aug 28, 2009
That's where I would gladly trade a pietriangelo for muzzin, Barrie and ceci...not sure what his demands would be but I doubt and hopeful it's not what barrie is talking.

A rielly pietriangelo duo would be the best top pairing in the league and that's where Dermonts and sandins and hopefully lilejgrin come in.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, it's just my preference and I didn't think it's totally idiotic but "some" might say so
St Louis won't be trading AP unless they are going to miss the playoffs.

How badly will the Leafs have to fit their roster for a rental......when they already have a rental.....free and clear on their team today?

I'd love AP, but the acquisition cost plus the cap hit would take a huge chunk out of the Leafs. Barrie will command less, and he's already on the team

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I'd rather have Gardiner than Marincin or Holl. I don't see one better Dman on the Marlies this year or in the next few who make Barrie expendable.

Please remember that rookies who look good in the A may take 3 years to be dependable at the NHL level.

I'm done, you have an NHL 20 mentality with no real explanation on how Barrie will be replaced this season when most definitely it is a cup window season.
Claims we can't lose Barrie for nothing as he might walk at the end of the season.

Also claims we should get Petrangelo who might also walk at the end of the season.

The contradiction is fun.

Reactions: kb

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

I mean, we could trade Marner for McDavid in a fantasy world too. But fantasy isn't reality...

S0, you want Pietrangelo, because he's better than Muzzin, Barrie and Ceci..... But then, you hope he doesn't demand more money than the inferior player. Folks, you can't make this stuff up.

Yup, let's trade away Barrie, throw away a year in the playoffs... in the hope that we can get Pietrangelo, who would gladly accept a low ball contract from the Mighty Leafs.

And you think he ""might"" sign for less than seven million.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

Reactions: kb and stickty111

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Claims we can't lose Barrie for nothing as he might walk at the end of the season.

Also claims we should get Petrangelo who might also walk at the end of the season.

Get 1 thing straight....forget pietriangelo

BARRIE WILL NOT BE A LEAF NEXT YEAR so pick if he walks or we get something awesome for him at deadline...there's no IF'S here

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
So lets see we trade Barrie, and our defence is what then?
Rielly
Muzzin
Ceci
Dermott
Sandin
Lilly?

If you want to have a 4th straight first round exit, then sure lets use that defence.

kb

Aug 28, 2009

Exactly. The asset cost to acquire AP would be prohibitive.... because they won't move him unless they are out of the playoff picture. At that point, the cost and suitor list is ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as trying to pry a team's captain and best player while they are in the cup hunt.

I'm trying to be nice about it. Hell, in a vacuum, I would love AP.

But it isn't a vacuum.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

BARRIE WILL NOT BE A LEAF NEXT YEAR so pick if he walks or we get something awesome for him at deadline...there's no IF'S here
Good idea, Tampa should trade away Kucherov, Stamkos, and Hedman too if they in a free agency year.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I mean, we could trade Marner for McDavid in a fantasy world too. But fantasy isn't reality...

S0, you want Pietrangelo, because he's better than Muzzin, Barrie and Ceci..... But then, you hope he doesn't demand more money than the inferior player. Folks, you can't make this stuff up.

Yup, let's trade away Barrie, throw away a year in the playoffs... in the hope that we can get Pietrangelo, who would gladly accept a low ball contract from the Mighty Leafs.

And you think he ""might"" sign for less than seven million.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

You guys can read my comments however you want to make yourselves feel better

All I said was Barrie's return at deadline is gonna be awesome based on his numbers and you all want to ignore that.

I also said go for pietriangelo if you can at a Max of 7M or find another cheaper option. I never said he will get 7 but that's what the leafs can probably do so up to him if he wants to jump board because I find hard to believe, specially based on Faulk trade and contract that hes staying in st Louis but who knows

Reactions: Kurtz

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

If Friedman is to be believed and they are discussing and 84.5 cap. Trading AJ would leave 13.5 for 2d

Plenty of room for one of Josi or pie. And a cheaper option

Or both Barrie And muzzin.

Its almost like they planned for this

Reactions: stickty111 and kb

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Exactly. The asset cost to acquire AP would be prohibitive.... because they won't move him unless they are out of the playoff picture. At that point, the cost and suitor list is ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as trying to pry a team's captain and best player while they are in the cup hunt.

I'm trying to be nice about it. Hell, in a vacuum, I would love AP.

But it isn't a vacuum.
I would love Petrangelo, but Blues aren't accepting Barrie for him, and Petrangelo would wreck our cap situation.
I don't get it honestly, if this is about not losing a player for nothing, why are we looking for Petrangelo.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
If the Blues are trading Pietrangelo, it's for players with long term upside, not a pending UFA in Tyson Barrie.

Furthermore, even if that is a deal they wanted to do, it doesn't work from a cap perspective.

Pretty much the only thing the Leafs could do is trade Cody Ceci (assuming the Blues were to retain a chunk of Peitro's salary to get the cap hits matching)... then figure what they'd want in order to justify trading Pietrangelo without getting a #1 pick this year.

At the very least, it's gonna cost a Kapanen or Johnsson, and the price wouldn't stop there.

That being said... going into the playoffs this year with Rielly-Pietrangelo, Muzzin-Barrie as the top 4 would be absolutely ridiculous.

Reactions: stickty111 and kb

kb

Aug 28, 2009

Why won't Barrie be a Leaf next year?

Please understand that the reasons you use for Barrie are the exact same reasons AP won't be.

But here's the thing. The Leafs have him now and could sign him at any point.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Please understand that the reasons you use for Barrie are the exact same reasons AP won't be.

Does that poster not realize Barrie would be cheaper then Petro? Thats the funny part.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
If Friedman is to be believed and they are discussing and 84.5 cap. Trading AJ would leave 13.5 for 2d

Plenty of room for one of Josi or pie. And a cheaper option

Or both Barrie And muzzin.

Its almost like they planned for this
Kinda like they did plan for this.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Well rumour of INITIAL 8Mx8 contract he wants. He is very good and on this team will get ALLOT of points this year which makes his return at 2.5M cap hit huge at deadline but hes asking 8 and then rielly will get more then him in 3 years were done. Rielly is allot better then Barrie in terms of over all and if leafs need to invest money on defence I think is has to go to good defending reliable defenders, offensive guys with our forwards aren't a huge need

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
You guys can read my comments however you want to make yourselves feel better

All I said was Barrie's return at deadline is gonna be awesome based on his numbers and you all want to ignore that.

I also said go for pietriangelo if you can at a Max of 7M or find another cheaper option. I never said he will get 7 but that's what the leafs can probably do so up to him if he wants to jump board because I find hard to believe, specially based on Faulk trade and contract that hes staying in st Louis but who knows

The returns on Matthews and Tavares would be great too. Nobody is ignoring that you can trade assets, and obtain great futures.

EVERYBODY, is saying that Cup contention teams, don't trade away very important players, for futures, during that Cap Run. THIS IS THE YEAR.

The Leafs can do well above 7 mil, if you don't understand the how, or why... well, that's one of the first problems right there.

The word is Especially.... there is no such word as specially... That's the second problem right there.

This is an insane plan, to move key players, when the team is best poised to go for the Cup... No team does that... hey, we get some magical future beans, but we are going to forgo a Cup run. NEVER WILL HAPPEN... EVER.

This whole premise is flawed, but the two problems above, identify Problem three, you can figure that out... or not.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
8F8E3994-B7F3-420F-A385-50730822CAB9.png

This fits under an 84.5 cap. Just an example. I’m not necessarily sold on those 2 d.

There are tons of options.

From looking at this the biggest thing is to hold Sandin back.

We can’t have Sandin lilly Rielly all coming up in the same year

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The returns on Matthews and Tavares would be great too. Nobody is ignoring that you can trade assets, and obtain great futures.

EVERYBODY, is saying that Cup contention teams, don't trade away very important players, for futures, during that Cap Run. THIS IS THE YEAR.

The Leafs can do well above 7 mil, if you don't understand the how, or why... well, that's one of the first problems right there.

The word is Especially.... there is no such word as specially... That's the second problem right there.

This is an insane plan, to move key players, when the team is best poised to go for the Cup... No team does that... hey, we get some magical future beans, but we are going to forgo a Cup run. NEVER WILL HAPPEN... EVER.

This whole premise is flawed, but the two problems above, identify Problem three, you can figure that out... or not.

Oh but I do understand hence why I'd love for a push for pietriangelo.
I understand that everyone is on the band wagon for THIS YEAR but I hate that. I thought the plan was to create a consistent contender which is what I'm looking at in my idea. I dont want to push again this year and if we fall flat again we are back to the beginning next year with our defence

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad