Tyson Barrie Discussion

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
There were rumors that the Canucks were trying to acquire Barrie but it didn't go through because once they broguht on J.T Miller they didn't have the cap space.
In hindsight, this was a good decision because Quinn Hughes is bringing a lot of what a player like Barrie would bring and already has 11 points in 14 games.
Also, JT Miller is working out well also with 16 points in 15 games.
However, I could still see the Canucks targeting Barrie next off-season. They'll have more money available than they did last year, Barrie is from Vancouver too.

Any idea how much he wants ?? has there been any rumors / leaks?

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
There were rumors that the Canucks were trying to acquire Barrie but it didn't go through because once they broguht on J.T Miller they didn't have the cap space.
In hindsight, this was a good decision because Quinn Hughes is bringing a lot of what a player like Barrie would bring and already has 11 points in 14 games.
However, I could still see the Canucks targeting Barrie next off-season. They'll have more money available than they did last year, Barrie is from Vancouver too.

there was a report his agent was looking for 8m per on a long term deal

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Depends on the Team, Dubas Dollars vs US Dollars.

Reactions: DarkKnight

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Sad to say, but Rielly has played the worst so far of the top 4.
I can't see how you really can say that. From what I've seen it would go Muzzy, Rielly, Ceci and bringing up the rear rear Barrie. and I would put Holl between Rielly and Ceci too.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Plays like a 4m player. Probably why Colorado parted ways with him so easily.
The way he is playing now NO one will even give him 4M. Bottom line he will linger out there like Gards. At least Gards made a few things happen offensively when he was not screwing up defensively. He better get things sorted out here pretty quick. If he continues on like this it will be his last NHL season.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
The way he is playing now NO one will even give him 4M. Bottom line he will linger out there like Gards. At least Gards made a few things happen offensively when he was not screwing up defensively. He better get things sorted out here pretty quick. If he continues on like this it will be his last NHL season.

Barrie? Nah, someone will always give it a go because the past. Even Ceci, someone will give it a shot.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Barrie? Nah, someone will always give it a go because the past. Even Ceci, someone will give it a shot.
You are probably right he would get 1 more shot on a 1 year deal with another team because there will be some team who thinks the Leafs screwed up Barrie ... and maybe its true

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I don't even care he's bad defensively, but it would be nice if his offense didn't completely disappear. You're allowed to have weaknesses as long as you contribute something, and so far he hasn't been

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I can't see how you really can say that. From what I've seen it would go Muzzy, Rielly, Ceci and bringing up the rear rear Barrie. and I would put Holl between Rielly and Ceci too.
In all fairness, that post was a month ago. lol

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
Barrie needs to just be set free and activated to join the rush and touch the puck more like he did Colorado. Not sure if it is a confidence thing, or a coaching decision, but if he's playing with Muzzin especially, just let him run wild. He's not built to play defense anyways, so why limit his offensive impact?

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
Surprised how poorly he's been at moving the puck. Maybe it's our system, but he looks lost out there.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
He’s been kind of like this thus far this year

upload_2019-11-7_15-48-16.jpeg

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
Dman never seem to transition to other teams seamlessly im sure hes got be frustrated as anyone. Cant remember many stand out plays other than his toe drag and that spin move to set up Miky at the start of the year

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Barrie looks like one of those one dimensional defensemen from a bad team that all of a sudden doesn’t look so good out of his natural habitat. Kind of like a Keith Yandle.

Reactions: IPS and Duffman955

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Barrie needs to just be set free and activated to join the rush and touch the puck more like he did Colorado. Not sure if it is a confidence thing, or a coaching decision, but if he's playing with Muzzin especially, just let him run wild. He's not built to play defense anyways, so why limit his offensive impact?

I don't think the Leafs coaching are telling him to limit the jumping into the rushes...

Dermott has done more jumping into the rush in his 4? games back than Barrie has done all season. Ceci, Rielly, Muzzin will all do it too.

Barrie does look lost though, hopefully he can figure it out.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Time to move him. Whatever success they have had so far this year has nothing to do with him. He needs a reset and they don't need to wait until the TDL to give it to him.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Surprised how poorly he's been at moving the puck. Maybe it's our system, but he looks lost out there.
His true value is skating the puck up the ice. and then joining the rush too. He is ok at outlet passes but it is not his strongest asset which is his skating and puck handling.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I don't think the Leafs coaching are telling him to limit the jumping into the rushes...

Dermott has done more jumping into the rush in his 4? games back than Barrie has done all season. Ceci, Rielly, Muzzin will all do it too.

Barrie does look lost though, hopefully he can figure it out.
I am still undecided on this issue. Something is not right. But last night he wheeled puck up ice at full speed and then he hit centre ice in full control of puck and all of a sudden he hesitates for no good reason and dumps puck in corner. What da f*ck was that??????????

Reactions: MyBudJT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->