Tyson Barrie Discussion

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
If dumb dumb doesn't trade both
Barrie and Ceci at the deadline then he is really ****ing dumb .

We will need assets for a top 4 young right dman

Trade for Hainsey at the deadline ( 3 Rd Rd pk or prospect )

Bring up Ljiligren or Sandin
Do you realize it takes another GM to WANT the players you would like Dubas to trade?

I can see another GM wanting Barrie, however, Ceci might not be that wanted around the league, especially because he has apparently failed as a decent D according to 2 fan bases.

The more we bash our players doesn't mean there is an increased disire for other teams to trade for them.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
I agree with you
Muzzin and Holl have been great
Jake is showing Holl how to be a tough dman
Shutdown pair this yr and next yr

I would trade Barrie and Ceci ( eat 1 mil )

Trade for Hainsey ( 3 Rd or prospect )

Rielly Hainsey
Muzzin Holl
Dermot Ljiligren

I think our d would be better

Oh, you don't know about my stance on Hainsey :laugh:

I think he's been terrible last year and this year. He was good the year before that though.

For example in today's Ottawa game, so many zone-exits by him were just flipping the puck out of the zone or banking it off the boards and out. He would do terrible in Keefe's system.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Yes that pairing doesn’t work, a top pair that’s sheltered is strange. Also our face off win percentage is masking possession.

Its not Kerfoots fault on that. I think last i checked he was 46 % or something on faceoffs.

What a bad trade for us,us getting two players Colorado wanted to move out. These guys are a headache more than kadri was in 9 years.

horner

May 22, 2007
Do you realize it takes another GM to WANT the players you would like Dubas to trade?

I can see another GM wanting Barrie, however, Ceci might not be that wanted around the league, especially because he has apparently failed as a decent D according to 2 fan bases.

The more we bash our players doesn't mean there is an increased disire for other teams to trade for them.
I don't think GMs care about our opinion on hfboards .
Ceci - eat 1.5 mil
At 3 mil he can be traded and he is a right shot dman.
He is a good 3 rd pairing dman

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

I think he's been terrible last year and this year. He was good the year before that though.

For example in today's Ottawa game, so many zone-exits by him were just flipping the puck out of the zone or banking it off the boards and out. He would do terrible in Keefe's system.

Hainsey has not been good this year, his age is showing

horner

May 22, 2007

Morgan looked pretty good with him last yr
Maybe he allowed Rielly to do his thing
As long as he is good in the dzone.

How is Barrie and Rielly making out mmmmm not so good

Till the end of the season it can't be any worse

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Its not Kerfoots fault on that. I think last i checked he was 46 % or something on faceoffs.

What a bad trade for us,us getting two players Colorado wanted to move out. These guys are a headache more than kadri was in 9 years.
The top pairing is usually out with a Matthews and JT.

Trade doesn’t look good if Barrie walks, a one year rental and an okay third liner.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Dude come'on you say you're watching the games closely but you haven't realized Muzzin-Holl are our top-pairing under Keefe?

Against Colorodo? Who faced MacKinnon? Muzzin-Holl
Against Calgary? Who faced Monahan/Gaudreau? Muzzin-Holl
Etc

Just like in San Jose before Karlsson came: Burns always played 25 mins a night, but it was always Vlasic-Braun that were the shutdown pairing. Burns would eat up all other minutes, just like Rielly/Barrie are doing now with the shutdown pair Muzzin-Holl.

Keep the D-pairings together as they've been fantastic so far. Makes zero sense to change them
Face palm.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I don't think GMs care about our opinion on hfboards .
Ceci - eat 1.5 mil
At 3 mil he can be traded and he is a right shot dman.
He is a good 3 rd pairing dman
Exactly, then Dubas will not trade anyone because someone on hfboards demands it!

horner

May 22, 2007
Hainsey has not been good this year, his age is showing

+3 on a crappy Ottawa team that can't score

All iam saying is till the end of the season he can't be any worse than Barrie -12.

We aren't going far in the playoffs (w ifvwe make the playoffs ) with this defense any ways.

Get this defense fixed for next yr.

Last edited:

horner

May 22, 2007
Exactly, then Dubas will not trade anyone because someone on hfboards demands it!

If Dubas doesn't then he is no different than the last 40 yrs.

If he didn't think this team needs to be fixed he is a dumb ass.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

Maybe, one of his Dumb ass GM friends will help him out! We may not like the price however. See the trade of Marleau as an example.

horner

May 22, 2007
You were talking about other GMs caring about our opinion.

And the n you just said Dubas won't care about our opinion.

No gm is going to care about our opinion .

I hope not anyways

horner

May 22, 2007

Obviously if you have to give up something then you don't

Eating 1.5 mil he is worth a 3 Rd Rd pk

3 mil bottom pairing dman is worth it to someone

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
You were talking about other GMs caring about our opinion.

And the n you just said Dubas won't care about our opinion.

No gm is going to care about our opinion .

I hope not anyways
As much as we're a bunch of amateur scouts on hfboards, professional NHL scouts sometimes see exactly what we see in a player. Sometimes they don't always agree and appreciate a player for his strengths and not label a player as completely useless as quick as we do on these boards.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Morgan looked pretty good with him last yr
Maybe he allowed Rielly to do his thing
As long as he is good in the dzone.

How is Barrie and Rielly making out mmmmm not so good

Till the end of the season it can't be any worse

I already debunked this theory a long time ago.

Hyman-Tavares-Marner were absolutely dominate last season, one of the best lines in the league. They were paired with Rielly-Hainsey. Rielly-Hainsey were bad defensively last season, but fantastic offensively. High-dangers shot attempts, high-danger goals against, shots against, goals against. Literally every defensive against stat last year was worse for Rielly-Hainsey than it was for Rielly-XXX this year.

The only difference this season
is that Hyman-Tavares-Marner were terrible/non-existent in the first quarter of the season, and therefore so was Rielly. Now that the team is starting to roll again, you should see Rielly perform much better. Some people have been ridiculous and even came to the theory that Hainsey leaving affected Tavares and Marner's play in the first quarter of the season. That's ridiculous, and that theory is being put to rest as you can see how dominate that line has been the past few games again (rebounding from their unsustainable low on-ice sh% this season).

Face palm.

You didn't realize that Muzzin-Holl was the shut-down pair under Keefe eh? :laugh: Yeah took me a few games to realize it too, but it makes sense since it utilizes everyone talents/strengths.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Like this :facepalm:?
I already debunked this theory a long time ago.

Hyman-Tavares-Marner were absolutely dominate last season, one of the best lines in the league. They were paired with Rielly-Hainsey. Rielly-Hainsey were bad defensively last season, but fantastic offensively. High-dangers shot attempts, high-danger goals against, shots against, goals against. Literally every defensive against stat last year was worse for Rielly-Hainsey than it was for Rielly-XXX this year.

The only difference this season
is that Hyman-Tavares-Marner were terrible/non-existent in the first quarter of the season, and therefore so was Rielly. Now that the team is starting to roll again, you should see Rielly perform much better.

You didn't realize that Muzzin-Holl was the shut-down pair under Keefe eh? :laugh: Yeah took me a few games to realize it too, but it makes sense since it utilizes everyone talents/strengths.
13FA330F-EBF1-484D-B26D-CD963E045F74.gif

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
He scored 3 games in a row and fooled everyone but of course since then he went back to his shitty old self

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Logic has gone out of this thread.

Rielly-Barrie with another strong shift leading to a goal.

Enjoy the season folks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->