Tyson Barrie Discussion

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Great game by him today. I like his calmness with the puck, and his willingness to try and make plays and not just give it away.
It's nice to finally have a legit 1st pair RHD on the team.
Some were saying he looked poor in preseason. He's a pro and I knew he would show up when it mattered. He was excellent tonight.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
It’s one game.... Look I think our D is much better than it was last year but it’s not like the Sens are the cream of the NHL. Ceci also played a nice quiet game which is what we need from him.

It’s really unfortunate that Sandin played under 10 mins. I get that he is better than most of the people who would replace him but the kid needs to be playing 20 mins a night with Liljegren. Bring them both up at the TDL.

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
Well, the only things we know are this for sure.

In the past 3 seasons combined Barrie is 9th overall in the league in scoring defense.

The way he played tonight appears to be what Avs fans became accustomed to and loved so much.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Some were saying he looked poor in preseason. He's a pro and I knew he would show up when it mattered. He was excellent tonight.

He's amazing, the exact D-man we needed on our right-side (I.e a smart puck-moving D).

I really hope this doesn't happen, but I have a strong feeling that one of Rielly or Barrie are going to be the next 'scapegoats'. I hope it doesn't happen, but high risk high reward players are never truly appreciated in Toronto. The good >>> the bad.

Reactions: kb

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Watching Barrie play tonight made the Kadri trade a little easier for me. I was a huge Kadri fan but with the cap and in general you have to give something to get something. We managed to get a top pairing righty that we've needed since forever, and also a replacement 3C that looks to be dependable and brings great speed. Barrie was great tonight at both ends of the ice. Hope he continues that trend

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
He's amazing, the exact D-man we needed on our right-side (I.e a smart puck-moving D).

I really hope this doesn't happen, but I have a strong feeling that one of Rielly or Barrie are going to be the next 'scapegoats'. I hope it doesn't happen, but high risk high reward players are never truly appreciated in Toronto. The good >>> the bad.

Its probably going to be Ceci honestly, once Dermott is back and Marincin is gone. And probably Kapanen at forward.

Reactions: kb

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Having Rielly on one pairing and Barrie on the next gives us 2 really elite puck movers. That toe drag at his blue line was ballsy and filthy.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
It’s one game.... Look I think our D is much better than it was last year but it’s not like the Sens are the cream of the NHL. Ceci also played a nice quiet game which is what we need from him.

It’s really unfortunate that Sandin played under 10 mins. I get that he is better than most of the people who would replace him but the kid needs to be playing 20 mins a night with Liljegren. Bring them both up at the TDL.

20 min is wayyyyyy to much for sandin. Jesus let him get 30 to 40 games under his belt...he's here, he will learn the NHL, just take er easy there bud...

Reactions: 7even

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017

The kids of the fan base today don't see it that way. I'm 39, I booed murphy because my dad did. MY dad was also kind of racist and close minded. I like Don cherry as I think he's funny, my dad was like Don cherry. These younger fans don't have it blasted in their heads" get up .don't be a p***y, get back out there " like my generation did. I really don't think Barrie or Rielly will get run out. I think a paradigm shift is happening, esp considering the raptors and the diversity in our fan base that wasn't there when I was a kid.

Reactions: LeafingTheWay

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Totally agree!

Haha Colorado players do love their spinoramas.

Well I'm glad to see Barrie play like this right from game 1. When he's off it takes him a while to warm up (seriously he was the punching bag of the Avs board for a sizable period of time), but if he can keep this going he takes your squad to another level.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

Muzzin is already kind of a scapegoat. I've seen him get some hate from Leaf fans on social media, not sure why. The fans in this market sure love to target their D-men...

Reactions: LeafingTheWay

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Muzzin is already kind of a scapegoat. I've seen him get some hate from Leaf fans on social media, not sure why. The fans in this market sure love to target their D-men...

Well when it came to low-hanging fruit, you were looking at about knee height when Phaneuf and Gardiner were around.

Reactions: al secord

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Barrie's amazing but too risky. Never should be dangling a guy in your own end 1 on 1. He'll be good for the Leafs but there'll be some rough times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad