Player Discussion Tyler Toffoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
If what people are saying about Toffoli being crappy defensively, then no one should be expecting him to play along side Horvat while Boeser is out.
Should be picturing Toffoli along side Pettersson.

Keeps the Horvat line strong defensively while 6 is out.
Wait who said Toffoli was bad defensively?

He was a regular on the PK for a number of years.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Toffoli is a decent sniper with good offensive instincts while being able to kill penalties.

His biggest issues are his skating and streakiness.

The streakiness would be forgiveable if he was just snakebitten during those times. With Toffoli, he just seems to settle in a way where he's not a very intense player or demonstrates accountability when he's playing poorly.

I think he'll do well in Vancouver, and renewed energy will get him producing quickly. But whomever signs him will often be wanting more.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Good shot, can pk, overall good offensive awareness. He can be streaky and sometimes you barely notice him in the line up. One thing that would always worry me was his skating; if he gets caught he's screwed.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Has there been an interview with Toffoli yet on his thoughts on the deal? Probably pretty busy with flying right out to Van and what not.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
If what people are saying about Toffoli being crappy defensively, then no one should be expecting him to play along side Horvat while Boeser is out.
Should be picturing Toffoli along side Pettersson.

Keeps the Horvat line strong defensively while 6 is out.

or toffoli with gaudette and roussel? or if we want to try to rekindle that 2014 magic,

miller petey boes
roussel horvat jake
pearson gaudette toffoli
whatever

if horvat can pull more than his weight that’s a third line that can work

Reactions: DL44

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Good player to target.

Fantastic around the net and plays the bumper spot on the PP.

Very deceptive backhand as well.

Analytics look good!

Lets roll!

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Wait who said Toffoli was bad defensively?

He was a regular on the PK for a number of years.

It was something i read multiple times in the initial reaction trade thread from people here 'assessing' the trade..

Glad to hear that was overblown.

Toffoli is a decent sniper with good offensive instincts while being able to kill penalties.

His biggest issues are his skating and streakiness.

The streakiness would be forgiveable if he was just snakebitten during those times. With Toffoli, he just seems to settle in a way where he's not a very intense player or demonstrates accountability when he's playing poorly.

I think he'll do well in Vancouver, and renewed energy will get him producing quickly. But whomever signs him will often be wanting more.

You have to accept streakiness in anyone that is not 30+ goal scorer... If they were consistent, they would be elite.
being a 20-25 goal scorer by definition means a player won't score for 5-6-7 or 8 games at a time multiple times during the season.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
It was something i read multiple times in the initial reaction trade thread from people here 'assessing' the trade..

Glad to hear that was overblown.

You have to accept streakiness in anyone that is not 30+ goal scorer... If they were consistent, they would be elite.
being a 20-25 goal scorer by definition means a player won't score for 5-6-7 or 8 games at a time multiple times during the season.
He led the league in short handed goals in the 2014 season? 2015?

He's just fine.

Reactions: Johnathon Tanner

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
or toffoli with gaudette and roussel? or if we want to try to rekindle that 2014 magic,

miller petey boes
roussel horvat jake
pearson gaudette toffoli
whatever

if horvat can pull more than his weight that’s a third line that can work

He is the Boeser replacement.

Brock is out for a good while it seems.

Zarpan

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Last year and 2015/2016 seem to be outliers in terms of shooting percentage. Seems like he is good for around 20-25 goals and a similar amount of assists in a typical season.

Reactions: bh53

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
What I really like about Toffoli is he fires the puck a lot. It could translate to more production from him with perhaps better deployment/linemates.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Has there been an interview with Toffoli yet on his thoughts on the deal? Probably pretty busy with flying right out to Van and what not.

His wife works for the LA Dodgers , his agent said they won’t talk about an extension right now.

I wouldn’t be buying a Toffoli jersey anytime soon.

Reactions: B-rock
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille