Around the NHL — Episode XLXVI

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
CBC Ottawa cutting away from the Western playoff games for Shanghi track and field : shakehead Last year I had wall to wall hockey through 3 channels on basic 'over-the-air' television and now I'm 'lucky' to catch a single game on a Saturday night. It's over. The walls are closing in. Unfortunately I'm to proud and righteous of a man to ever ask for a PM of a stream link so please don't.

My taxes funding the "Canadian Broadcasting Corporation" isn't enough to watch Canadian content anymore. Roger and Bell now the gate-keepers of the game of hockey in Canada. Disgusting
CBC does not have the rights to NHL hockey, SportsNet does.

Reactions: Neil Patrick Harris

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
ARE YOU LIVING IN A COMPUTER SIMULATION?
BY NICK BOSTROM

[Published in Philosophical Quarterly (2003) Vol. 53, No. 211, pp. 243‐255. (First version: 2001)]

This paper argues that at least one of the following propositions is true: (1)
the human species is very likely to go extinct before reaching a
“posthuman” stage; (2) any posthuman civilization is extremely unlikely
to run a significant number of simulations of their evolutionary history (or
variations thereof); (3) we are almost certainly living in a computer
simulation. It follows that the belief that there is a significant chance that
we will one day become posthumans who run ancestor‐simulations is
false, unless we are currently living in a simulation. A number of other
consequences of this result are also discussed.

You're thinking too hard. The key to 'truth' and understanding is learning to 'let go.' Forest for the trees my man. Namaste

:Edit - Pls move to OT no 'delete'. Interesting topic

Last edited:

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
It is great to see them Implode.

That is a team that is guilty of too many players that are similar. A team that never built out from the goaltender and the defense. I think we should really take a lesson on how not to build a team and Dorian kind of screwed us by putting us in the same situation.

When you lack a quality goaltender and quality defense, you end up with a roster like the Maple leafs. It is scary that this could realistically be us if we don't change things.

I hope Staios is watching, paying attention and taking notes cuz this is a master class in how not to build a roster. I also would be speed dialing Berube because it's going to be Keith's head is going to be the sacrificial lamb here in a few days even though it's roster construction issue. Leafs are going to put Berube as their number one son to bring them to the promised land. Better get that contract. Sign sealed and delivered tomorrow. I have a feeling that mlse is probably going over Shanahan's head and hiring Berube and going to oust everybody in between.

Reactions: Bileur

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Our team sucks and I have similar concerns about our core not being able to get it done even if they make the playoffs, but it is very satisfying to watch Leafs nation on full meltdown ^_^

Reactions: Sensators

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Imagine….. In 2006, the Sens selected Nick Folino in the first round, no second round pick, and in the third round they selected Eric Gryba.

Three picks later, the Bruins selected Brad Marchand

1714308696291.png

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Our team sucks and I have similar concerns about our core not being able to get it done even if they make the playoffs, but it is very satisfying to watch Leafs nation on full meltdown ^_^
Brady T is a hell of a lot better leader than Pajama boy. And no one on the Sens is as immature as Mitch Marner.

Reactions: Sens9292

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
It’s incredible watching this leafs team implode. I’ve never seen such a strong indicator of the existence of Karma.

As hard as Toronto sports media rode and derided the sens for being soft chokers against the leafs, they at least had a lot of success against other teams and even managed to win some key games against the leafs. These leafs fold in any elimination game.

The sens players also never had the crybaby stuff you see from Marner. It’s great theatre.

Imagine….. In 2006, the Sens selected Nick Folino in the first round, no second round pick, and in the third round they selected Eric Gryba.

Three picks later, the Bruins selected Brad Marchand

View attachment 861044

You could do that with almost any draft pick.

Foligno was a good choice only one guy picked after him as more GP.

Gryba was fine. Only about a 10 guys picked in the next four rounds played more games than him. Solid for a third rounder.

Reactions: Senscore

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

No team will succeed if they cant rely on depth in the playoffs.

Dangle sucks so hard. He's only successful because he speaks to the grandiose narcissism of that fanbase. He gets to throw the tantrum on their behalf.

You could do that with almost any draft pick.

Foligno was a good choice only one guy picked after him as more GP.

Gryba was fine. Only about a 10 guys picked in the next four rounds played more games than him. Solid for a third rounder.
We would have been better served giving $5m to Foligno than to Tarasenko imo. Not a knock on Tarasenko at all, he was a good acquisition, but Foligno is the definition of an all-around pro.

Reactions: Bileur

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Brady T is a hell of a lot better leader than Pajama boy. And no one on the Sens is as immature as Mitch Marner.

Brady is a hell of a piece for a playoff series, but 1 player can't do it all. The surrounding core is questionable (excluding Sanderson) from a playoff performing perspective, and depth. We lack reliable top end skill guys that other contenders have. I'll blame Dorion for trading countless high end picks on that one.

R2010

May 23, 2011
No team will succeed if they cant rely on depth in the playoffs.

Dangle sucks so hard. He's only successful because he speaks to the grandiose narcissism of that fanbase. He gets to throw the tantrum on their behalf.

We would have been better served giving $5m to Foligno than to Tarasenko imo. Not a knock on Tarasenko at all, he was a good acquisition, but Foligno is the definition of an all-around pro.

People have been blaming depth for the leafs failures for years. The truth is that GMs for those teams have still given the Leafs enough depth to win in the playoffs. Their failure to consistently advance is very clearly a result of having their best players not show up when the hockey gets more physical and defensive.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
People have been blaming depth for the leafs failures for years. The truth is that GMs for those teams have still given the Leafs enough depth to win in the playoffs. Their failure to consistently advance is very clearly a result of having their best players not show up when the hockey gets more physical and defensive.
Yup, 100%. My critique was of Dangle, not of the Leafs depth. Although I don't think their team is very well built in general

Reactions: R2010

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Could you imagine what Matthews would be like if he had a playoff warrior on his wing - not necessarily your Cam Neely/Brendan Shannhan type but even a dude like Brayden Point, Justin Williams a player who can be there in the big moments with him and always be in on every play waiting for that crack of daylight to impact the game.

Matthews just doesn’t have that wing man in Toronto right now. Time for Toronto to make their Matthew Tkachuk trade and get Matthews and Reilly some dudes who have that playoff magic

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
TO just need to drop Tavares and Marner and invest the savings in depth. But I'm ok if they keep doing what they are doing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad