Injury Report: Tyler Bozak (LTIR)

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Bozak is one of the top guys on this team. He is an excellent 2C and has done an admirable job playing between Kessel and JVR. This team misses Bozak more than you think. You can keep pretending that Bozak "sucks" but the fact of the matter is the guy is a true winner and a great teammate unlike that loser Grabovski.

There are 8 forwards on this team that are better than him. He isn't a "core piece" on this team. This guy isn't very good for the exception of being slightly above average on faceoffs. Why is it that we're so worried about putting Bozak on the 2nd line and keeping Kadri on the 1st line? If Bozak plays a big role in the success of the top line, I'm sure bumping him down to the second line won't kill off any secondary scoring that we hope to receive.

BigBust10

Nov 13, 2013
There are 8 forwards on this team that are better than him. He isn't a "core piece" on this team. This guy isn't very good for the exception of being slightly above average on faceoffs. Why is it that we're so worried about putting Bozak on the 2nd line and keeping Kadri on the 1st line? If Bozak plays a big role in the success of the top line, I'm sure bumping him down to the second line won't kill off any secondary scoring that we hope to receive.

That's just garbage and you know it. 8 forwards better than Bozak? List them please. Your agenda against a fine 2C is absolutely hilarious. I'm sure everyone here realizes Kadri is the better player, but it's better to split up our top guns into pairs. Kessel-JVR, and Lupul-Kadri. Spread out the scoring as opposed to having a one line team. It's not ****ing rocket science dude.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
That's just garbage and you know it. 8 forwards better than Bozak? List them please. Your agenda against a fine 2C is absolutely hilarious. I'm sure everyone here realizes Kadri is the better player, but it's better to split up our top guns into pairs. Kessel-JVR, and Lupul-Kadri. Spread out the scoring as opposed to having a one line team. It's not ****ing rocket science dude.

1. Kessel
2. JVR
3. Lupul
4. Kadri
5. Kulemin
6. Bolland
7. Raymond
8. Clarkson

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012

Then why can't we just put Kadri on 1 and Bozak on 2? The reason Bozak gets so much hate isn't so much bozak's fault but the coaches that wouldnt allow him and kessel to be separate.

agropop

Mar 3, 2011
Windsor

So what you're saying is that Bozak would be incapable of contributing to a secondary scoring unit with wingers like Lupul and Clarkson?

I love this rationale, he belongs on the first line because he's not good enough for the 2nd.

Oddly, at the same time you claim him to be a fine 2c.

Which is it?

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Bozak on the 1 Kadri on the 2, spreads out the offense.

Bozak is a decent stop-gap until we get a true centre. Not great, not terrible, but a definite point of upgrade.

Any good free agents this summer centre wise?

BigBust10

Nov 13, 2013
Then why can't we just put Kadri on 1 and Bozak on 2? The reason Bozak gets so much hate isn't so much bozak's fault but the coaches that wouldnt allow him and kessel to be separate.

Bozak is a defensively responsible C who can chip in offensively when need be. Kadri isn't good defensively yet and downgrading that top line defensively while putting all our eggs in one basket (offensively) would be a disaster.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
So what you're saying is that Bozak would be incapable of contributing to a secondary scoring unit with wingers like Lupul and Clarkson?

I love this rationale, he belongs on the first line because he's not good enough for the 2nd.

Oddly, at the same time you claim him to be a fine 2c.

Which is it?

Exactly lol, I just don't understand why we don't play JVR-Kadri-Kessel when we need offense. It's not even Bozaks fault, but i just dont get it.

Audi*

Nov 22, 2009
top forwards imo:

kessel
lupul
jvr
bozak
bolland
kadri

he's important to this team

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Bozak is a defensively responsible C who can chip in offensively when need be. Kadri isn't good defensively yet and downgrading that top line defensively while putting all our eggs in one basket (offensively) would be a disaster.

But were talking about offensive zone starts here lol, and really, putting kadri on that line equals disaster lol? The second line still has Lupul-Bozak-Clarkson/MayRay. How is that in anyway a disaster? Kadri isn't even that far behind defensively and Bozak can still have the defensive zone starts.

mikebel111*

Way too much hate for bozak. I love nazem but i trust bozak more over nazem in key situations

One complaint for tyler is quit always passing to kessel

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
1. Kessel
2. JVR
3. Lupul
4. Kadri

5. Kulemin
6. Bolland
7. Raymond
8. Clarkson

The bolded I'd put above Tyler Bozak no questions asked.

Dave Bolland and David Clarkson are questionable or on par.

Nikolai Kulemin and Jay McClement for that matter are completely different players who play different roles on the team.

Mason Raymond is not better than Bozak lol.

So Bozak falls in the 5-8 range IMO.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
I really don't get the pressing need for Kadri to play with Kessel. The team would probably score less as a whole with those two playing together IMO.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Bozak is in for a miserable time when he gets back. He should ride that hammy as long as he can :)

The way the matchups have been going with everyone healthy:

Bozak vs top lines head-to-head with lots of o zone starts. Randy has been letting the other teams match top lines
Bolland with hard matchups
Kadri with easy minutes but lots of D starts

The way things were going before Bozak got hurt was that he is was getting smoked by the hard matchups 3 assists at evens and terrible possession numbers. Guys like Toews and Stahl skating circles around him.

Bolland is gone for months and probably will be hobbled all year. Those hard minutes have to go somewhere.

Bozak when he gets back will be getting force-fed top lines the rest of the year. I don't think he is nearly up to it. If he is well good for him. He earns his contract.

Kadri on the second line and Holland/Smith on a third protected scoring line sounds like the leafs future. Bozak will be swimming with an anvil all year. Hope he is up to it.

MajorityRules*

Why are you so worried about having Kadri on the Kessel/JVR line? It's not like he doesn't produce when paired with Lupul and whatever other player Carlyle puts with them. Sounds to me like you just want to thump your chest because your guy is playing on the "1st line" like you've always wanted.

The line of Bozak/Kessel/JVR works. Just like it did when it was Bozak/Kessel and Lupul. There's no reason to change it other than some fans want to claim "I was right all along".

Honestly, the Bozak hate is petty and childish. I'm looking forward to him coming back and hopefully that line will produce like it usually does whether Bozak is in on the goals or not.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He's sorely missed. He can play Thursday(if healthy) correct?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad