Injury Report: Tyler Bozak (LTIR)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Lol you serious? Whos the one taking the draws at the start of every PK

Bozak has more shorthanded goals than any Leafs player the past 2 seasons, including a huge one against Boston in an elimination game, game 5.

Not important to our PK, more unsubstantiated Bozak hate, happy to see most reasonable posters can see through the agenda. :handclap:

Delicious Dangles*

How do you explain our PK not suffering without Kulemin when he was hurt then? But being worst with him back and Bozak out?
I'm not sure why this has to be explained (again), but because we have no centers left. Bozak was the last straw, but FAR from the most important one.

And our PK is not suffering.

In sample sizes this small, majority of it is likely random chance and the teams we have played anyway.

Delicious Dangles*

Uhmm pretty sure he's one of our mains on the pk. When everyone's healthy its mcclement, Bozak, bolland, kulemin
He's currently 5th in SH TOI/game on our team, and Bolland (6th) and Raymond (7th) also get the same amount of time as him.

Delicious Dangles*

That would be McClement, who gets more than twice as much PK time as Bozak.

He quadruples the total amount of time. 84 minutes to 21 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I'm not sure why this has to be explained (again), but because we have no centers left. Bozak was the last straw, but FAR from the most important one.

And our PK is not suffering.

In sample sizes this small, majority of it is likely random chance and the teams we have played anyway.

We have 3 Center's playing the PK, they are all valuable. Mcclement probably the most. If the agenda is to minimize Bozak's contributions it's not really working, because the stats and the eye test say otherwise.

Again, who has scored more SHG on the Leafs the last 2 seasons? I'll tell you one thing, it isn't Bolland or Mcclement.

Apr 11, 2010
Toronto
Bozak is a strange case. He's valuable to this team as he can play everything, but he's not great at anything. Pretty much a jack of all trades. Very useful player, but not one that you'd cry over if he left. He's not worthless like so many think, but he's not a vital part of this team either. It's not a privilege or anything to have him, but it sure as hell is nice to have him here. He's more of an extra luxury, not a necessity. He's a damn good NHLer, [MOD] He's no 1st line centre though.

Toque*

Bozak is a strange case. He's valuable to this team as he can play everything, but he's not great at anything. Pretty much a jack of all trades. Very useful player, but not one that you'd cry over if he left. He's not worthless like so many think, but he's not a vital part of this team either. It's not a privilege or anything to have him, but it sure as hell is nice to have him here. He's more of an extra luxury, not a necessity. He's a damn good NHLer, [MOD] He's no 1st line centre though.

I'm not a big Bozo fan but he's great on breakaways!

Delicious Dangles*

We have 3 Center's playing the PK, they are all valuable. Mcclement probably the most. If the agenda is to minimize Bozak's contributions it's not really working, because the stats and the eye test say otherwise.

Again, who has scored more SHG on the Leafs the last 2 seasons? I'll tell you one thing, it isn't Bolland or Mcclement.
The objective on the PK is not to score goals. Also, shorthanded goals often comes down to who is attacking the points on the PK, and has decent offensive skill. Bozak is also good at breakaways (really the only thing he is good at offensively), so scoring shorthanded goals makes sense.

It says nothing about his PK abilities, or his importance. I'm not sure how you expected Bolland to have shorthanded goals for our team before this year.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Completely agree with everything you said.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre

This pretty much sums up Bozak for me in one awesome paragraph.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012

Your both right, Bozak was on the top PK last year but this year with Bolland in the lineup he's on the 2nd unit, when he gets back he'll likely be on the 2nd pk unit. Who's the one taking faceoff starts? Mcclement is!

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
This pretty much sums up Bozak for me in one awesome paragraph.

Bozak is Steve Rucchin 2.0! Rucchin played on Anahiem's top line in the mid to late 90's with Kariya/Selanne but he was never offensively gifted (his best season was in 1996-97 with 67 points). Rucchin wasn't out there to put up points, he was out there to win key faceoffs and act as a defensive blanket for the one dimensional wingers he was paired with.

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011

Agree with everything you said. Valuable player. Curious as to your definition of a 1st liner though.... Are you saying he shouldn't be centering Phil/JVR? Or that he wouldn't be on the top line of most other teams?

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
I liked the Bozak signing but most of you think hes just a crappy 3rd line centre, he is clearly much more...

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The objective on the PK is not to score goals. Also, shorthanded goals often comes down to who is attacking the points on the PK, and has decent offensive skill. Bozak is also good at breakaways (really the only thing he is good at offensively), so scoring shorthanded goals makes sense.

It says nothing about his PK abilities, or his importance. I'm not sure how you expected Bolland to have shorthanded goals for our team before this year.

lol Too funny, now shorthanded goals are meaningless in penalty killing. Ok carry on. Please don't bother responding to posts of mine, I really do not have the time for these type of posts. :shakehead

I haven't used the ignore button in awhile, 5, 4, 3, 2....

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Last playoffs:

With Bozak: 2-3
Without Bozak: 1-1
1 goal, 1 assist in 5 games
Faceoff%: 42.6, worse than both McClement and Grabovski

Your face offs would have been ass as well if you were going against Bergeron on a regular basis.

And in 2 of those losses the Leafs were the better team, game 3 and 4.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Yes, but he should be making 2.5 max, not 4.2.

So you guys pretty much hate the crap out of him just because Nonis is paying him 1.7 Million more than you would like him to? and because of this you guys all want him to either be traded or play on the 4th line?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->