PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Last playoffs:

With Bozak: 2-3
Without Bozak: 1-1
1 goal, 1 assist in 5 games
Faceoff%: 42.6, worse than both McClement and Grabovski

And his replacement, Kadri, in those two games: 2g 1a +3.

Decent versatile player, but Kessel, JVR, Lupul, Bolland, Kadri, and McClement are all more important to the team's success.

Delicious Dangles*

lol Too funny, now shorthanded goals are meaningless in penalty killing. Ok carry on. Please don't bother responding to posts of mine, I really do not have the time for these type of posts. :shakehead

I haven't used the ignore button in awhile, 5, 4, 3, 2....
For the most part, yes, shorthanded goals are meaningless in determining quality of PKers. They are not what penalty killing is about. They are a nice BONUS.

It's funny when people know they have no argument and just throw their arms up in frustration, but still won't admit they are wrong. Believe me, I'm happier on your ignore list. Lets me actually post facts in this forum without individuals with agendas getting in the way.

Delicious Dangles*

Your face offs would have been ass as well if you were going against Bergeron on a regular basis.

And in 2 of those losses the Leafs were the better team, game 3 and 4.
Doesn't matter. Point is, Bozak didn't help us.

If you want to play the "who played better" game, we were the better team in both game 6 and game 7, so by your logic, we are undefeated in the playoffs without Bozak.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
With Bozak:

Record: 11gms, 7-4-0, 14pts, 104pt pace
Goals: 3.18gfa, 2.64gaa, +0.54gdiff
PP/PK: 26.2pp%, 86.4pk%

Kessel: 11gms, 6gls, 12pts (82gms, 45gls, 90pts)
VanR: 9gms, 5gls, 9pts (82gms, 46gls, 82pts)

Without Bozak:

Record: 9gms, 5-3-1, 11pts, 100pt pace
Goals: 2.22gfa, 2.00gaa, +0.22gdiff
PP/PK: 19.2pp%, 80.0pk%

Kessel: 9gms, 4gls, 7pts (82gms, 36gls, 64pts)
VanR: 9gms, 4gls, 6pts (82gms, 36gls, 55pts)

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
With Bozak:

Without Bozak:

Not a good comparison though as there are so many more factors than just Bozak being out recently.

I like Kingstonian84's Rucchin comparison.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Bozak and Kadri coming back will be huge for this team. Bozak can go back to being "passenger" on the top line while JVR and Kessel should be going back to producing big numbers (they got some funny things they call a passenger nowadays) and Kadri can go back to working magic with Lupul against teams secondary defensive units.. And we can actually have McClement on the 3d line not playing Pejorative Slured minutes anymore, and he's pretty good at his role of shutting down players, especially playing with Kulemin.. Even if they send him back to the 4th line and have holland play 3rd line center that's fine..

The team looks really good when it's healthy, and we've seen periods of hockey where we actually play to our potential (and it's pretty good) so let's hope we can find some consistency when we get the centers back.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Jordan Staal makes 6M, Bozak makes 4.2M.

I remember how people wanted to trade for Staal to upgrade over Bozak. How big of an upgrade is Staal...not very much.

Bozak is similar offensively to Jordan Staal. A good player to have on your team for 4.2M. Very versatile.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
with bozak:

goals: 3.18gfa, 2.64gaa, +0.54gdiff
pp/pk: 26.2pp%, 86.4pk%

kessel: 11gms, 6gls, 12pts (82gms, 45gls, 90pts)
vanr: 9gms, 5gls, 9pts (82gms, 46gls, 82pts)

without bozak:

goals: 2.22gfa, 2.00gaa, +0.22gdiff
pp/pk: 19.2pp%, 80.0pk%

kessel: 9gms, 4gls, 7pts (82gms, 36gls, 64pts)
vanr: 9gms, 4gls, 6pts (82gms, 36gls, 55pts)

boom!

agropop

Mar 3, 2011
Windsor
With Bozak:

Without Bozak:

How many of those nine games were we also missing Bolland? Two of those we were missing both Kadri and Bolland on top of Bozak.

Your analysis here supports the argument that we're a weaker team while missing combinations of one, two, and three of our top centres vs being healthy down the middle. You're reaching to make this about Bozak alone.

...if we're using tiny sample sizes to construct narratives void of context I'll point to the games we played with Kadri and Bolland as 1-2, we looked great.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
i never thought i would ever say this but, i really miss bozak. hurry the **** up and get back into the line-up.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Jordan Staal makes 6M, Bozak makes 4.2M.

I remember how people wanted to trade for Staal to upgrade over Bozak. How big of an upgrade is Staal...not very much.

Bozak is similar offensively to Jordan Staal. A good player to have on your team for 4.2M. Very versatile.

Pretty much this..

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
I hope he's not rusty as heck when he's back. Then again, he isn't anything spectacular so hoping that he racks up a point or two in the few games he's back is an epic win.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
I hope he's not rusty as heck when he's back. Then again, he isn't anything spectacular so hoping that he racks up a point or two in the few games he's back is an epic win.

He'll be rusty for sure, I read up on his injury and it was a severe one. The torn hamstring is a very serious injury and 80% of players who substain it make a full come back, that means 2/10 don't.

Lets hope though Bozie is one of the 80% and not one of the 20%

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto

It's not like we even notice him half the time he is out there. I just hope they don't put him back with Kessel and JVR when he returns.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
It's not like we even notice him half the time he is out there. I just hope they don't put him back with Kessel and JVR when he returns.

Well be prepared to be disappointed then.

People act like he ****s up the line offensively when he plays but thats obviously not the case. Kessel plays at over a PPG when hes on his line. Someone who ****s up the line offensively down the middle is JVR.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012

You'll be disappointed then, Randy loves to stick to his way and he loves Bozak/Kessel together, Bozak may play on the 3rd line for a game or so when he's back to shake off the rust but he'll be back on the top line asap.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Well be prepared to be disappointed then.

People act like he ****s up the line offensively when he plays but thats obviously not the case. Kessel plays at over a PPG when hes on his line. Someone who ****s up the line offensively down the middle is JVR.

Bozak has nothing to do with Kessel's personal success though. He rarely is ever in on any of Kessel's goals, and Kessel's production has been better with several different players centering him during his tenure as a Leaf. To be honest, Bozak is kind of "just there". I'd rather we just keep Kadri on the top unit. Just toss Bozak on the 2nd line for the time being.

BigBust10

Nov 13, 2013
Bozak has nothing to do with Kessel's personal success though. He rarely is ever in on any of Kessel's goals, and Kessel's production has been better with several different players centering him during his tenure as a Leaf. To be honest, Bozak is kind of "just there". I'd rather we just keep Kadri on the top unit. Just toss Bozak on the 2nd line for the time being.

Bozak is one of the top guys on this team. He is an excellent 2C and has done an admirable job playing between Kessel and JVR. This team misses Bozak more than you think. You can keep pretending that Bozak "sucks" but the fact of the matter is the guy is a true winner and a great teammate unlike that loser Grabovski.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Bozak is one of the top guys on this team. He is an excellent 2C and has done an admirable job playing between Kessel and JVR. This team misses Bozak more than you think. You can keep pretending that Bozak "sucks" but the fact of the matter is the guy is a true winner and a great teammate unlike that loser Grabovski.

Grabovski has 18points in 21games, he's far from being a loser but who cares anyways he's not a leaf anymore so were all going to hate him and call him a loser :shakehead

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
If Bozak is "just there" then tell me where Kessel went when JVR was playing centre, he was clearly "just there" and we all saw how that went.

Kessel can produce at a 90 point pace with Bozak, moving Kadri up there isnt going to magically make him a 100 point player just because Kadri>Bozak. Also isnt it better to have Kadri on the second line to shelter him and help provide more offence throughout the line up?

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
If Bozak is "just there" then tell me where Kessel went when JVR was playing centre, he was clearly "just there" and we all saw how that went.

Kessel can produce at a 90 point pace with Bozak, moving Kadri up there isnt going to magically make him a 100 point player just because Kadri>Bozak. Also isnt it better to have Kadri on the second line to shelter him and help provide more offence throughout the line up?

Yes but most people just play NHL 14 and think of themselves as experts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad