Injury Report: Tyler Bozak (LTIR)

Asif16*

Yes but I doubt he'll be ready.

Ofcourse not. Doing it on purpose.

Hes holding off until the game against Grabovski and the Caps on saturday.

So that he can prove to HFBoards that he is better player :sarcasm:

Seriously though, grabovski/bozak comparison is gonna be talked to death after the caps game. :(

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
So what you're saying is that Bozak would be incapable of contributing to a secondary scoring unit with wingers like Lupul and Clarkson?

I love this rationale, he belongs on the first line because he's not good enough for the 2nd.

Oddly, at the same time you claim him to be a fine 2c.

Which is it?

Yes, having three secondary scorers on one line is a bad idea. Someone has to be the 'guy' on that line. Neither of those three are capable. Nor is JVR. That job belongs to Phil and Nazem.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Hasn't fully practiced yet. Usually takes a practice or 2 before a player comes back, probably be there Saturday, thats what Carlyle said.

Thanks, let's hope so. The Team looks so out of sync without him in the lineup.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
I would rather give holland a longer shot at the #1 centre and see how he fairs with the team (as long as he doesnt hurt us like right now). Can we give bozak a couple more weeks off?

leafstilldeath*

Doing a great job if you don't want to be taken seriously on this board.

Does it look like I care if you take me seriously? After bashing Grabo all last year you are preaching me about not bashing bozo?

Sure.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Does it look like I care if you take me seriously? After bashing Grabo all last year you are preaching me about not bashing bozo?

Sure.

Bozak is plus 5 this year and is missed on this team as most reasonable fans save 5 or 6 posters know, he is not -10, didn't produce secondary scoring, and didn't shutdown anything. He wasn't also -10 and almost singlehandely lose the Boston series as the weakest link on our team.

I can justify my criticism, you on the other hand, have only the long winded response of he isn't a #1C on this team. Most would not disagree Bozak is not a #1C, but on this team where the coach who has this team in 3rd in the Conference, despite a massive list of injuries, has deemed Bozak as the Center best to play with Kessel and JVR. It works.

And the results are Kessel and JVR have had career PPG seasons with Bozak. So really you have no leg to stand on and no credibility. Carry on if you wish, but no one takes you seriously here.

leafstilldeath*

Bozak is plus 5 this year and is missed on this team as most reasonable fans save 5 or 6 posters know, he is not -10, didn't produce secondary scoring, and didn't shutdown anything. He was also -10 and almost singlehandely lose the Boston series as the weakest link on our team.

I can justify my criticism, you on the other hand, have only he isn't a #1C on this team. Most would not disagree Bozak is not a #1C, but on this team where the coach who has this team in 3rd in the Conference, despite a massive list of injuries, has deemed Bozak as the Center best to play with Kessel and JVR. And the results are Kessel and JVR have had career PPG seasons with Bozak. So really you have no leg to stand on.

wohhhhhh I thought there is not going to be any player bashing by you as you are so against it. lol

You are judging a player based on one year? If yes, that is enough for me about how you rate players.

Bozak is making 4.2 mil/season for 5 years. What according to you has Bozak done with all his time with the leafs to warrant that kind of raise?

Carlyle had also deemed Lupul not fit to play as Left winger and gave him 3rd line minutes. Yup the same coach of the team that won the Stanley Cup (> being 3rd in the conference)

You have no other comparable instead of bozo to check whether Phil and JVR would or wouldn't have had career years if there was another C playing with them. Henceforth, that analogy "has no leg to stand on."

If I recall correctly you profess how important it is to watch the game itself instead of boxscores and come to conclusions.

How many times have you seen bozo absolutely kill an offensive play? A play where a goal could have tied or won us the game but due to lack of Bozo's offensive instincts/skills we were chased right BACK into our own zone.

How many times do you recall Kessel-JVR with bozo as their C cycling the puck in the offensive zone?

Last BUT definitely not the least, one thing Bozo was good at was FOs. Now the book is out on him and he has been below 50%. What does it tell you about bozo's skills? Does little things right? lol sure.....

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I don't think it will....

Bozak-Kadri-Smith-Mclement

Smithson/Holland to minors or extras

I agree with this.
I do think if Holland gets the proper coaching/guidance he could be a heck of a player.
Seems built to be a nice 2C

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I would rather give holland a longer shot at the #1 centre and see how he fairs with the team (as long as he doesnt hurt us like right now). Can we give bozak a couple more weeks off?
I think that Bozak between Raymond and Kulemin would make a really good third line, at least until Boz gets his sea legs. Why not give Holland a couple more games. Let McLement replace McLaren on the forth and save him for the PK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad