I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
cant we just roll...

jvr-kadri-kessel
lupul-holland-clarkson
raymond-bozak-kulemin
smith-mclemment-orr
mclaren

Flip Kadri and Holland and balance the offence, IMO.

Bozak on third line not because he's bad, but because he's much better suited to shutdown minutes than Kadri or Holland. Until Bolland gets back.

Edit: wow I was responding to a pretty old post there. Thought I was in one of the really active threads lol.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Mark Masters @markhmasters
Clarkson on Bozak return: "Any time you get one of the top players in the league back it definitely boosts your lineup"

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Clarkson on Bozak return: "Any time you get one of the top players in the league back it definitely boosts your lineup"

Won't be long before the resident experts here on these boards, talk about how clueless Clarkson is, and how Clarkson knows nothing about good players and talent. Didn't Bolland say something to this effect as well, that got many here squirrelly about Bozak?

Penalty Kill Icing*

Hyping out his trade value? :sarcasm:

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013

BS locker room politics. Bozak has climbed so far up the rear ends of the leafs power structure you can't even see him.

I hate this kind of thing in RL. The new guys have to genuflect when referring to him.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
BS locker room politics. Bozak has climbed so far up the rear ends of the leafs power structure you can't even see him.

I hate this kind of thing in RL. The new guys have to genuflect when referring to him.

The hate is very strong with you. I guess Kessel. Clarkson and Bolland all must be lying when it comes to Bozak? I am convinced the Bozak "haters" are a compilation of a much younger group of Leaf fans, that put great value in a name, fancy dangles, and expect Kessel to be the leading scorer of the NHL, because goals are everything.

Wheels

Aug 22, 2004
The hate is very strong with you. I guess Kessel. Clarkson and Bolland all must be lying when it comes to Bozak? I am convinced the Bozak "haters" are a compilation of a much younger group of Leaf fans, that put great value in a name, fancy dangles, and expect Kessel to be the leading scorer of the NHL, because goals are everything.

Player compliments teammate, film at 11. If Clarkson called Colton Orr one of the best players in the league I wouldn't take that as gospel either.

I'm 34 years old and think Bozak is a third-line centre at best.

And while goals aren't everything, they are quite useful in winning hockey games as that is how the winner is determined.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

Nonsense. Nobody is pressuring Clarkson to say something like that. He could have just said "Glad to have him back".

Like seriously, you're trying to claim that there is some locker-room conspiracy, orchestrated by the Leafs "power structure" to trick people into thinking Bozak is a superstar?

He thinks highly of Bozak and wanted to pump his tires a bit. Get over it.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Jonas Seigel made a very good point today.

In Tyler Bozak's absence, Phil Kessel did not score a point in 8 of the 12 games he missed.

With Tyler Bozak in the line up this year:

Kessel has scored in 8 out of 11 games.

Kessel does not need Bozak, stats contradict this often used statement.

~Tyler Bozak is indeed a passenger. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Hanta Yo

Bag it up
Jan 28, 2009
Toronto
Won't be long before the resident experts here on these boards, talk about how clueless Clarkson is, and how Clarkson knows nothing about good players and talent. Didn't Bolland say something to this effect as well, that got many here squirrelly about Bozak?

Can you honestly say with a straight face that Bozak is one of the "top players in the league"?

Nothing more than a teammate pumping the tires of another. It holds very little weight.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto

I believe most posters like Bozak, but just not as a top centre. If he was on the third line, hardly anyone would say anything negative about him. All players on the top line get put under a microscope, way the sports world works.

And I'm glad that Clarkson made those comments (as far fetched as they are), you're suppose to stick up for your teammates. Would be disappointed if he didn't say that.

I think we need to just realize what we have; a good two way third line centre for the time being. If we can upgrade 1C then great, otherwise we will make do.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

In Tyler Bozak's absence, Phil Kessel did not score a point in 8 of the 12 games he missed.

Tyler Bozak is indeed a passenger. :sarcasm:
Its a shame that people will still disregard stats like this and still say Bozak is useless and anyone between Kessel will produce more than him. Bozak knows how the play with Kessel and gets him the puck.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto

Tyler Bozak is indeed a passenger. :sarcasm:

There is an old saying that goes "I believe that you're to intelligent to believe what you just said"

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Can you honestly say with a straight face that Bozak is one of the "top players in the league"?

Nothing more than a teammate pumping the tires of another. It holds very little weight.

Bozak isn't one of the top players in the league. But he is a lot better than some here give him credit for, and is much more important to the team than many realize as well.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Its a shame that people will still disregard stats like this and still say Bozak is useless and anyone between Kessel will produce more than him. Bozak knows how the play with Kessel and gets him the puck.

Very clear Kessel is much more consistent playing with Bozak. Hard stats like these do not lie. The detractors will never change their tune, but we can point to hard facts that make them look silly. :nod:

Last edited:

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Very clear Kessel is much more consistent playing with Bozak. Hard stats like these do not lie. The haters will never change their tune, but we can point to hard facts that make them look silly. :nod:

Kessel for the most part makes opportunities for himself. I do believe Bozak only put up 8 primary assists for Kessel last year. Good 3C that can move up in injuries, but shouldn't be a 1C on a contending team. Just my opinion. We can agree to disagree.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto

With Tyler Bozak in the line up this year:

Kessel has scored in 8 out of 11 games.

Kessel does not need Bozak, stats contradict this often used statement.

~Tyler Bozak is indeed a passenger. :sarcasm:

Hopefully both JVR and Kessel get going with Bozie in the lineup. Some tough games coming up (Pittsburgh, San Jose, etc). We've been getting one of the best goaltending so far, but our offence has been up and down

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Kessel for the most part makes opportunities for himself. I do believe Bozak only put up 8 primary assists for Kessel last year. Good 3C that can move up in injuries, but shouldn't be a 1C on a contending team. Just my opinion. We can agree to disagree.

Kessel going scoreless in 8 out of 12 games that Bozak was not his center, and Kessel scoring atleast a point in 8 out of 11 games when Bozak was his center is very clear evidence, this year that Kessel benefits from Bozak as his center.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Hopefully both JVR and Kessel get going with Bozie in the lineup. Some tough games coming up (Pittsburgh, San Jose, etc). We've been getting one of the best goaltending so far, but our offence has been up and down

There are tough games coming up, we have had a very easy schedule with Bolland and Bozak out.

Lucky for us, we have survived. With the Kadri line starting to heat up and Bozak back, we may not have a better record moving fwd than we have had of late, but there is no doubt we will be a better team to compete against these teams.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Kessel going scoreless in 8 out of 12 games that Bozak was not his center, and Kessel scoring atleast a point in 8 out of 11 games when Bozak was his center is very clear evidence, this year that Kessel benefits from Bozak as his center.

Goal scores like Kessel have been known to go on cold and hot streaks, regardless of who they are playing with. I'm ok with Bozak for now, just feel if we can upgrade we should. We have a goalie and some d to trade with. If Bozak is as good as being perceived then we can package him with another asset, and get a good return C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad