Injury Report: Tyler Bozak (LTIR)

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Bozak is plus 5 this year and is missed on this team as most reasonable fans save 5 or 6 posters know, he is not -10, didn't produce secondary scoring, and didn't shutdown anything. He wasn't also -10 and almost singlehandely lose the Boston series as the weakest link on our team.

I can justify my criticism, you on the other hand, have only the long winded response of he isn't a #1C on this team. Most would not disagree Bozak is not a #1C, but on this team where the coach who has this team in 3rd in the Conference, despite a massive list of injuries, has deemed Bozak as the Center best to play with Kessel and JVR. It works.

And the results are Kessel and JVR have had career PPG seasons with Bozak. So really you have no leg to stand on and no credibility. Carry on if you wish, but no one takes you seriously here.

Seems more and more like any competent 2 way center will have the same results with Kessel and JVR. Kadri and Holland are experiencing the same offensive output from Kessel-JVR (except Kadri actually contributed), with no negatives to boot. Bozak would be much better suited to a lesser offensive role, and that is why he gets so much criticism(even if it isn't his fault). I'd argue that even Bolland is MUCH better suited to play where Bozak does now, except Bolland is a much better in his current position then Bozak would be.

You can say people have no credibility all you want, but it is painfully obvious to everyone that there are much better suitors to his spot. This is not to say he can't sub in to mix things up, but as for #1 pp time and some offensive zone starts, he should be second to a player like Kadri. I honestly can't understand how Kadri isn't bumped up to the first line when we are down a goal or two late in the game. Carlyle has done things like shift Kadri-Orr on a regular shift, in the dying minutes of a 1 goal game.

Basically, I agree Bozak IS missed on the team, just not on the first line when there is a fill in available. He is missed on the dot, on the PK, as an quality NHL center in general.

Last edited:

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
cant we just roll...

jvr-kadri-kessel
lupul-holland-clarkson
raymond-bozak-kulemin
smith-mclemment-orr
mclaren

MajorityRules*

cant we just roll...

jvr-kadri-kessel
lupul-holland-clarkson
raymond-bozak-kulemin
smith-mclemment-orr
mclaren

Not quite

Bozak back on the top line, Holland back to the AHL and leave Smith centering Lupul and Clarkson since he's had good chemistry with both of them and Kadri can cool his heels on the third line until he's ready to "smarten up" and take back his 2nd line duties.

AVE MAN

Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
Edit* This actually makes too much sense.

Is there a legitimate chance that Bozak ends up playing out of the top 6 upon his return?
(I always thought he'd be on the Kessel Line and at worst the second line with Lupul and Clarkson)

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
It's unlikely, players aren't supposed to lose their spot because of an injury. If he comes back and sucks it's another story but I'd expect he'll be on the top line when he comes back

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
gDAcsyD.jpg

AlienWorkShop

No, Ben! No!
Oct 30, 2004
Wasn't there some guy who recorded every shift/key play for an individual player every Leaf game last year?

It'd be interesting to see a few such videos for Bozak. The 'advanced stats' are almost uniformly discouraging with Bozak, but as we all know they don't say everything, so it would be interesting to have a close look at how he does the little things.

Drugstorecowboi

May 5, 2009
Not quite

Bozak back on the top line, Holland back to the AHL and leave Smith centering Lupul and Clarkson since he's had good chemistry with both of them and Kadri can cool his heels on the third line until he's ready to "smarten up" and take back his 2nd line duties.

Could care less about "Smith's chemistry" because Holland is without a doubt - a much better player with more upside. Give a couple games with Holland and Lupul and you will see some new chemistry form.

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
I'd also like to see Holland stick around for at least a little bit.

He's put himself in good positions (in front of the net) noticeably. Could have had a tap-in but missed it (could be a bit stronger on his stick). Definitely looks like he has reasonable upside, and haven't noticed him making big mistakes.

Keep him for a bit, let him continue to feel out the game at the NHL level before sending him down to continue his development.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
I kinda feel bad for Bozak. He is getting ripped on, but its not his fault that he is being used as a first line centre. His possession and offensive game (including play-making) is not strong enough for 1-2 spot. Would be a good third liner though. Centre is a position that has been a weak spot of ours for years. Hopefully we can sign a UFA or make a trade to upgrade. With that we would be a solid team.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
I kinda feel bad for Bozak. He is getting ripped on, but its not his fault that he is being used as a first line centre. His possession and offensive game (including play-making) is not strong enough for 1-2 spot. Would be a good third liner though. Centre is a position that has been a weak spot of ours for years. Hopefully we can sign a UFA or make a trade to upgrade. With that we would be a solid team.

Shortly after Bozak was signed to his new deal on the Radio he was asked if he considers himself a #1C, and he said yes he does. All the years of the organization saying "We don't have anyone else for now so Bozak's the #1C" and now he actually believes he's a #1C :laugh:. He doesn't entirely deserve the hate he gets but then again I see other leafs getting crapped on more than him for minor reasons.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Shortly after Bozak was signed to his new deal on the Radio he was asked if he considers himself a #1C, and he said yes he does. All the years of the organization saying "We don't have anyone else for now so Bozak's the #1C" and now he actually believes he's a #1C :laugh:. He doesn't entirely deserve the hate he gets but then again I see other leafs getting crapped on more than him for minor reasons.

What else is he supposed to say?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
We haven't seen Bozak since this game. Ironic he may be coming back against the team he was hurt against. Let's see more of the same starting tomorrow night.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
We haven't seen Bozak since this game. Ironic he may be coming back against the team he was hurt against. Let's see more of the same starting tomorrow night.

Was a nice play by him. But those plays don't happen often enough to be considered a top centre. Every player on the team is trade-able, as team comes before the player. So if we can upgrade that spot, we would be silly not to, as it is a weak point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad