OT: Two Explosions @ Boston Marathon: Suspect #2 in Custody MOD WARNING IN OP

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Stay safe. :(
I will. My work is closed until they finish processing the crime scene. I work 2 blocks down from the 1st bombing. We didn't hear it and had no idea what was going on until we got texts/phone calls.

Terrifying.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I will. My work is closed until they finish processing the crime scene. I work 2 blocks down from the 1st bombing. We didn't hear it and had no idea what was going on until we got texts/phone calls.

Terrifying.

puts life in perspective, hockey doesnt really seem important when stuff like this happens

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver

Terrifying.

I can't even imagine.

Is cell phone reception still shut down there? I want to contact some of my relatives but I'm not sure if the call will make it through.

All NHL, NBA and MLB games seem to be cancelled in Boston for now.

Dain Bramaged

Mar 29, 2013
Vancouver
It seems pretty believable to me. If someone is going to send a message, or try and get a message across, they're going to do just that.

True, but that's one of the saddest facts of humankind. The extent to which someone or a group of people is willing to murder others at the expense of some form of message is disheartening.

What's even more disheartening, is that we've come to expect this kind of atrocity during times or events dedicated to helping others. There doesn't seem to be an excuse that can hold back this type of violence anymore. Not even children are spared.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
This is the little guy (Martin Richard) that was killed in this attack. His mother and sister have were also injured in the attack.
story about it: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...or-attack-id-martin-richard-article-1.1317909

martin-richard-3.jpg

After the Trayvon Martin shooting, he made this sign. :(

palefire

Jun 3, 2005
Small world. I'm two degrees of separation from both adults who were killed, apparently (for totally different reasons).

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
True, but that's one of the saddest facts of humankind. The extent to which someone or a group of people is willing to murder others at the expense of some form of message is disheartening.

What's even more disheartening, is that we've come to expect this kind of atrocity during times or events dedicated to helping others. There doesn't seem to be an excuse that can hold back this type of violence anymore. Not even children are spared.

It is disheartening, but sometimes it's the only way a person or group can get attention directed towards their message(s). It's really no surprise, to me anyways, that things like this happen.

Looking at major events of terrorism in the past, no event is off limits. It's sad, but when events like this get bombed, it draws peoples attention, which is the intent IMO. I don't think this was done just to injure and kill people. If this is indeed 100% terrorism, they have goals that are religious, political, or ideological - it wasn't just for fun or because they hate the US/government, IMO.

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011
I don't think this was done just to injure and kill people. If this is indeed 100% terrorism, they have goals that are religious, political, or ideological - it wasn't just for fun or because they hate the US/government, IMO.

If it was done for religious, political or ideological reasons then whoever is responsible has done an abysmal job of getting their views out there in relation to the attack.

Nobody has claimed responsibility, nevermind linked the attack to a specific belief or worldview..

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
suspect-2-profile-view-circled-high-res432times288_zps866b58da.png

So that is suspect 2. You can't see suspect 1's face too clearly but this guy's you can.

Also, anyone else think he looks like Tanev?

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
holy **** you guys. **** is going down in boston right now. flip over to the bruins thread on this subject. my god. I don't know if the situations are related, but suspects were throwing grenades at cops apparently and now the cops are retreating because of ieds on the road. ( i got this info from the boston thread).

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
holy **** you guys. **** is going down in boston right now. flip over to the bruins thread on this subject. my god. I don't know if the situations are related, but suspects were throwing grenades at cops apparently and now the cops are retreating because of ieds on the road. ( i got this info from the boston thread).

It's on CNN right now. Insane...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad