OT: Two Explosions @ Boston Marathon: Suspect #2 in Custody MOD WARNING IN OP

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Team1040 is covering it
http://www.teamradio.ca/

Amazing job by sekeres so far, calling a ton of people checking in on them.

This is just brutal, #RIP

Phone Line if you're seeking a relative/friend in Boston: 1-800-387-3124 or email [email protected]

Do Not Post Graphic Pictures, links are okay but please leave a warning if it's graphic.

UPDATE

Suspect #1 Killed during gunfight after he robbed a 7/11 with Suspect #2, then run over by Suspect #2 and Police fleeing the scene.

Suspect #2 is still at large, city-wide manhunt now in progress. (April 19th @ 12:48PM PST)

Last edited by a moderator:

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
They're saying 6 people are seriously injured right now... based on some of the graphic pictures just coming out, I'm guessing there are casualties.

Oh boy...

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
update my OT posting...

- the fire at the JFK library was unrelated. Confirmed mechanical fire with coincidental timing.

- bomb squad/counter terrorism saying there were multiple devices and at least 2 exploded.

windflare

May 31, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Ahh: @JoshElliottABC 4:21 PM
RT @AP BREAKING: Intelligence official: 2 more explosive devices found at Boston Marathon; being dismantled

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
Fox News and other media outlets are reporting the bombs were packed with ball bearings.

Lots of reports of limbs being lost... There are some links to graphic pictures on the Boston board... there are some seriously sick ****s in the world.

windflare

May 31, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
2126: Roupen Bastajian, a 35-year-old Rhode Island state trooper, had just finished the race and donned a heat blanket when he heard the first blast. "I started running toward the blast. And there were people all over the floor,'' he tells AP.

2126: Mr Bastajian adds: "We started grabbing tourniquets and started tying legs. A lot of people amputated... At least 25-30 people have at least one leg missing, or an ankle missing, or two legs missing.''

Bloody hell, from what it looked like, they were backpack/bag IEDs just there lying on the floor against the buildings, and when they were set off, ball bearings embedded and other shrapnel just took people out at the legs.

Treefingers

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 21, 2006
Vancouver
2126: Roupen Bastajian, a 35-year-old Rhode Island state trooper, had just finished the race and donned a heat blanket when he heard the first blast. "I started running toward the blast. And there were people all over the floor,'' he tells AP.

2126: Mr Bastajian adds: "We started grabbing tourniquets and started tying legs. A lot of people amputated... At least 25-30 people have at least one leg missing, or an ankle missing, or two legs missing.''

Bloody hell, from what it looked like, they were backpack/bag IEDs just there lying on the floor against the buildings, and when they were set off, ball bearings embedded and other shrapnel just took people out at the legs.

Jesus Christ.

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
There are way too many people in the world who get kicks out of people getting hurt.
Mostly people who have failed in our society, so love to see others get damaged.
Sick, but true.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Now saying they are treating the JFK fire as related. As is typical a ton of misinformation right now.

Some sources saying they have a suspect in custody and that person is on lockdown in one of the hospitals.

No intelligence or threats received by the city or organizing committee.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Oh ****... :facepalm:

If this is the work of Islamic terrorists, this country is going to have a nervous breakdown. Please let it be dumb white people who did this.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
I know Boylston Street well. Aside from my schooling in the area, my wife ran the 100th Boston while I cheered the runners on from the side of the road.

It's the end of innocence for the big marathons of the western world. Having also cheered my wife on in New York in 2011, man, I can't tell you how easy it would be for a nutbar to blow up lots of people watching that race. You had nothing to worry about, and now you have to seriously watch your back.

Respect Your Edler

Thank You 52
Sep 27, 2006
China
I know Boylston Street well. Aside from my schooling in the area, my wife ran the 100th Boston while I cheered the runners on from the side of the road.

It's the end of innocence for the big marathons of the western world. Having also cheered my wife on in New York in 2011, man, I can't tell you how easy it would be for a nutbar to blow up lots of people watching that race. You had nothing to worry about, and now you have to seriously watch your back.

Yeah, a few idiots are going to ruin it for everyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad