OT: Two Explosions @ Boston Marathon: Suspect #2 in Custody MOD WARNING IN OP

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
I'm surprised the guy didn't suicide. I know suiciding is against their religion but if he wanted he could of easily gotten the cops to shoot him.

he's just a kid. probably can not bring himself to do it. if it was the older brother it would of happened.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
He wasn't going to get his penalty lowered by turning himself in. He carried one of the backpack bombs. I'm just surprised that they didn't make plans for a getaway.

Yea agree with hammer this was a huge attack, he is screwed regardless. A small boy died, he's done for life.

I dont understand the robbing of the 7-11, then letting the guy whose car they hijacked go, then go kill an MIT officer, then run. It was like they wanted to get caught or lure in cops to IDE traps and kill police. But i still dont understand the entire thing.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
Wouldn't be surprised if the younger brother just got sucked along by the older radical brother.

Yeah reading his twitter account he seemed like a normal kid. Had a good sense of humor too seems like. He had a ton of friends and grew up in the US and could speak English perfectly unlike his older brother who had difficulties adjusting to North America.

His tweets are very interesting. Kind of give you a peek inside his head.
Jahar ‏@J_tsar 15 Jan

I don't argue with fools who say islam is terrorism it's not worth a thing, let an idiot remain an idiot

Jahar ‏@J_tsar 29 May

i didn't become a lifeguard to just chill and get paid, i do it for the people, saving lives brings me joy #lifeguardoftheyear

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Yeah reading his twitter account he seemed like a normal kid. Had a good sense of humor too seems like. He had a ton of friends and grew up in the US and could speak English perfectly unlike his older brother who had difficulties adjusting to North America.

Jahar ‏@J_tsar 15 Jan

I don't argue with fools who say islam is terrorism it's not worth a thing, let an idiot remain an idiot

Jahar ‏@J_tsar 29 May

i didn't become a lifeguard to just chill and get paid, i do it for the people, saving lives brings me joy #lifeguardoftheyear

Very strange

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Yea agree with hammer this was a huge attack, he is screwed regardless. A small boy died, he's done for life.

I dont understand the robbing of the 7-11, then letting the guy whose car they hijacked go, then go kill an MIT officer, then run. It was like they wanted to get caught or lure in cops to IDE traps and kill police. But i still dont understand the entire thing.

The robbery was unrelated, they didn't do that although it was initially reported that they did.

Jahar ‏@J_tsar 15 Jan

Jahar ‏@J_tsar 29 May

Wow, if this is him, this guy was tweeting after the attack up until around the time their photos were released. I think that these guys thought that if they stayed low profile, they were going to get away with it. Reading the tweets, he doesn't seem radicalized.

https://twitter.com/J_tsar/status/323997583372599297

@MelloChamp and they what "god hates dead people?" Or victims of tragedies? Lol those people are cooked

Seems like he's calling out those nutbars in the WBC for picketing funerals.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
The robbery was unrelated, they didn't do that although it was initially reported that they did.

I read that to on the boston bruins forum earlier today, but where did you read that? CNN and abc were still reporting during the day they robbed the 711 and as recently as right now... Although cnn has been behind embarrassingly so.

Also where did that 7-11 grey hoody picture come from then? Or did they just go into the 7-11 because that makes a lot more sense to me, but I dont know how news outlets can still be so far behind that they are still reporting they robbed the 7-11. If so pretty sad. Either way I am still awaiting confirmation as it seems to be conflicting reports.

Last edited:

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
I read that to on the boston bruins forum earlier today, but where did you read that? CNN and abc were still reporting during the day they robbed the 711 and as recently as right now... Although cnn has been behind embarrassingly so.

Also where did that 7-11 grey hoody picture come from then? Or did they just go into the 7-11 because that makes a lot more sense to me, but I dont know how news outlets can still be so far behind that they are still reporting they robbed the 7-11. If so pretty sad. Either way I am still awaiting confirmation as it seems to be conflicting reports.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/19/justice/boston-marathon-timeline/index.html

Late Thursday: A robbery is reported at a convenience store. Massachusetts State Police spokesman Col. Timothy Alben initially said the two bombing suspects robbed the store. He later backtracked, saying the two men didn't rob a store, but one of the suspects was seen on security video from the store.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012

Well First of all that report seems conflicting.... all in one sentence. So I dont think we can quite say for sure yet.

I dont know what to think either because I just turned on cnn and they did a timeline of events and mentioned they robbed the store....this tv report was an hour ago.

It does not make sense to me but I have no idea why they are still reporting it. Following the story all last night and online today they (cnn) seemed to be drastically behind getting facts mixed up, they showed video of a man laying on a street last night live and then reported it 2 hours later as "moments ago" we were laughing about it. Also claiming 9000 police were in the area which apparently was reference to an internet meme.

However I believe it makes more sense they did not rob it.

Last edited:

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Well First of all that report seems conflicting.... all in one sentence. So I dont think we can quite say for sure yet.

I dont know what to think either because I just turned on cnn and they did a timeline of events and mentioned they robbed the store....this tv report was an hour ago.

It does not make sense to me but I have no idea why they are still reporting it. Following the story all last night and online today they (cnn) seemed to be drastically behind getting facts mixed up, they showed video of a man laying on a street last night live and then reported it 2 hours later as "moments ago" we were laughing about it. Also claiming 9000 police were in the area which apparently was reference to an internet meme.

Which leaves us with the question, why did they blow their cover by killing that cop on campus? Did he recognize them from the photos? Why did they hijack a car, admit to the driver that they were the bombers, and then let him escape unharmed?

Nov 1, 2011

It does not make sense to me but I have no idea why they are still reporting it. Following the story all last night and online today they (cnn) seemed to be drastically behind getting facts mixed up, they showed video of a man laying on a street last night live and then reported it 2 hours later as "moments ago" we were laughing about it. Also claiming 9000 police were in the area which apparently was reference to an internet meme in reality.

I would suggest that CNN is spending too much money on production and not enough on actual reporters and fact checkers.

In general the US media should be ashamed of themselves. The one that takes the cake for me is the NY Post posting the photo of a 17 year old kid as a suspect on the front page despite him not actually being a suspect...must have been rough being that kid.

Glad they caught/killed the guys that allegedly perpetrated the attacks, I hope the one that lived faces a trial/admits guilt the right way, not in a forced or questionable manner...I suppose innocent until proven guilty still applies here but early evidence seems really compelling.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
I would suggest that CNN is spending too much money on production and not enough on actual reporters and fact checkers.

In general the US media should be ashamed of themselves. The one that takes the cake for me is the NY Post posting the photo of a 17 year old kid as a suspect on the front page despite him not actually being a suspect...must have been rough being that kid.

If I was that 17 year old kid, I'd lawyer up and sue the NY Post.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Which leaves us with the question, why did they blow their cover by killing that cop on campus? Did he recognize them from the photos? Why did they hijack a car, admit to the driver that they were the bombers, and then let him escape unharmed?

Yes very good questions, all ones i still cant figure out.

Someone on the bruins forum came up with the idea they let the guy whose car they jacked live so he could confirm to police they were the bombers because they wanted fame from it, he claimed in typical "Muslim extremist form." They want the glory.

I dont know if that is typical of them, especially american's who had lived in the country for years, I am still perplexed regarding the entire situation.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012

Oh cnn handling of this from those of us listening on scanners, and following online all night was an absolute joke. I am only 28 but thinking back to when i was a kid in the 90's listening to cnn news reports from them scares me now at how badly informed i likely was...

Only reason i tuned in was because it was the only channel at the moment in hd i seen that was still covering it.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Last night I commented on the 9000 police officers because cnn in those words said we are hearing 9000 law officials are on the scene. While I thought this number sounded absurdly high, I am a canadian and knowing little about american/boston state law enforcement numbers I believed them. And assumed cnn knew what it was saying.

After i commented on it in the bruins forum, several users laughed at cnn and told me that was an internet meme and could not believe they were reporting it.

Apparently its from dragon ball z anime show or something.....These are the type of outlets many people still rely on for news...

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
If thats the case, why not turn himself in right away, explain the situation, and he might not get life in prison or death.

The penalty could have been lowered, now there is an officer also dead, more hurt people, and a giant **** show.

No sympathy.

I don't think he meant that he was unwilling. More like he wanted to do this because his brother wanted to.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Want to know why he didn't commit suicide? He believes it's selfish. He actually has a tweet about it. Stood by his words, when he could've easily pulled the plug.

To be honest, I don't care for those people that wanna commit suicide, your life b, do what you think will make you happy #selfishbastards

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Want to know why he didn't commit suicide? He believes it's selfish. He actually has a tweet about it. Stood by his words, when he could've easily pulled the plug.

Really sounds like he thought he could melt into the crowd and just get away with it. I doubt that life in a super-max or on death row was what he had in mind. The older brother had explosives strapped to his chest, but he didn't seem to from his arrest photo. I wonder if the older brother pushed him into it, convinced him he'd get away with it, so he went along for the ride?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Really sounds like he thought he could melt into the crowd and just get away with it. I doubt that life in a super-max or on death row was what he had in mind. The older brother had explosives strapped to his chest, but he didn't seem to from his arrest photo. I wonder if the older brother pushed him into it, convinced him he'd get away with it, so he went along for the ride?

So many questions, no answers though. Reading through his tweets, some really make you wonder, but the same case could be made for most people if they did the same thing, but some of his tweets just stand right out.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
So many questions, no answers though. Reading through his tweets, some really make you wonder, but the same case could be made for most people if they did the same thing, but some of his tweets just stand right out.
Yeah I read every single tweet of his(no life) today and thought it was very intriguing stuff.

Happy he's alive so they can get answers out of him.

CM-

Mar 15, 2007
Edmonton
He could of have gotten the cops to shoot at him. (does that still count as suicide lol ?)

Yes usually called Police aided suicide (or Suicide by Cop) The most memorable (for me anyways) where a person tried to take a machete to the cops and was demanding them to shoot him instead the Cops tazered him and arrested him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad