OT: TV and Movie Suggestions for the Self Isolated

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I just finished watching The Kings a 4 part documentary on Haggler, Hearns, Duran and Leonard.

Man those were some great fights. Its on Crave I believe.

As a former Boxing fan in my younger years that truly was the golden era talent wise. Kind of odd I can’t watch boxing anymore. Not sure if it’s just aging or maybe I have learned too much about brain trauma.

Last edited:
Reactions: schmockeyknife

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So in the wake of Kamloops and subsequent discoveries and also as we face an era when the 4th estate is imploding I thought I would take time to watch the masterpiece “spotlight” again. It’s on Prime video and if you haven’t seen the movie it’s a must watch.

Written in an era when the craft of journalism was held to a higher standard.

Last edited:

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
@MrBoJangelz71

Finished off Season 1 of Hacks and so I must have enjoyed it since I started it Wednesday night lol.

Jean Smart really crushed her role as as Debra Vance. I enjoy character development in writing and I thought they really got that recipe right between the two leads.
We finished it fairly quickly as well. Solid first season, agree with your review of Smart’s performance and the chemistry between her and Ava. Enjoyed Mcdonald’s ( shooter Mcgavin) character Marty as well and I like the direction season 2 looks to be headed in.

schmockeyknife

Apr 7, 2021
not yet, how is it?

a bit over the top i thought but still worth a watch. there's some meaningless guts and gore and several holes in the plot but i wasn't bored and crowe was outstanding as usual.

it's reminiscent of "falling down" with michael douglas (great movie). except from a road rage perspective.

Last edited:
Reactions: ps241

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Knives Out is a must see movie for fans of the murder (or is it?) mystery genre. Rian Johnson has shot up my list of writer/directors to keep an eye out for.

Reactions: Jets 31

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Through the first 2 episodes, White Lotus has been excellent and would highly recommend it.

Animal Kingdom Season 5 started up, 2 episodes in it picked up right were it left off 3 years ago. Great series if you are looking for something to get into.

And if you want something to laugh at I recommend the following:

Reactions: thereturn

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Into season two of Mr Inbetween, and Aussie crime/drama. Very quirky but I love it. It reminds me of Pulp Fiction meets Snatch. Even the slow unrelated parts are entertaining.

Love that show. Creator and star Scott Ryan just nails the "hit man with a heart of gold" persona. You couldn't ask for a better friend, or a worse enemy. I just watched the series finale and loved it. It's the perfect end to the show. I don't want to give away anything but the final close-up of Ray before the end credits roll had me laughing and applauding because unlike the Soprano's fade to black, where you're left wondering about Tony's fate, you absolutely know with certainty what is about to happen from that point forward. :laugh:

Reactions: Howard Chuck

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So I got free Apple TV trial and decided to try Ted Lasso and The Morning Show.

Ted Lasso is light but I have found it easy to watch.

The Morning Show is heavy and I am only half way through the first episode. We’ll see.

Last edited:

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I’m eagerly awaiting the October release of The Many Saints Of Newark. The prequel to the Sopranos starring James Gandolfini’s son as young Tony.

Ray Liotta also Co-stars as Christopher’s grandfather.

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille