ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
“Happy Valley” (a sarcastic term in this case) was recommended by Brent Butt on his Twitter feed so I watched the first episode and I really liked it. It’s British, and it’s a tense drama of a female cop on the hunt for an assailant with all sorts of fascinating family dynamics. First season was six episodes and I finished it in two days.

I definitely recommend it. Dark but well written and well acted.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The first few episodes of Goliath's season 4 haven't been as good as past episodes.

Interesting I didn’t enjoy Season 3 as much because I thought Quaid was not a great heel (William Hirt being the gold standard). I tended to like season 4 a bit more but it just goes to show that personal preference can very.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
"Bad Sport" on Netflix.

It's a Non-Fiction Documentary TV Series about Sports, that includes:

Inside Betting.
Murders.
Sabotaging.
All Around Craziness.

Last edited:
Reactions: ryerockarola

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
In the off chance I'm the first one to recommend "Squid Game" -- and I went back three pages but that's enough for plausible deniability -- let me recommend "Squid Game" :)

Reactions: ps241

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
In the off chance I'm the first one to recommend "Squid Game" -- and I went back three pages but that's enough for plausible deniability -- let me recommend "Squid Game" :)

upload_2021-10-11_21-19-47.png

:DD

Reactions: AlphaLackey

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
Big Mouth on Netflix

OMFG! If you are offended by tame stuff like south park - DON'T watch this. I am halfway through season 2 and I absolutely have no idea how they get away with some of these items (because if a cartoon, then it is fine apparently) but amazingly done and hillarious. A bunch of SNL alum do the voices (Maya Rudolph, Fred Armisen, etc).

Basic theme is 12-13 year old junior high kids and thier transition into puberty (the hormone monsters absolutely steal the show).

Great watch if you want to laugh and blush at the same time.....

Cypruss

Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
Wheel of Time series on Amazon.

It's like Game of Thrones, but way better.

I may be a bit biased, I read the 14 huge books thirty years ago and enjoyed them much more than lord of the rings and hobbit series for sure. The shows are spot on so far.....is anyone is watching and are not understanding some of the angles, you can message me and I would be happy to try to explain....like I said, there were 14 books between 700 -1100 pages each to tell this story....it is amazing!

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
“8-bit Christmas” was an excellent watch. It’s basically a more modern version of A Christmas Story based in the late 1980’s, with Nintendo. If you grew up in the 80’s, it will bring back memories.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I thought Peaky Blinders on Netflix was excellent, definitely need to watch with sub titles, heavy British accents.

It’s excellant and yes to the subtitles especially when Alfie Solomons is talking.

Reactions: Gotaf7

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Wheel of Time series on Amazon.

It's like Game of Thrones, but way better.

I may be a bit biased, I read the 14 huge books thirty years ago and enjoyed them much more than lord of the rings and hobbit series for sure. The shows are spot on so far.....is anyone is watching and are not understanding some of the angles, you can message me and I would be happy to try to explain....like I said, there were 14 books between 700 -1100 pages each to tell this story....it is amazing!

I'm really likening it as well. I prefer the LOTR and GOT more, but I think they are doing a great job with the WOT show.

Reactions: Cypruss

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Just wait........it's very early....

Not sure what you mean? I've read all the novels for all 3 as well. There is a lot of material, and some obviously won't make it to the show.

I was just saying it's really good, and I'm loving the show, but I don't have the novels at the LOTR level personally.

Cypruss

Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
Not sure what you mean? I've read all the novels for all 3 as well.
Early in the WOT story is all I meant, didn't know you had read WOT as well. Not sure how many seasons they will produce to tell the story, but still in the infancy of the series (on the screen).

Reactions: Huffer

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Early in the WOT story is all I meant, didn't know you had read WOT as well. Not sure how many seasons they will produce to tell the story, but still in the infancy of the series (on the screen).

Oh yeah, there is a ton of material. I thought I read somewhere that the showrunner is hoping for 8 seasons.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
So the girlfriend told me to get out of the kitchen so she could make dinner. Told me to go find something to do.

Decided to browse through this thread in case there were shows I wasn't familiar with to check out. Thought I'd add a few of my own:

Justified-with Timothy Olyphant was fantastic.

Orphan Black-felt it got better as it went along.

Bob's Burgers-for anyone into animated TV shows

Banshee-was sad to see this one end. Not for all tastes.

Longmire-small town sheriff series.

Corner Gas-I can watch this over and over.

The truth is there is so much out there to watch you'd have to live 10 lives to watch just a fraction of it.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Oh yeah, there is a ton of material. I thought I read somewhere that the showrunner is hoping for 8 seasons.

4.4 million words.
To put it in context the entire LOTR trilogy is 575,000.
Some of the 8 seasons will need to be condensed down from over 2000 pages because they will be doing 2 books a season after this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad