OT: TV and Movie Suggestions for the Self Isolated

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
So I got free Apple TV trial and decided to try Ted Lasso and The Morning Show.

Ted Lasso is light but I have found it easy to watch.

The Morning Show is heavy and I am only half way through the first episode. We’ll see.
Defending Jacob is excellent.

If you like M Night Shyamalan… “Servant” season 1 was good. Season 2 was “meh”.

Also the Bill Murray movie “On The Rocks” was really good.

Reactions: ps241

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
There's a NHL Rookie Game on Youtube right now between Sens and Habs Prospects.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I went to the public premiere of 'Maixabel' yesterday morning, at the San Sebastian International Film Festival. The film deals guilt and forgiveness in the context of the violence and terrorism that took place in the Spanish Basque Country at the hands of the ETA and the police.

Experiencing the film at a theatre surrounded by people who were connected to the history was pretty moving. By the end there was hardly a dry eye in the house, applause throughout most of the credits, and then near silence while they finished and while we slowly filed out.

I still don't know a whole lot about the history itself, but came away with a big appreciation for the wide variety of different emotions and perspectives that remain after the violence has stopped.

I hope that once it's done in theatres it has a wider release on streaming platforms.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn 99 wrapped up this past week, and for any fans out there, I thought the final 2 episodes were 2 of the better episodes.

Ted Lasso has been very enjoyable this season.

Animal Kingdom current season has also been very good

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Season 2 of Anna Kendrick’s “Love Life” is coming out soon too. First season was absolutely fantastic. Although this new season sounds like Kendrick will be taking a back seat and it will be based around the guy she met at the end.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
If you enjoy Black Mirror, I recommend giving the Amazon series “Soulmates” a watch. Each episode is a completely different story. I’d suggest sticking with it even if you don’t like the first episode or two, because episodes 4-6 were excellent. Especially episode 6…that was one of best episodes I’ve seen of any show, ever.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Just watching the 1st episode of the brand new season 4 of Goliath and I love this series.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Midnight Mass on Netflix is great. Halfway through the season... love the mood and vibe of the show.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I saw a movie from 2010 a week ago. Due Date starring Downey Jr. and Galfianakis. It's notable for it's extreme mediocrity and a certain response that it elicited in me that I would describe as "muted annoyance." It's f***ing Planes Trains and Automobiles without the originality, humor and humanity! Honestly hard to imagine the two leads taking those roles but I guess a paycheck is a paycheck. Anyway, it reminds me of a couple other films that I've seen that gave me a very similar vibe. First, Air America starring Downey Jr again along with Mel Gibson. I remember being really annoyed by that one because it was mostly trying to capture a Good Morning Vietnam vibe but it was just so dumb and mediocre. I only really remember the scene of Gibson coloring in the back of the plane when he's supposed to be piloting the thing. Oh what a zany maverick! The other one was a film called Pushing Tin about an air traffic controller played by John Cusack. I really can't remember anything about the film except that it annoyed the hell out of me and was really boring.

So, there you go...a triumvirate of crappy movies for you to fill some Covid time with! Thank me later. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Anyone watched/watching For All Mankind on Apple+? It's pretty cool...alt history where the Soviets land on the moon first and that fallout from that.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Anyone watched/watching For All Mankind on Apple+? It's pretty cool...alt history where the Soviets land on the moon first and that fallout from that.

Speaking of alt history, that reminds me of a movie so bad it has to be seen...

MV5BYzY5OGYzZjEtYmJmMi00MjhkLWFiZjktZTQwNTJiYjQzOGUyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA4NjE0NjEy._V1_.jpg

Nazis in a giant, swastika shaped moon base? With B-movie God Udo Kier? How can you go wrong? :laugh:

Reactions: Gm0ney
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad