OT: TV and Movie Suggestions for the Self Isolated

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I'm not sure what streaming service it may be on but Taboo is f***ing fantastic.

As ps241 has stated, Tom Hardy is one helluva actor.

I know of an awesome site for straming this among many other shows/movies. PM me if you want the site.

Reactions: ps241

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Is it gratuities violence or does it fit? How is the plot. I am not usually into action for the sake of action I am more plot driven 1st and ok with violence 2nd.

The last John Wick sucked for me and I bailed 20 minutes into it.

I think it fits, but then I liked the first two JW movies so maybe I'm not the best judge of what is and isn't gratuitous. :laugh: It's got an interesting story arc, and it's very well written and acted. It's more plot driven than action, but when the violence does come... holy shit, strap on the harness and prepare for a thrill ride. Is it excessive and graphic? Hell yeah, but I think it speaks to the ruthlessness and amorality of the parties involved. Collateral damage does not seem to ever be a concern.

Reactions: ps241

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I'm not sure what streaming service it may be on but Taboo is f***ing fantastic.

Indeed. It sounds like there are still plans for season two and maybe a third, according to the creator. Covid had a part in delaying things but hopefully TH can fit it into his schedule this year so filming can resume.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think it fits, but then I liked the first two JW movies so maybe I'm not the best judge of what is and isn't gratuitous. :laugh: It's got an interesting story arc, and it's very well written and acted. It's more plot driven than action, but when the violence does come... holy shit, strap on the harness and prepare for a thrill ride. Is it excessive and graphic? Hell yeah, but I think it speaks to the ruthlessness and amorality of the parties involved. Collateral damage does not seem to ever be a concern.

I liked JW #1 & #2 but tapped out early in #3.

this sounds like something I would like.

Nov 24, 2006
Mayans MC good but a couple weak episodes this season.

started watching Mosquito Coast on Apple TV, pretty good although the reviews say otherwise!
I read the book and watched the movie with Harrison Ford.

Just saw the Apple trailer for this one - it’s a completely different premise?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Just watched the first 2 seasons of this...

8f4a0a4358e52586b640edc79081f770.png

It's one of those you might have to watch more than once to figure it out.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Really enjoying the Young Rock, love the wrestling references, very funny.

Rutherford Falls has been a pleasant surprise. If you like Parks and Rec type humor you will probably enjoy this.

Top Chef Canada and US are both very good with their new seasons.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Funny Summertime should = less TV, but we have the TV on the deck and have been watching shows outside most evenings now. A couple of shows that I really enjoyed are:

Cruel Summer - Many curves and interesting twists, along with a very interesting plot. Enjoyed this immensely and ripped through the single season in less than a week.

Hacks - Edgy comedy that really grew on me the more I watched. Funny and gets 100% on Rotten.

We started watching Kevin can F#ck Himself. Wasn't sure what to think after the first show, but started growing on me over the past 2 episode.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Happy Death Day and Happy Death Day 2U are both kind of fun and have a unique concept. Think of them as a twisted version of groundhog's day. Arguably the second one might even be better than the first one. If you watch them, don't skip the credits, as the second one has an extra scene (not sure about the first one).

Reactions: drumzan

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Happy Death Day and Happy Death Day 2U are both kind of fun and have a unique concept. Think of them as a twisted version of groundhog's day. Arguably the second one might even be better than the first one. If you watch them, don't skip the credits, as the second one has an extra scene (not sure about the first one).
They picked the perfect lead actress.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Funny Summertime should = less TV, but we have the TV on the deck and have been watching shows outside most evenings now. A couple of shows that I really enjoyed are:

Cruel Summer - Many curves and interesting twists, along with a very interesting plot. Enjoyed this immensely and ripped through the single season in less than a week.

Hacks - Edgy comedy that really grew on me the more I watched. Funny and gets 100% on Rotten.

We started watching Kevin can F#ck Himself. Wasn't sure what to think after the first show, but started growing on me over the past 2 episode.

ok so I read this post. Then I watched the trailer for Hacks and decide to upgrade my Crave to Crave + Movie’s and I am on episode 2 of Hacks and I am enjoying the two lead actors. Both are well written parts.

Thanks Bo I was in a slump.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBoJangelz71

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
@MrBoJangelz71

Finished off Season 1 of Hacks and so I must have enjoyed it since I started it Wednesday night lol.

Jean Smart really crushed her role as as Debra Vance. I enjoy character development in writing and I thought they really got that recipe right between the two leads.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
I just finished watching The Kings a 4 part documentary on Haggler, Hearns, Duran and Leonard.

Man those were some great fights. Its on Crave I believe.

Reactions: schmockeyknife
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad