OT: TV and Movie Suggestions for the Self Isolated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Hey, has anyone mentioned Dark? Wow one of my favorites in he past few years. It’s subtitled from German but so worth it. I actually printed out a family chart from the interwebs. Those who have seen it will understand.

two seasons and a third set to drop later this month.

It f***ing amazingly complicated and thought provoking.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Hey, has anyone mentioned Dark? Wow one of my favorites in he past few years. It’s subtitled from German but so worth it. I actually printed out a family chart from the interwebs. Those who have seen it will understand.

Good to hear. I was planning to check it out once I finish binging Stranger Things.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Netflix?

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Just finished binge watching 3 seasons of Babylon Berlin on Netflix, tremendous. Watch with subtitles and not dubs, otherwise unwatchable.

I’m a huge fan of British dramas, mostly crime ones.

Happy Valley
Broadchurch
Marcella
River
The Stranger

Loved Fleabag, Olivia Coleman is awesome in everything she does.

I assume Peaky Blinders has been mentioned in this thread.

Derry Girls might be one of the funniest sitcoms I’ve seen in years. Brilliantly written and acted, every character adds to the show.

Reactions: ps241

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Started watching that Epstein documentary, 2 episodes , man there are terrible people in this world. :mad:

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Just finished binge watching 3 seasons of Babylon Berlin on Netflix, tremendous. Watch with subtitles and not dubs, otherwise unwatchable.

I’m a huge fan of British dramas, mostly crime ones.

Happy Valley
Broadchurch
Marcella
River
The Stranger

Loved Fleabag, Olivia Coleman is awesome in everything she does.

I assume Peaky Blinders has been mentioned in this thread.

Derry Girls might be one of the funniest sitcoms I’ve seen in years. Brilliantly written and acted, every character adds to the show.
I’ve been binging S03 of Marcella since it came out yesterday and it is EXCELLENT.

River and Broadchurch are two of my other favs too.

Reactions: Ducky10

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Started watching that Epstein documentary, 2 episodes , man there are terrible people in this world. :mad:

We thought of watching it, but I know it will boil my blood and disturb me immensely. Hopefully all involved burn a slow misery in hell when its all said and done

Reactions: Jets 31

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
I’m surprised they didn’t even really touch on all the blackmail he’s alleged to be involved in. Perhaps were concerned about legal ramifications of discussing the topic.

Reactions: Jets 31

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I’ve watched all three seasons of Goliath. They were all very good. BBT is a fantastic in that role.

Just finished season 3 and really liked where it landed. Looking forward to the next season whenever it drops. I am slowly working my way through Narcos right now.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We thought of watching it, but I know it will boil my blood and disturb me immensely. Hopefully all involved burn a slow misery in hell when its all said and done
Don't watch it, you will lose your shit . I'm not sure i even want to watch the rest because i was getting dizzy from all my head shaking. :shakehead

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
I loved The Killing. Such a great series. The two lead actors are also in the Hanna series on Amazon.
I swear the writers of the Killing hated their viewers. Great show but the ending for each season was not too good.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I can’t disagree with you. Season was excellent, ending was kinda “meh”. Still a great series though.
Yeah agreed, enjoyed the season but it’s like they got to the last episode and went “how the f*** does this end”? Lol.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Some older series worth watching:

Treme - near the top of my favorites (Lucia Micarelli is awesome)
The Killing - first 3 seasons were pretty good but season 4 is a bit of a letdown.
Deadwood - also near the top of my favorites
Carnivale - was good
Supernatural - the older seasons 1 - 5 I thought were great, seasons 6 - 15 were pretty good

Newer ones

Carnival Row - season 1 was good
Altered Carbon - season 1 was good, season 2 I did not like

I loved Deadwood. Ian McShane is amazing, the whole cast really.

Ticked me off Carnivale didn't get the end it deserved.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
I just watched Deadwood and enjoyed it but thought it lacked a good ending. I think it would have been better if the movie continued and concluded the final episode.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Just finished watching Russian Doll on Netflix and would definitely recommend it.

Has a Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind kinda vibe, which is a favourite movie of mine. Really funny, very weird and whacky, witty and it makes you think. Amy Poehler is a writer.

Last edited:

enuffidiotsalready

Nov 25, 2019
I just watched Deadwood and enjoyed it but thought it lacked a good ending. I think it would have been better if the movie continued and concluded the final episode.
2 movies would have been better.

Thought they did a pretty good job considering all the obstacles they faced; not the least of which being Milch having Alzheimer's now.

I've read at least one good writeup about the whole deadwood movie process (I want to say by Alan Sepinwall).

I'm a big fan of David Milch and his work. Underappreciated and man that guy had some tough luck over the years ...

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Currently watching Yellowstone on Paramount

the Godfather meets Dallas with a little mix of Breaking Bad ..... not a bad show

as well, not sure if will be on, but Pennyworth was pretty good. Show has a 60s vibe to it ......... Was on last summer on Show Case .....

Last edited:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Currently watching Yellowstone on Paramount

the Godfather meets Dallas with a little mix of Breaking Bad ..... not a bad show

as well, not sure if will be on, but Pennyworth was pretty good. Show has a 60s vibe to it ......... Was on last summer on Show Case .....

I enjoyed Pennyworth. It has been renewed for a second season but I expect covid has had an effect on production.

Reactions: SUX2BU

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
The Drew Carey Show is perhaps one of the funniest shows ever. Wish I could Stream it, Download it, or buy the DVDs
But you can only get the First season. Some weird copyright law preventing the legitimate sale of the show as some of the music used is write protected..
You can get Pirate DVDs from China but that’s it..
Hoping Netflix/Or Prome will get the rights someday.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Watched the movie The Night Clerk on Netflix. That gets a recommend from me. Tye Sheridan does an unbelievable job acting. And it has some unexpected humor.

For those that enjoy true crime documentaries, “I’ll Be Gone In The Dark” on Crave is excellent. 2 episodes released so far. It’s about the Golden State Killer, and Patton Oswalt’s wife who wrote about the crimes.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Just committed $10 a month for Crave TV for a stretch. Want to indulge in The Wire again. It’s so crazy old school season one the Cops are working with typewriters still.

Also need to catch up on Curb. Also might want to catch up on True Detective season 1.

I Will have my hands full for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad