TSN Overdrive and other Toronto Sports Media V4

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yep. Hes been great as a segment/ fill in and Im excited that he's full time. He should be good with Marek, though, I wouldnt mind him on Good Show.

Cant help but think this may be the beginning of the end of Stewart ...
Marek - poster boy for jock sniffer / professional groupie.

Reactions: Fred Sheeran

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
I like listening to Ashley Docking in the mornings, I think she might fit that bill rather nicely.
Same here. I think that Ashley, Zigomanis and Scotty Mac are developing a nice chemistry together. The show is becoming progressively more entertaining as well. There was a good bit today about Zigomanis and a few teammates secretly following Kevin Weeks in their car because they had no idea what he does, or who he hangs out with, after games. Weeks caught on, u-turned on the highway, and gave them the bird from his car. LOL

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Same here. I think that Ashley, Zigomanis and Scotty Mac are developing a nice chemistry together. The show is becoming progressively more entertaining as well. There was a good bit today about Zigomanis and a few teammates secretly following Kevin Weeks in their car because they had no idea what he does, or who he hangs out with, after games. Weeks caught on, u-turned on the highway, and gave them the bird from his car. LOL

LOL, that's funny. Yeah it's not just Ashley, they all seem to be pretty good. Certainly much better then listening to Landsberg/Colaiacovo, like not even close.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Indeed. Nobody follows someone ironically for any extended period of time, let alone repeatedly quotes them.

Like Peter Mansbridge, she's good with a script. Peter Mansbridge is dull as dishwater (and not too bright) when it's him without a script to read. Ditto here. The banter heavy world of talk radio/tv requires fast thinking and lots of personality. The perfect type of personality to host something like a hockey discussion show: Kathryn Humphreys formerly of Citytv: energetic, comfortable bantering with the boys, fast thinking... Surely there must be personalities like this in the industry. I think it's just a reflection of a bloated corporation filled with managerial mediocrity to match what we see on the air who just unimaginatively promoted someone above their level of competency.
Tessa Bonhomme would be much better if they feel they need a female in the chair.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
okay there's nothing wrong with being polite. I don't expect anyone to just rush up and grab my bags, or whatever fr me, but i would like to think if someone noticed me struggling they'd help - just like I'd do for someone if i saw them struggling.

(also that's not what the me too movement is at all).

with all of that being said - It sounds like Andi was expecting help and didn't open her mouth. which means tough poop for her.
lots of us help when we notice you are struggling............................. but dont whine like an entitled little bitch condemning "men" because two selfish or simply( unaware) "men" didnt notice you were struggling.

It aint worth even mentioning while its going on........let alone taking to the opening of a sports radio show.

Andi is brutal and should not have a show. 20 minute guess half way through the show at most.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I'm really enjoying Marek, Stewart and Bourne at lunchtime. It's funny how much fun Overdrive is but in every other timeslot, 590 wins. I've enjoyed Writers Bloc as well.

Reactions: garce

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
upload_2019-11-13_14-51-53.jpeg

Who cares

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So I guess Jeff's podcast is dead before it got started? He and David Alter released a video a couple weeks ago announcing their new podcast... and nothing since. Now Jeff says he is stepping away from public stuff for a while.

I do hope he freezes the subscriptions on his site. He charges $5 a month for it and has had 3 posts since August. I'd feel bad for anyone paying that monthly and not getting anything back.

I'm far from a fan of Jeff, or more specifically, how he goes about things, but nothing wrong with a mental break and I hope he finds whatever he is looking for

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
So I guess Jeff's podcast is dead before it got started? He and David Alter released a video a couple weeks ago announcing their new podcast... and nothing since. Now Jeff says he is stepping away from public stuff for a while.

I do hope he freezes the subscriptions on his site. He charges $5 a month for it and has had 3 posts since August. I'd feel bad for anyone paying that monthly and not getting anything back.

I'm far from a fan of Jeff, or more specifically, how he goes about things, but nothing wrong with a mental break and I hope he finds whatever he is looking for

Not to be unsympathetic - but the guy is awful. I hope he stays away from the public eye.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
If people hate Andi so much why do they still tune in to then come here and complain about what Andi has said? its a terrible show (not just Andi everyone involved) so i dont listen to it. If you hate something so much, for your own mental sanity dont keep listening to it
Everyone is a masochist, some more than others.

Reactions: Walshy7

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Overdrive boys and (surprisingly) Button speaking truths right now.

Always the same platitudes from Babcock, what the f*** do any of his phrases mean at this point.

Well they were on a roll, then Noodles rambled on and pfft.

Reactions: Erdinger

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
The Isles are the perfect example of how a mediocre team can be outstanding if the coach implements a solid D system. Its been five years and Babs still doesn't have anything close to a recognizable system.

Dubas needs to grow a pair and fire the head coach.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
If people hate Andi so much why do they still tune in to then come here and complain about what Andi has said? its a terrible show (not just Andi everyone involved) so i dont listen to it. If you hate something so much, for your own mental sanity dont keep listening to it

I'm a huge Leafs fan and consume pretty much anything Leafs related and I can't listen to Leafs Lunch

Either talk the team in depth or be entertaining, that show is neither which is a bit of an effort

A lot of stuff is becoming difficult to consume if you don't want to go into off topic tangents (especially politics)

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd

Always the same platitudes from Babcock, what the **** do any of his phrases mean at this point.

I freaking hate Button but let's be honest he was spot on on a lot of points in the latest overdrive.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Always the same platitudes from Babcock, what the **** do any of his phrases mean at this point.

Button has been speaking the truth for a long time.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
It's the Leaf's board and this is a media thread. I thought that was pretty straight forward.

Reactions: supermann_98

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017

You are right, why listen then complain. I used to be a big TSN radio listener during the day, starting with First up. I have it on when I drive to work, so Leafs Lunch is on when I get in to drive home for lunch. I've slowly been transitioning to some of the 590 shows, but still not totally fed up with First up (getting there though) to just keep my radio tuned to 590.

This is the Toronto Sports media thread... maybe if all they see is pages of complaining about fluff content, they may address the quantity of fluff content... or we'll get the complete recipe to Andi's Nona's (Italian) Lasagna... one of the two.

Reactions: supermann_98
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad