TSN Overdrive and other Toronto Sports Media V4

Status
Not open for further replies.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Is it okay if I say I hate Tim and Sid. Just non stop high horse tirades. I can't believe it but I miss the Bobcat.

Reactions: FreeBird

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Andi was back today....not sure I can listen to her much longer. Carrying on about Italian food

It would be really entertaining if someone came on that show and trolled her incessantly: "Italian food is terrible, nothing but empty carbs, tomato paste and salt...", "you didn't do that, you're lying...", "so what you're saying is...", "that's not what you said during the break..."

Reactions: ihadtochangethename

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Is it any better than the overdrive guys talking about gnocchi, beans, Kraft dinner, chef boyardee, and hot dogs for 30 minutes?
But of course, she was offended by Kraft Dinner because Italians are so much better than everyone else. She’s a bigot and a hypocrite.

Last edited:
Reactions: ihadtochangethename

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Is it any better than the overdrive guys talking about gnocchi, beans, Kraft dinner, chef boyardee, and hot dogs for 30 minutes?

I didn't love that either but they are entertaining most off the time, Leafs Lunch is just a mess and I can't listen to it any more

Which is saying something when I consume pretty much everything Leads related

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Andi was back today....not sure I can listen to her much longer. Carrying on about Italian food

A thousand words used when 100 would have sufficed.

Andi is a rambling machine, incessantly talking about anything, but the Leafs.

Probably the only person in the world to write an essay on the insides of a golf ball consisting of ten thousand words.:DD

napoleon in rags

Fred's dead, Baby... Fred's dead
Jun 17, 2009
St. Helena
I really hate that intro mythology thing they do at the start of Hockey Night in Canada "On this frozen tundra we skate, Play hard and fair the Canadian way, this is our game there is no debate, that's what we hockey fans have to say" etc, that thing is always awful and pointless. Why do they do it?
Because maudlin sentiments sell. And no one sells maudlin better than golf (especially during the Masters), the NFL a close second. Hockey Night in Canada, try as they might, don't even come to those two.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I didn't love that either but they are entertaining most off the time, Leafs Lunch is just a mess and I can't listen to it any more

Agreed. I can't even tolerate the Frank Leo real estate agent ads anymore, lol.

Reactions: Zizzzzy and Kiwi

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Leafs Lunch I don't mind as much recently. As long as MJ is on, or Feschuck on a lesser note. Definitely not a Feschuck supporter, but recently he's been speaking some sense, using stats from NST as well. He sees the issues lots of fans are seeing and he is just about fed up with the coach.

Makes for some entertaining episodes.

Overdrive is definitely my favourite. I can't get enough of Brian Hayes. He's terrific. His comedy relief, tone, timing, and chemistry with O-Dog is perfect. I can understand why it's so popular.

The back and forth they had last night about the KD, brown beans and hot dogs had me on the floor.

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
Agreed. I can't even tolerate the Frank Leo real estate agent ads anymore, lol.

frankleo-1.jpg

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

I try when its the only hockey talk on........but cant listen to her for more than 3 or 4 minutes. She makes politics talk 640 sound interesting.

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I hope she (or really, just about anyone) replaces Petrillo on LL; everything about Petrillo grates my nerves, from the Italian schtick to the schlocky DJ affect she puts on her voice to the horrendous homerism and brutal takes.
Agreed

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
you overestimate his audience.

Indeed. Nobody follows someone ironically for any extended period of time, let alone repeatedly quotes them.

Oh yeah. I'm not saying she isn't qualified or capable of being a broadcaster. She's quite good at Duthie's role, hosting a game broadcast, the odd time she's done it.

Like Peter Mansbridge, she's good with a script. Peter Mansbridge is dull as dishwater (and not too bright) when it's him without a script to read. Ditto here. The banter heavy world of talk radio/tv requires fast thinking and lots of personality. The perfect type of personality to host something like a hockey discussion show: Kathryn Humphreys formerly of Citytv: energetic, comfortable bantering with the boys, fast thinking... Surely there must be personalities like this in the industry. I think it's just a reflection of a bloated corporation filled with managerial mediocrity to match what we see on the air who just unimaginatively promoted someone above their level of competency.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Overdrive, Scotty Mac, Shilton, Bobby Mac, Lebrun, Chris Johnson, the other Johnson

I'm not going to lie though, a lot of radio and TV is a tough slog if your looking for in depth Leafs coverage
Ray Ferraro . Best hockey talk man in the business.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Indeed. Nobody follows someone ironically for any extended period of time, let alone repeatedly quotes them.

Like Peter Mansbridge, she's good with a script. Peter Mansbridge is dull as dishwater (and not too bright) when it's him without a script to read. Ditto here. The banter heavy world of talk radio/tv requires fast thinking and lots of personality. The perfect type of personality to host something like a hockey discussion show: Kathryn Humphreys formerly of Citytv: energetic, comfortable bantering with the boys, fast thinking... Surely there must be personalities like this in the industry. I think it's just a reflection of a bloated corporation filled with managerial mediocrity to match what we see on the air who just unimaginatively promoted someone above their level of competency.

I like listening to Ashley Docking in the mornings, I think she might fit that bill rather nicely.

Reactions: showtime8

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
A thousand words used when 100 would have sufficed.

Andi is a rambling machine, incessantly talking about anything, but the Leafs.

Probably the only person in the world to write an essay on the insides of a golf ball consisting of ten thousand words.:DD
Yep. Yep....and Yep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->