TSN Overdrive and other Toronto Sports Media V4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManosArriba

Oct 24, 2017
To be fair, Dubas is the least credible of the Leafs braintrust under the Shanaplan. He’s also pushing a one dimensional agenda which is blowing up as well and not building to the strengths of the coaching either.

Dubas and Babcock are fundamentally at odds with each other. You either replace Dubas with a GM that is in line with Babcock's coaching style or replace Babcock with a coach more in line with Dubas and his organizational philosophies. This team is going nowhere until this is addressed and it falls squarely on Shanahan's shoulders, he put these two in place. He also needs more of the heat for the cap hell this team is in.
www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/leafs-shanahan-met-marners-agent-says-team-will-cap-issues/sn-amp/

The Toronto Maple Leafs are going to run into salary cap issues and team president Brendan Shanahan wouldn’t have it any other way.
“When we’re not dealing with cap issues we’re probably rebuilding,” Shanahan said Tuesday during an appearance on Sportsnet 590 The Fan’s Prime Time Sports.

Reactions: forecheck

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Dubas and Babcock are fundamentally at odds with each other. You either replace Dubas with a GM that is in line with Babcock's coaching style or replace Babcock with a coach more in line with Dubas and his organizational philosophies. This team is going nowhere until this is addressed and it falls squarely on Shanahan's shoulders, he put these two in place. He also needs more of the heat for the cap hell this team is in.
www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/leafs-shanahan-met-marners-agent-says-team-will-cap-issues/sn-amp/

The Toronto Maple Leafs are going to run into salary cap issues and team president Brendan Shanahan wouldn’t have it any other way.
“When we’re not dealing with cap issues we’re probably rebuilding,” Shanahan said Tuesday during an appearance on Sportsnet 590 The Fan’s Prime Time Sports.

If I’m Shanahan I give Dubas the permission to fire Babcock but also give him some parameters to work with. Aka get off this pompous notion that you can outskill any NHL team to victory. What does analytics tell us, a good team has possession around 60% of the time? What’s the program looking like the other 40%?

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Listened to LL today for the first time ever? Dreger doesn't seem to understand hockey when not talking about contracts. My lord did he sound like a rookie.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
It’s very clear to anybody watching that the strengths of the Leafs aren’t enough to bridge the gap between everything else it’s missing. Even if we subscribe to the idea that the Leafs can be this overwhelming possession team, what does that translate into? A 60/40 offensive to defensive ratio? Dubas is building a team that literally cannot counter punch.
You may be correct. I see it that way ...somewhat. But that 'gap' might be looked at as merely a game 7 melt down ...so maybe the Leaf brass figure they are not too far off. this years start is concerning,but the schedule hasn't helped them,injuries since first game. It's easy to critique any team ,they are all flawed. Bypassing the players and accusing Babs (my favorite target) or Dubas is likely a great big waste of time. I doubt any changes via trades ,or new coach will happen until well after they have seen the full roster for a good 20 games and likely no significant changes till the end of the year.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018

the money is there to spend..i don't see it as an issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad