TSN Overdrive and other Toronto Sports Media V4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
You are right, why listen then complain. I used to be a big TSN radio listener during the day, starting with First up. I have it on when I drive to work, so Leafs Lunch is on when I get in to drive home for lunch. I've slowly been transitioning to some of the 590 shows, but still not totally fed up with First up (getting there though) to just keep my radio tuned to 590.

This is the Toronto Sports media thread... maybe if all they see is pages of complaining about fluff content, they may address the quantity of fluff content... or we'll get the complete recipe to Andi's Nona's (Italian) Lasagna... one of the two.

yeah possibly they could be reading this i didnt take that into account.

First up died for me long ago, Carlo's whiny high pitched voice when he is yelling or having a "hot take" (luke warm takes at best) just grate on my nerves, luckily the 590 morning show with scotty mac (i cant remember the other guy and the girls name off the top of my head) is actually really good its the better option imo even if first up was good

Reactions: garce and Zizzzzy

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
To all sports media

upload_2019-11-15_11-30-32.jpeg

Reactions: Gary Nylund

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Hayes: "Leafs cant match what they have in Edmonton!"

Of course they could.

Matthews Tavares Marner
Johnsson Nylander Kapanen
Mikheyev Kerfoot Hyman
Moore Gauthier Timashov
Petan/Spezza/Shore

That top line would be the best in hockey.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
You are right, why listen then complain. I used to be a big TSN radio listener during the day, starting with First up. I have it on when I drive to work, so Leafs Lunch is on when I get in to drive home for lunch. I've slowly been transitioning to some of the 590 shows, but still not totally fed up with First up (getting there though) to just keep my radio tuned to 590.

This is the Toronto Sports media thread... maybe if all they see is pages of complaining about fluff content, they may address the quantity of fluff content... or we'll get the complete recipe to Andi's Nona's (Italian) Lasagna... one of the two.

I’ve gone from having TSN Toronto radio on all the time to just Overdrive, now it’s 590 or other cities TSN the rest of the day. Gave up On Leafs lunch for good in August and First up recently, just became unlistenable

Reactions: Zizzzzy

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I’ve gone from having TSN Toronto radio on all the time to just Overdrive, now it’s 590 or other cities TSN the rest of the day. Gave up On Leafs lunch for good in August and First up recently, just became unlistenable
On the weekends I've definitely shifted it from TSN 1050 to the Hamilton 1150 station where although they might have the US filler they also have some CFL talk etc. rather than the best of First Up or Leafs Lunch

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
First time I've ever listened to Carlo and thought he was pretty good. Guess it takes awhile for him to get on people's nerves lol.

It’s when he starts getting animated about something his voice gets really whiny and a higher pitch, unfortunately it seems he gets this animated high pitch whine daily now.

He was a breath of fresh air for his first month or so on tsn

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
Andi Petrillo talking about all the facial reconstructive surgery SHE has had, before even really discussing Kerfoot's own injury. I turned it off, and i dont hate her nor the show, but her male counterparts tend to offer more sadly.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
how high is his voice so far?

listened for 10 seconds and he was whining about something NFL related.

i didn’t mind him last year when he made guest appearances , he just comes off as a massive try hard now that he’s a full timer.

Reactions: Walshy7

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Hayes: "Leafs cant match what they have in Edmonton!"

Of course they could.

Matthews Tavares Marner
Johnsson Nylander Kapanen
Mikheyev Kerfoot Hyman
Moore Gauthier Timashov
Petan/Spezza/Shore

That top line would be the best in hockey.
Now your thinkin'! Babs idea is to 'spread out the scoring'...when really ,all he is doing is watering it down.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
First time I've ever listened to Carlo and thought he was pretty good. Guess it takes awhile for him to get on people's nerves lol.
I don't mind him either, but that's cause I'm used to him with Landsberg and maybe my hatred for that 5-hour energy makeup-caked-on freak made Carlo bearable

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
yeah possibly they could be reading this i didnt take that into account.

First up died for me long ago, Carlo's whiny high pitched voice when he is yelling or having a "hot take" (luke warm takes at best) just grate on my nerves, luckily the 590 morning show with scotty mac (i cant remember the other guy and the girls name off the top of my head) is actually really good its the better option imo even if first up was good
Carlo is pure bush league. He and Lansberg never last more than a couple minutes on my car radio.

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
Nylander must be banging Landsberg's wife, even when he's one of our best forwards the last few weeks. Lansberg and Carlo still go out of there way to blame the team's lack of success on one player who is actually playing well.

These assclowns are the problem with Toronto media.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Hayes for some reason seems to be going after Dubas a lot, and not putting much blame on Babcock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad