TSN Overdrive and other Toronto Sports Media V4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Hayes for some reason seems to be going after Dubas a lot, and not putting much blame on Babcock.
If I recall, didn't Dubas diss Hayes and O'Dog back when he first became GM? Something like "Noodles and the 2 Jokers"......Babcock also dissed O'Dog a few years back, which, I'm convinced, contributed to O'Dog's dislike of Babcock. You can't disentangle ego from opinion that easily.

Reactions: supermann_98

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I enjoyed Craig Button’s analysis of the Leafs as playing that swarming busy stupid style of play with their frenetic man on man forecheck, stick sweeping and nonsense. That needs to turn into honest forechecking with physical contact.

forecheck

May 14, 2007
Funny how Craig Button has been carving Babcocks system for a week now - sayiing how his system is the big problem ( and he may be right )- but when asked if he should be replaced " WOOOO now I am not going there " Give us a break Button - don't pretend to be a stand up guy

Reactions: supermann_98

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Funny how Craig Button has been carving Babcocks system for a week now - sayiing how his system is the big problem ( and he may be right )- but when asked if he should be replaced " WOOOO now I am not going there " Give us a break Button - don't pretend to be a stand up guy

I think there is a big difference between saying a guy needs to adjust and saying he should be fired.

That said, Babcock's weakness has been his unwillingness to adjust so........

Reactions: stickty111

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
To be fair, Dubas is the least credible of the Leafs braintrust under the Shanaplan. He’s also pushing a one dimensional agenda which is blowing up as well and not building to the strengths of the coaching either.

You can argue that the GM didn't build to the strengths of the coach, or that the coach isn't playing to the strengths of the team. Either way, there seems to be a big disconnect between management right now.

So much optimism, so much mess. This is where optimism gets us as Leafs fans. Back to the safe, warm arms of pessimism. :laugh:

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
You can argue that the GM didn't build to the strengths of the coach, or that the coach isn't playing to the strengths of the team. Either way, there seems to be a big disconnect between management right now.

So much optimism, so much mess. This is where optimism gets us as Leafs fans. Back to the safe, warm arms of pessimism. :laugh:
It's early yet,but it ain't lookin' good! I hope the team really isn't as Marner dependent as it appears...0 and 4 so far!

forecheck

May 14, 2007
Hayes is a clown! Has Babcock used his talent to the best of their ability? Not in my view. Babs is like a Meth addict who inherited valuable assets ,but pawned them for more Meth money ,making the same mistakes over and over again.

Do you have a Meth problem ? Maybe seek Addiction Help!

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
No i get it - your point was stupid so I thought I would make light of it - have a good day !

PS- Get Help
I will have a fine day,thank you!...the insult confirms your lack of comprehension and general understanding and that really says more about you ! Carry on,maybe you will learn eventually! Adios!

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

It’s very clear to anybody watching that the strengths of the Leafs aren’t enough to bridge the gap between everything else it’s missing. Even if we subscribe to the idea that the Leafs can be this overwhelming possession team, what does that translate into? A 60/40 offensive to defensive ratio? Dubas is building a team that literally cannot counter punch.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
It’s very clear to anybody watching that the strengths of the Leafs aren’t enough to bridge the gap between everything else it’s missing. Even if we subscribe to the idea that the Leafs can be this overwhelming possession team, what does that translate into? A 60/40 offensive to defensive ratio? Dubas is building a team that literally cannot counter punch.

I agree with your assessment in theory, but I feel like we have yet to see Babcock and company attempt a different approach.

And yet, we were told that Babcock was part of the decisions on building the team so....what happened? Where is the breakdown?

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Every show someone has to correct and or help Andi u appreciate the most basic things. Today was understanding Bab’s latest quote.

Why does she have a show? Terrible.
i finally turned off the show for good today,,,i just can't listen to andi anymore

Reactions: Blowfish
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->