TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media) 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
How does Craig Button have a job ? Every time I listen to him speak, I wonder how a guy like that was in management for so many years ? If that is the best clubs can find, I would easily hire a handful of posters on this board ahead of him. Guess that is why he is now on the radio.
I have said before among the "Hockey Experts" working for TSN he is the only one I hate. I still remember he claimed there was no way Timothy Liljegren would make it to the Leafs when they drafted him 17th overall in 2017 and later on Button claimed he went where he was expected to.

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
How does Craig Button have a job ? Every time I listen to him speak, I wonder how a guy like that was in management for so many years ? If that is the best clubs can find, I would easily hire a handful of posters on this board ahead of him. Guess that is why he is now on the radio.
Hear how much he thinks signing Tavares was a terrible decision? He’s a moron.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Dreger segment on leafs lunch today was the most painful thing I’ve ever had to listen to.
most of his segments are, not many people can make their ego constantly ooze through a mic

I've seen the Rolling Stones 15 times, and not even Mick who's a dyed in the wool narcissist, projects that much of his ego

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
dreger has been trying to get nylander out of town for a couple years
most teams wouldn't be able to afford Marner or Matty as far as assets go and not hurt their team going forward, Nylander is much more affordable to other teams looking to add a top 6 forward.

Both M's are looking like true league elites, Nylander doesn't

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Gord Miller today was talking about how he feels more and more that Nylander won't sign until after December 1st.

If Nylander does not sign BY December 1st, he is ineligible to play this season.

This guy gets paid too talk about hockey.

Reactions: ObscureAlien

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I was worried for Overdrive when they got into the Fortnite stuff. But luckily there was a voice of reason there. It's a problem when a person gets too absorbed in games. But it is the same as getting too absorbed in anything. There are a lot of distractions out there and if people can't take care of themselves it can hurt them.

Agreed that Leafs Lunch is just impossible to listen to. Don't always agree with the Overdrive group, but can respect their perspectives.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Now they have the "First Up" song in Italian. God help us all*.

*though I'm criticizing, I'm actually one of the few who doesn't mind Landsberg and Carlo

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Andi Petrillo is unprepared and lacks basic knowledge. And she can’t control the anti-Leaf sentiment that runs rampant on that show.

I was fine with her when it started but now she is just annoying. And the cohosts are not great. and they basically just torch her the whole show for being an airhead. Not something I want to hear when I tune in. Basically both 12 oclock shows suck now.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I was fine with her when it started but now she is just annoying. And the cohosts are not great. and they basically just torch her the whole show for being an airhead. Not something I want to hear when I tune in. Basically both 12 oclock shows suck now.

What’s the other 12 o’clock show, hockey central at noon?

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Andi Petrillo is unprepared and lacks basic knowledge. And she can’t control the anti-Leaf sentiment that runs rampant on that show.

It's basically impossible to control the two 5-year old co-hosts they had on yesterday. Jesus... Miller and Button never shut up and think whatever they say is bulletproof. I can't believe a producer hasn't told them to wait their turn to speak, just like I tell my kids.

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018

*though I'm criticizing, I'm actually one of the few who doesn't mind Landsberg and Carlo

Literally switched to Talk 640 as soon as they tee'd that up. Missing the days of the summer with Cauz, Feschuk, Carlo, etc. without all the gimmicks. Plus I don't get why Cauz has been abandoned by TSN - I can see why his personality might rub some the wrong way, but I found him to a solid blend of knowledgeable, articulate, and amusing.

Re: Overdrive, I must say with all the critique certain personalities get on here, that show is bar-none the best around. The chemistry between the 3 of them is amazing, and I hope they all stick around for a while. Highly entertaining for a radio show. And Hayes might be the best sports radio host I've heard in my 33 yrs of life in TO.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Speaking of clueless sports media, Jeff Blair shouldn't be allowed to talk about hockey. The guy is absolutely clueless on the sport and needs to stick to baseball. He just took a caller who mentioned Nylander will miss out on endorsement deals if he doesn't sign in Toronto. Blair claimed that other than Sidney Crosby (Tim Hortons), hockey players don't sign endorsement deals and Nylander won't have any opportunity to make off ice income just because he plays in Toronto. Nylander literally just signed a deal with Reebok, Matthews is with Bauer, Marner with RedBull and Brown with Sportchek.

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
Speaking of clueless sports media, Jeff Blair shouldn't be allowed to talk about hockey. The guy is absolutely clueless on the sport and needs to stick to baseball. He just took a caller who mentioned Nylander will miss out on endorsement deals if he doesn't sign in Toronto. Blair claimed that other than Sidney Crosby (Tim Hortons), hockey players don't sign endorsement deals and Nylander won't have any opportunity to make off ice income just because he plays in Toronto. Nylander literally just signed a deal with Reebok, Matthews is with Bauer, Marner with RedBull and Brown with Sportchek.

Not disputing his lack of hockey knowledge, but to be fair I think these endorsement deals are for pennies compared to some other athletes. I'd be betting the deal is in the 5 or 6 figure range annually - probably not enough to move the needle as far as what city to play in.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Not disputing his lack of hockey knowledge, but to be fair I think these endorsement deals are for pennies compared to some other athletes. I'd be betting the deal is in the 5 or 6 figure range annually - probably not enough to move the needle as far as what city to play in.

You would win that bet too.
There is a reason that player image rights is hardly ever a sticking point in the CBA negotiations whereas in soccer, it’s sometimes a player’s main source of income.

We have the advertisements sure- I remember Mats and Wayne for McDonalds years back. Crosby and Mack for Tim’s.
How often do you see hockey stars on television outside of games or forced media interactions? Seldom.

RAM

Feb 16, 2015

I live out west so I only hear them online usually after the fact. I just cannot listen to Landsberg. I always fast forward the feed until he finishes talking. Every time he speaks I get chest pains and my head begins to throb. He might be a good person I don't know, but he is a danger to the health of others and his show should come with a medical alert warning

Reactions: MsMeow

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Holy shit, get Craig Button off Leafs Lunch, condescending holier-than-thou piece of garbage. You guys complain about Gord Miller? No where near as awful as this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad