Speculation: Assistant Coaches

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
Don’t care about the succession stuff. Should focus on the now. Ruff (I think) is known as a defensive coach. Power play in jersey not that good for all the talent that they had
1. Power play guru
2. Mini ruff a coach that knows how ruff wants to play and believes in it and runs the defence
3. A toughness coach (Rob Ray?). Someone who teaches the forwards to be nasty

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Don’t care about the succession stuff. Should focus on the now. Ruff (I think) is known as a defensive coach. Power play in jersey not that good for all the talent that they had
1. Power play guru
2. Mini ruff a coach that knows how ruff wants to play and believes in it and runs the defence
3. A toughness coach (Rob Ray?). Someone who teaches the forwards to be nasty

The era of Ruff as a defensive coach was very early in his career so it wouldn't surprise to see them doing things similar to the Devils.

Dallas was 10th, 2nd, 1st, and 16th in GF in his four seasons there.
NJ 19th, 5th, 11th in three seasons there (I didn't adjust for position when Green took over admittedly).

They tended to be on the higher side. This isn't deadpuck era Lindy.

Reactions: Fjordy and Jim Bob

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

In NJ this past season:

With Lindy: 22.5% PP 3.31 GF/G 3.49 GA/G
Without Lindy: 22.4% PP 2.95 GF/G 3.24 GA/G

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

Todd Reirden let go by the penguins.

Sullivan and Reirden have developed a very strong relationship over the years and despite what Dubas said in his statement, it is not believed Sullivan was in favor of Reirden’s dismissal. Reirden, the former head coach of the Washington Capitals, has long been regarded as one of hockey’s best assistant coaches with his specialty lying in his work with defensemen.

Letang loves working with Reirden and has credited him with reviving his career on more than one occasion.

Reirden’s units have almost exclusively sat in the top 10 in the NHL during his stints as a power play coach. However, the power play looked sluggish at times during the 2022-23 season, finishing 14th in the NHL. It then plummeted this past season.

I wonder if the Sabres will have any interest?

Reactions: Dingo44

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Doubt it. Unless they fire Marty Wilford.

bye.gif

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Doubt it. Unless they fire Marty Wilford.
I really hope Kevyn Adams isn’t forcing assistant on Lindy simply because they’re still under contract.

If he is, then Assign him to the press box and hire a real defensive asst. coach! lol

I am hoping Lindy gets to actually assemble the best coaching staff he can (as he claimed he plans on).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad