TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media) 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninetyone

Jul 12, 2018
Listen to TheFull60 with Craig Custance. The Darryl Belfry episode (ep.44 I believe) - it's superb.

He talks s lot about Auston Matthews and how driven he is to improve. How he completely revamped his shot after his first season.

Belfry is a skills coach - now works with the Leafs (far more than skills) and his knowledge of hockey and how he articulates himself is the best I've heard in hockey.

Reactions: Not My Tempo

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
dreger has been trying to get nylander out of town for a couple years

This misconception is wrong and misleading, yet has been regurgitated here over and over.

Dreger hasn't been trying to get Nylander out of town.
He's reported, many times, that teams have inquired as to one of the 3 Leafs star young forwards. He then always goes on to say that the Leafs have no interest in losing Marner or Matthews, but that for a steep price, they have been open to negotiations over Nylander.
He's also reported that since the #1 glaring need for this team is a solid #1 defenseman who is relatively young, that the Leafs would have to pay a hell of a high price in order to get one. That price would almost assuredly include Nylander.

Why, do you ask, does the guy always fall back to mentioning Nylander in these hypothetical deals? Well, easy. Since their draft, Matthews and Marner have been looked at as not only cornerstone pieces, but foundation blocks to championship teams. Nylander is not in the same conversation as those 2, and if push does come to shove and one of the 3 has to go, it sure as hell won't be Matthews or Marner.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Since we’re talking about Podcast I figure I’ll just plug in the ones I listen to.

The Leaf Report: James Mirtle and Jonas Seigal discuss the leafs, by far the least “hot takey”. My second favourite.

LeafsGeeksPodcast: Ian Tulloch basically dives into the analytics of Leafs players. My personal favourite but it can be hard to get into if you don’t like analytics.

Back to Excited: Basically the guys over at Pensionplanpuppets discuss the Leafs.

Steve Dangle Podcast: If you like Steve’s videos you’ll like it, if not just skip it. It’s basically just 3 friends chatting about the Leafs

Then other general NHL related ones:

Hockey PDOcast
The Full 60
31 Thoughts

My commute to work is just cycling through these.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Jeff gets way too much hate imo, but he does occasionally bring it upon himself.

Every break I've gotten so far has been as a result of being unconventional and had I done the "normal" things, I wouldn't have anything resembling a platform today.

:laugh: I'm sure it has nothing to do those leafs connections he had growing up.

Budz22

Sep 18, 2018
I really enjoy the O Dog on Overdrive but today he was talking outta his ass justifying the Tom Wilson hit.

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
I really enjoy the O Dog on Overdrive but today he was talking outta his ass justifying the Tom Wilson hit.

Not only that you can tell he's a child in a man's body. Like one of those people that you cannot get into debates with b/c they can't accept people can disagree or see the world differently than them and they fly off the handle.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Since we’re talking about Podcast I figure I’ll just plug in the ones I listen to.

The Leaf Report: James Mirtle and Jonas Seigal discuss the leafs, by far the least “hot takey”. My second favourite.

LeafsGeeksPodcast: Ian Tulloch basically dives into the analytics of Leafs players. My personal favourite but it can be hard to get into if you don’t like analytics.

Back to Excited: Basically the guys over at Pensionplanpuppets discuss the Leafs.

Steve Dangle Podcast: If you like Steve’s videos you’ll like it, if not just skip it. It’s basically just 3 friends chatting about the Leafs

Then other general NHL related ones:

Hockey PDOcast
The Full 60
31 Thoughts

My commute to work is just cycling through these.

Spittin' Chiclets and the Bobcast are great as well. My guilty pleasure is James Duthie's Rubber Boots podcast.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Word has it that Scott Moore has resigned at Rogers. That's a pretty massive development, as much as I wanted to see him gone the second Rogers signed the NHL deal.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
How does Craig Button have a job ? Every time I listen to him speak, I wonder how a guy like that was in management for so many years ? If that is the best clubs can find, I would easily hire a handful of posters on this board ahead of him. Guess that is why he is now on the radio.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
How does Craig Button have a job ? Every time I listen to him speak, I wonder how was a guy like that in management for so many years ? If that is the best clubs can find, I am pretty sure there are a line-up of posters on these boards who would be better given a chance.
Former managers/players who didn't make enough coin turn to networks for jobs. Nowadays even league minimum for 5-10 years can set that player up for life.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
who is scott moore?

Soon-to-be former president of Sportsnet and NHL at Rogers. He was one of the guys who helped Rogers land the massive NHL deal and had a lot of say regarding on-air personalities, both on TV and radio. He was the lead guy who replaced MacLean with Strombo on HNiC, amongst all the other changes they incorporated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad