TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media) 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
Odog can be really funny and likeable at times and other times he's really obnoxious and acts like a pouty 5 year old. He also comes off as a typical meathead that rips on analytics and anyone that believes in them as being "nerds."

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
he must not actually hate Jonas, i get the feeling its a bit Jonas runs with it not sure if everyone else feels the same way though.

Yeah that's probably the case. It would be nice, however, if Jonas didn't go baby monkey every time he is on the show. He is pretty knowledgable when it comes to the 4 major sports but we get feathers from him most of the time

KyleSeaBass

Oct 5, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Why is there such a lack of quality hockey radio coverage in the biggest hockey market in the world?

The so called media "talent" in this city is brutal.

I cannot stand 95% of the blowhards on the radio.

Is it really that hard to find someone that isn't obnoxious, informed, doesn't have an irritating voice and has a modicum of wit or skill on the mic in this market?

I'm sorry, but it should be criminal to allow guys like Gord Miller and Jonas Seigl to be hosts on the biggest Leaf radio shows in the market. Find some more competent people so you don't have to move writers and play-by-play guys in as hosts to fill in.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Why is there such a lack of quality hockey radio coverage in the biggest hockey market in the world?

Is it really that hard to find someone that isn't obnoxious, informed, doesn't have an irritating voice and has a modicum of wit or skill on the mic in this market?

I'm sorry, but it should be criminal to allow guys like Gord Miller and Jonas Seigl to be hosts on the biggest Leaf radio shows in the market. Find some more competent people so you don't have to move writers and play-by-play guys in as hosts to fill in.

For SNet (Rogers) and TSN (Bell) these radio stations are a bother and that's why they don't really invest heavily in them. 590 has Bobcat from way before and he is actually the only one who is making it worthwhile, but when Tim and Sid got hot, they moved them to TV, something that Bobcat said many times was suggested to him but he didn't see it working so he never bothered. All the "talent" they invest into is on the TV side.

Overdrive kinda fell into their laps, it was a semi-rookie host with 2 part time hockey guys who happened to get such a great chemistry.

Mikey88

Feb 18, 2010
Troll City
Since we’re talking about Podcast I figure I’ll just plug in the ones I listen to.

The Leaf Report: James Mirtle and Jonas Seigal discuss the leafs, by far the least “hot takey”. My second favourite.

LeafsGeeksPodcast: Ian Tulloch basically dives into the analytics of Leafs players. My personal favourite but it can be hard to get into if you don’t like analytics.

Back to Excited: Basically the guys over at Pensionplanpuppets discuss the Leafs.

Steve Dangle Podcast: If you like Steve’s videos you’ll like it, if not just skip it. It’s basically just 3 friends chatting about the Leafs

Then other general NHL related ones:

Hockey PDOcast
The Full 60
31 Thoughts

My commute to work is just cycling through these.

Leafs Hour on Sportsnet Radio is pretty good too. The hosts are kind of refreshing to listen to and have some great guests like Ian Tulloch and Justin Bourne.

forecheck

May 14, 2007
Landsberg and Colliacocovo are just terrible... They play that dumb song every other minute and Landsberg continually pushes his 5 hour energy drinks. (Do some research on the negative effects of these drinks ) Hypocrite!

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Landsberg and Colliacocovo are just terrible... They play that dumb song every other minute and Landsberg continually pushes his 5 hour energy drinks. (Do some research on the negative effects of these drinks ) Hypocrite!

Carlo is so excited by the gig he just burbles constantly. I get the sense that Landsberg and his song are influencing him heavily. I can’t listen. Andi and Gord make me a very small dose consumer of Leaf Lunch, today too bad I’ve been a loyal listener of that show for years. Wheeler is terrible I can’t stand anything on 1050 except overdrive. I love sports radio and have it on most of the day. Not TSN Toronto anymore.

Reactions: MsMeow

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

Seriously? They aren't "his" energy drinks, it's a paid advertisement.

Keep Sorokin Me Babe

Hit em with the four like
Jun 18, 2016
Jeff O'Neill is really cringeworthy when he decides to throw out a bunch of hot takes like he did in Hour 1 today. Listening to his arguments get torn apart by the MMA reporter in the last segment was really fun

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
For SNet (Rogers) and TSN (Bell) these radio stations are a bother and that's why they don't really invest heavily in them. 590 has Bobcat from way before and he is actually the only one who is making it worthwhile, but when Tim and Sid got hot, they moved them to TV, something that Bobcat said many times was suggested to him but he didn't see it working so he never bothered. All the "talent" they invest into is on the TV side.

Overdrive kinda fell into their laps, it was a semi-rookie host with 2 part time hockey guys who happened to get such a great chemistry.

Hayes was no rookie when he went to TSN. His dad was in radio forever and he was himself on AM 640 for some time before going to TSN. His show was also called Leafs Lunch with Bill Waters.

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
He is promoting them ...Getting paid to promote them - He can choose not to promote them - Hayes gets paid for My Pillow --- Side gig

Unless he's doing a personal endorsement, Landsberg is reading those liners because the client bought air time that was sold to them by the sales department of the radio station. He has no choice. It's part of this job. Long gone are the days of on-air guys making side deals and then putting them on the air without management approval. "Hey...hello to the folks at Joe's Pizza...and let me tell you about Joes Pizza...etc" Pizza shows up at the back door of the station. Ah, the good old days!

And although Hayes may get something for putting his name to the My Pillow stuff, trust me...NOTHING goes to air unless the station has approved it.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008

His name is Stephen Brunt. Extremely knowledable. Makes you think without forcing it down your throat. Impartial and not afraid to express a different view point. I have a lot of time for him.

Reactions: therealkoho
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad