TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media) 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Did he mention Wayne Gretzky? He likes to mention that he's friends with Wayne Gretzky, him and Wayne Gretzky are buddies. Wayne Gretzky Wayne Gretzky Wayne Gretzky.
"I Just Got Off The phone With Wayne Gretzky..."
"I Just Got A Text From Wayne".

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Lucic? That’s a big unfair to Simmonds who was always a better offensive player and can still skate.

Lucic was pretty good though until his late 20's. Simmonds is entering his 30's and suddenly having a bad year. It will be an ugly contract he signs this summer.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I would take Simmonds on this team in a heartbeat, if he didn’t cost a fortune. That’s what we’re missing.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Overdrive panel discussing how bad the Oilers and their D are and Noodles chimes in with “actually their defense may not be very far off from the Leafs.”

O’Neill shut him down with “this isn’t about the leafs, this is about the oilers and they aren’t good.”

Nice to hear, that one cut deep.

Keep Sorokin Me Babe

Hit em with the four like
Jun 18, 2016
Overdrive panel discussing how bad the Oilers and their D are and Noodles chimes in with “actually their defense may not be very far off from the Leafs.”

O’Neill shut him down with “this isn’t about the leafs, this is about the oilers and they aren’t good.”

He immediately went on the defensive once the Oilers were brought up. I get he grew up near there and it's totally fine having an affinity for your hometown team, but don't go spewing off BS about how you're completely neutral and like all 31 teams equally. At least Hayes and O'Neill let it be known that they're Leafs fans

Reactions: AreBe and TheShape

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016

Leafs have the 3rd lowest GA. Has the media ever tried to report that?

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
It seems like almost every 2nd line winger 27-35 that hits free agency turns into a contract that doesn't look too good.

Okloso, Ladd, Eriksson, Lucic, Neal, Kovalchuk, Backes
Super star fat cats and league minimum players
All Leafs fans want to do is trade away young Europeans for players who sit in the penalty box after a fracas
Sports radio requires listening to the fans, and I think the Fan 590 and TSN 1050 both have a no trade talk rule so we don't have to listen to logic slayers
We're into analytics now, the other GM is not an alcoholic and as it is modern times, cannot receive faxes

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Super star fat cats and league minimum players
All Leafs fans want to do is trade away young Europeans for players who sit in the penalty box after a fracas
Sports radio requires listening to the fans, and I think the Fan 590 and TSN 1050 both have a no trade talk rule so we don't have to listen to logic slayers
We're into analytics now, the other GM is not an alcoholic and as it is modern times, cannot receive faxes
Please stop quoting my posts.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Apparently Scotty Mac choose to leave. It’s a tough gig talking to basically yourself for three hours everyday. All the best.

I can see him having decided to leave. He morphed and transitioned decently into a show’s host. But I also found it strange that he went from being passionate about and coverage the Jays, to an on air host. I didn’t think that was really his doing or choice to begin with.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Traditional media is in a crunch and it is a competitive industry
It appears as if Rogers was losing money on the publishing end and did massive across the board cuts, laying off on air staff and sinking the Blue Jays
On air people get let go by no fault of their own all the time, sometimes in pursuit of some non- existent corporate synergy
If a person can leave on their own terms, maybe get a job in PR generally or for a team,(not that I know!) great, they should take that steady pay!

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

He also said Petrovic was a good add.

Reactions: Punch Drunk Loov

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Maybe you shouldn't laugh at people just because their moral decisions aren't the exact same as yours?

The point is that its a totally false opinion.

BREAKING BAD SPOILERS BELOW

The entire point of the show is that Walt loses everything he loves when he becomes a drug kingpin. It ruins his family and destroys his life at a level even his cancer couldnt do. It turns him to a monster and horrible person. Its literally the exact opposite of glorifying drug dealing.

forecheck

May 14, 2007
"Noodles" maclennan calling the fans who were booing gardener idiots and morons for their actions ..... Shut up

This guys has to go .... To his credit Hayes called him out for the ridiculous comments... Maclennan is not a smart person and he embarasses himself every time he opens his mouth...

CarterD

Dec 20, 2018
I don't dislike the guy, but I was never a fan of his shows.
Scotty Mac is great when he has other people to feed off of (Like when he covered for Hayes) but when he's alone/running his own show it's pretty bad lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad